Koh Tao suspects to be indicted by end of month

Lite Beer

I saw an interview with the mother of this boy who died on koh tao, she said she was told he had fallen from his hillside villa down the rocks and drowned in the sea, when she went to identify the body she said there wasn't a mark on his face which she found very strange as he had fallen down the rocks.

She also said he was covered in dry blood even though the police said he had been in the sea all night.

If the same people who killed Nick also killed David then why did the KT police cover it up for the 2 Burmese guys in January? Hmm......

He went on to say that British police had visited the crime scene and that they should be satisfied with the procedure followed as per the Thai justice system.

Obviously their presence serves no legitimate or useful purpose. Probably spend most of their time on a pommie-nanny state expense account beach holiday hitting the bars and looking more and more like the pomegranates for which they're named.

Pommie-Travels-Logo-Revised2.png

Mate. You got it all wrong!!

They simply got distracted by all the Aussie convicts living here!!rolleyes.gif

Have I missed something here? case is closed yet no criminal conviction has been made. Should nt by any standard the case still be open until proven guilty in a court of law?

Although they confessed their confession was under duress and recanted therefore thay have not confessed their guilt. I still think case should be open for investigation.

I stand to be corrected, but wasn't this case 85% completed about 2 - 3 weeks ago? Seems to me the RTP are going backwards, which is a good thing. It must be because the case is still flawed, but the RTP are to be given even more time to seal the holes in a case that has already been quoted by some as being 'perfect/complete'. It appears the Human Rights guys are very much concerned that the 2B are held 'incommunicado' by RTP, which is preventing reasonable access by their lawyers, thus preventing a comprehensive basis of defence to be prepared!

Time for the Myanmar guys to book their tickets home!!

It is becoming more and more obvious by the day, that the RTP and the prosecutors don't have a case!!

80% complete?? My backside!!bah.gif

I would be more worried that they may be booking tickets to the crematorium if this carries on, and they meet an " unfortunate accident" in the next few weeks

I have seen a few posters predict this but what would that achieve. Do you think if they met an unfortunate accident this would somehow go away? Everyone would suddenly think it's all over?

It is becoming more and more obvious by the day, that the RTP and the prosecutors don't have a case!!

I would be more worried that they may be booking tickets to the crematorium if this carries on, and they meet an " unfortunate accident" in the next few weeks

You see, this is part of the problem. If this is a set-up, the police knew they would have to have at least two scapegoat suspects to explain the bludgeoning/drowning murders of two people. A gun or a incapacitating initial attack on the male from behind would have allowed them to get away with a single suspect. But they didn't have that 'luxury'. So it has to be at least two suspects. Now, you can have an unfortunate 'accident' happen to a single suspect in custody, but for such a thing to happen to two suspects 'simultaneously' would be beyond belief. [Headline: "two Kao Toh suspects hang each other in cell in suicide pact" - right]. So the police have a real problem on their hands with this one if indeed these two lads are just scapegoats.

• Like 1

Ok I will ask again They sent samples to three places were the results same or different? I only heard Police hospital results Which I might add broke a world speed record on getting results all most as if report was filled out before getting sample.

• Like 1

You see, this is part of the problem. If this is a set-up, the police knew they would have to have at least two scapegoat suspects to explain the bludgeoning/drowning murders of two people. A gun or a incapacitating initial attack on the male from behind would have allowed them to get away with a single suspect. But they didn't have that 'luxury'. So it has to be at least two suspects. Now, you can have an unfortunate 'accident' happen to a single suspect in custody, but for such a thing to happen to two suspects 'simultaneously' would be beyond belief. [Headline: "two Kao Toh suspects hang each other in cell in suicide pact" - right]. So the police have a real problem on their hands with this one if indeed these two lads are just scapegoats.

ah but your forgetting the suicide note left in the cell written in Thai, confessing all, problem solved....thumbsup.gif .....You farang tink too mut

Alternatively an thwarted escape attempt by the suspects and they are shot in back by heroic RTP who step in a save the day from these dangerous criminals

another inmate (s) in the prison kill them in an argument over drugs/gambling etc

the point I am trying to illustrate is that it doesn't need to be a "suicide pact", if this is a stitch up, which it looks likely it is, and the stakes are that high, then who knows what the RTP would pull to make this "problem" go away

• Like 1

I saw an interview with the mother of this boy who died on koh tao, she said she was told he had fallen from his hillside villa down the rocks and drowned in the sea, when she went to identify the body she said there wasn't a mark on his face which she found very strange as he had fallen down the rocks.

This is a separate case, not this case. This thread is about the murders of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge.

You are referring to the suspicious death of Nick Pearson.

Two separate cases here.

• Like 1

If the defence counsel assigned to the 2 Burmese chaps are actually switched on and dedicated to defending them in court (if it even gets to that stage) then there are so many holes and inconsistencies they can highlight to prove their innocence.
An iffy judge obviously can over ride anything that said. I honestly don't think these lads have done what they're accused of & the evidence that is known seem to support that theory. The UK inquest will hopefully clear things up a lot. i hope so. It would be a tragedy for patsies to take the fall

• Like 1

This is a separate case, not this case. This thread is about the murders of David Miller and Hannah Witheridge.

