Koh Tao suspects to be indicted by end of month

Lite Beer

I don't get it why everybody here seems convinced that these 2 Burmese are not the real killers. Just last week 2 Thai duck farmers were brutally murdered by their Burmese employees to get the money for a sale of duck eggs. It happens alot about once a week I see a story. Lets not forget that Burmese grow up under a brutal military regime. This makes them hard. Its definitely possible that they are the real killers.

Of course it's possible! If and when real evidence is shown to prove beyond doubt they did this crime I would hope they get a long hard sentence.

So much evidence was given in public statements early in the investigation leading in another direction. This is what has made everyone wonder why that wasn't cleared in a similar public way. Public statements that said there was enough evidence to place certain people at the scene have never been addressed IE if they could say clearly in public they had real evidence against these people why can't they say in public what made them steer away from this evidence.

This in my opinion is what has made people so sure there is evidence that doesn't involve these two that has been ignored.

• Like 1

Think Again!!!

For those that think this story will soon go away, it will not... I have been following (CSI LA) on FB. They are relentless and are not letting this go. They said that they will not show the police all their cards. They indicated that they will share their evidence with the defendants lawyers. Apparently this group on FB is some type of scientist and he does various types of analysis. They have a huge following.

I don't get it why everybody here seems convinced that these 2 Burmese are not the real killers. Just last week 2 Thai duck farmers were brutally murdered by their Burmese employees to get the money for a sale of duck eggs. It happens alot about once a week I see a story. Lets not forget that Burmese grow up under a brutal military regime. This makes them hard. Its definitely possible that they are the real killers.

What about the lack of motive??

Yes Myanmar nationals commits crimes in Thailand, but in 99.9% of the cases is to enrich themselves.

Do you seriously think, that those two guys killed two complete strangers to get a mobile-phone??

As for the rape-motive. Nonsense!! Why go for a lady in company of a big British lad?? Besides the fact, that they probably could get laid for 20 baht in their home-village!!

The violent nature (revenge?) of the killings points in another direction! (N****d)

• Like 2

BANGKOK: -- Thawatchai Siangjaew, deputy director general of Regional Public Prosecution 8, announced yesterday that prosecutors should be able to indict two Myanmar men charged with the murder of two Britons on Koh Tao by the end of this month

He went on to say that British police had visited the crime scene and that they should be satisfied with the procedure followed as per the Thai justice system.

Should? Hardly the most adamant of statements. Probably should replace with wish or hope!

How could the British police be satisfied with a case that has gone on almost 2 months and now another 3 weeks to try and wind it up when it was supposed to be a perfect case.

If the DNA of these guys matches that found on Hannah then what is the prosecutions problem? Any other evidence than this apart from a witnessing of the crime is irrelevant!

Think Again!!!

For those that think this story will soon go away, it will not... I have been following (CSI LA) on FB. They are relentless and are not letting this go. They said that they will not show the police all their cards. They indicated that they will share their evidence with the defendants lawyers. Apparently this group on FB is some type of scientist and he does various types of analysis. They have a huge following.

CSL LA is indeed an interesting site, but about as trustworthy as the RTP!!

As for their big following, just shows the dangers of a social-media-frenzy.

Trust your fellow posters here on Thaivisa, and read CSI LA for entertainment!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

What about the lack of motive??

Yes Myanmar nationals commits crimes in Thailand, but in 99.9% of the cases is to enrich themselves.

Do you seriously think, that those two guys killed two complete strangers to get a mobile-phone??

As for the rape-motive. Nonsense!! Why go for a lady in company of a big British lad?? Besides the fact, that they probably could get laid for 20 baht in their home-village!!

The violent nature (revenge?) of the killings points in another direction! (N****d)

Anyone seeing the state of Hannah's face will know this was a very vicious attack, and not one that would just be used to conclude a rape. Whoever did this was a maniac and seemingly hell bent on revenge. The two suspects were found tucked up in their bed that morning by their friend. That's hardly the behaviour expected of a pair having just committed a heinous act such as this.

• Like 2

80% complete and they are ready to indict.

Before, the case was "perfect."

What is the English word which could be used above "perfect?"

it reminds me of the 'we will have the culprits in three days" comments. How could they know that? How can they know indictment will happen by the end of the month? Especially when the report is incomplete, and apparently all witnesses/suspects??? haven't been questioned yet (as reported yesterday).

It's crazy, I agree.

Some time ago in Pattaya two Russians were murdered on the beach. For weeks no killer was caught and the bad press in Russia and elsewhere was crucifying the Thai cops.