You are referring to the suspicious death of Nick Pearson.

Two separate cases here.

Another suspicious murder which happened at the same place with the same cause of death only 9 months prior which the police are also suspected to have covered up by the family. Edited by KunMatt
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Careful and detailed as possible should be a given in all cases so why the statement.

This caravan just rolls on to its inevitable conclusion ..

Any feedback from the British police yet?

Last time I checked, the local police were taking the British Police tourists, for a nice thai massage and sight seeing of the island.

Let's just hope it isn't only for a show to calm the international community. Look at the truth in this way, how much authority would the British Police have in this matter? Of course the chief has set up precautions on what the thai police will allow the british police to have access to and the rights given to them. If they were not invited, the international community would not be pleased. It's all just for show. Certainly, we were all hoping for the thai police to effed up, and how the James Bond would just swoop into Thailand, and take the investigation into it's own matters, and rightfully find the right culprit. But no, it's just for show. Something to be written in history. Yes...... the brits came....... no problem...... forcing everyone to believe.

ah but your forgetting the suicide note left in the cell written in Thai, confessing all, problem solved....thumbsup.gif .....You farang tink too mut

Alternatively an thwarted escape attempt by the suspects and they are shot in back by heroic RTP who step in a save the day from these dangerous criminals

another inmate (s) in the prison kill them in an argument over drugs/gambling etc

the point I am trying to illustrate is that it doesn't need to be a "suicide pact", if this is a stitch up, which it looks likely it is, and the stakes are that high, then who knows what the RTP would pull to make this "problem" go away

I know - I was just using 'suicide' as a extreme example to make the point. That point is that it would be highly unbelievable for both suspects to be killed by other inmates etc etc. Easier to do/explain with one suspect; much harder to do/explain with two on your hands. Especially when the world is watching.

Also, do we know whether the suspects are being kept in the general population or even together? I can't recalling reading about that... I believe that in a typical murder case--yes, I know this is Thailand--the suspects would be kept apart so that they cannot work on and refine a covering story.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Careful and detailed as possible should be a given in all cases so why the statement.

This caravan just rolls on to its inevitable conclusion ..

Any feedback from the British police yet?

Last time I checked, the local police were taking the British Police tourists, for a nice thai massage and sight seeing of the island.

Let's just hope it isn't only for a show to calm the international community. Look at the truth in this way, how much authority would the British Police have in this matter? Of course the chief has set up precautions on what the thai police will allow the british police to have access to and the rights given to them. If they were not invited, the international community would not be pleased. It's all just for show. Certainly, we were all hoping for the thai police to effed up, and how the James Bond would just swoop into Thailand, and take the investigation into it's own matters, and rightfully find the right culprit. But no, it's just for show. Something to be written in history. Yes...... the brits came....... no problem...... forcing everyone to believ

Please show where you got the massage information from. Until I see an official report and or photo's I don't believe you.

80% complete and they are ready to indict.

Before, the case was "perfect."

What is the English word which could be used above "perfect?"

The word "pluperfect" is occasionally used in the meaning "more than perfect". Of course, this makes as much sense as "more unique"..

80% complete means little. It is that last 20% where they are trying to produce hard evidence that is the hardest.

80% complete and they are ready to indict.

Before, the case was "perfect."

What is the English word which could be used above "perfect?"

The word "pluperfect" is occasionally used in the meaning "more than perfect". Of course, this makes as much sense as "more unique"..

80% complete means little. It is that last 20% where they are trying to produce hard evidence that is the hardest.

Omnipotent

Yes that would be RTP and any one with a bit of power in Thailand and by divine right!

One can only hope that the British Police sent to observe will be up front and forthright when they prepare their reports and that if they have a problem with the way the Thai police did things that they will report accurately what they found and that it will be made public for all to see. I want to believe that the British Police will not play politics for the sake of placating international relations and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

So these two boys are being detained while the Police get their case together... doesn't make sense

How can anyone state they will be indicted when the case is not yet complete. What if that last 20% shows an error on the Police and also shows the boys to be innocent.

A statement like the OP only shows that the case has already been concluded by the Thai authorities

I don't get it why everybody here seems convinced that these 2 Burmese are not the real killers. Just last week 2 Thai duck farmers were brutally murdered by their Burmese employees to get the money for a sale of duck eggs. It happens alot about once a week I see a story. Lets not forget that Burmese grow up under a brutal military regime. This makes them hard. Its definitely possible that they are the real killers.

• Like 1

I think they are drawing things out as long as possible, just in case the UK coppers do have information which poo poo's the whole case.

Sure the RTP apologists on TV will be breaking out the champagne today and along shortly to comment and gloat

He went on to say that British police had visited the crime scene and that they should be satisfied with the procedure followed as per the Thai justice system.

"Should be satisfied" ?........you mean the UK coppers never gave feedback to anyone in Thailand before they left Thailand ?...that is strange

Sorry! I hadn't heard they left Thailand. When was that?

• Like 1