So.....the word came down from the top brass in Bangkok....."you must make an arrest within a week" (it was in the newspapers). Bingo...a Thai was arrested and convicted.

Now, it might be he was guilty, but with these artificial deadlines imposed, you have to wonder. It scares the life out of me.

BANGKOK: -- Thawatchai Siangjaew, deputy director general of Regional Public Prosecution 8, announced yesterday that prosecutors should be able to indict two Myanmar men charged with the murder of two Britons on Koh Tao by the end of this month

He went on to say that British police had visited the crime scene and that they should be satisfied with the procedure followed as per the Thai justice system.

Should? Hardly the most adamant of statements. Probably should replace with wish or hope!

How could the British police be satisfied with a case that has gone on almost 2 months and now another 3 weeks to try and wind it up when it was supposed to be a perfect case.

If the DNA of these guys matches that found on Hannah then what is the prosecutions problem? Any other evidence than this apart from a witnessing of the crime is irrelevant!

I think I'll wait for a formal statement from the UK police. Not many here trust second hand statements from the RTP. The UK police were probably to polite to say, "that's a load of <deleted>", directly to themlaugh.png Let's wait for their formal report, but it's unlikely that the Thai police told them everything, anyway. I'm sure they would be none too happy about many people trampling the crime scene, for example.

As you say, it is definitely possible that they are the real killers.

But, if they were the real killers then why would:-

1)a duo of mafia and police a week later want to hang a Scottish backpacker to frame for the murder.

2)after being tortured to confess for the murder, the RTP could not get the B2 to tell them what murder weapon was used on the male victim that made the inch long puncture marks. It was not the hoe which the Burmese used in the reenactment. Remember there was none of the male victims dna on the hoe.

3)ccvtv from nearby business disappeared or were tampered with.

4)a local taxi driver get beaten and forced to accept the 700k baht reward to give false witness info.

5)even though there is an RTP claimed perfect dna match with the 2B the case keeps getting sent back by prosecutors as it is still incomplete.

6)thanks to local info, suspects were quickly found and matched to the cctv of running man. Then suddenly, chief of police was removed from the case, and the 2B that had already cleared the dna test were hauled in again and found to have a dna match. Really?

7)history of violent/sex crimes in the same vicinity. Murder of male UK victim recently saw his family threatened, forced to leave Koh Tao and accept that their sons killing was due to falling down a cliff face while asleep in bed(his father took him to bed that evening). Why?

8)Head of Thai police recently splurged about 400 million baht on shares in the SET(ending up as single largest shareholder in the Nation newspaper group). On a policemans salary? Just now, interesting timing.

9) alibi of social media faourite suspect is flimsy at best, but police refuse to investigate further.

10) DNA results of above were not shared with UK observing police.

11)shocking history of police corruption, and finding scapegoats when the perpetrators are police or influential.

I could go on, but you can perhaps start to see the reason that some TVF members seem to have doubts about the Burmese's guilt.

Good summary, thanks. You could have put in more contradictory police statements endorsed from the very top, misinformation about DNA testing Singapore and obfuscations, etc etc.

8) Very interesting! Do you mean Pm`s hand picked appointee Police Commissioner General Somyot is now largest share holder of the Nation? Or his boss, Supreme Commander of Police Dept, ie the good PM? Can you give me a link. Thanks

Good summary, thanks. You could have put in more contradictory police statements endorsed from the very top, misinformation about DNA testing Singapore and obfuscations, etc etc.

8) Very interesting! Do you mean Pm`s hand picked appointee Police Commissioner General Somyot is now largest share holder of the Nation? Or his boss, Supreme Commander of Police Dept, ie the good PM? Can you give me a link. Thanks

http://www.settrade.com/simsImg/news/2014/14067082.pdf

I saw an interview with the mother of this boy who died on koh tao, she said she was told he had fallen from his hillside villa down the rocks and drowned in the sea, when she went to identify the body she said there wasn't a mark on his face which she found very strange as he had fallen down the rocks.

Yes I read about this also, you fall 50 feet and no broken bones ? something is very wrong on this island and the cover up continues . how can you catch the killers when the investigation is so poorly done.

Did anyone hear about the owner of Monkey Sea Food getting gunned down the other night ? on Angsila road in Bang Saen , just after closing

WOW, Just WOW

I wished I had studied harder and become a Police Man in Thailand.

Why has the Thai press not picked up on this, the Thai People should be aware of this transaction.

I think they are drawing things out as long as possible, just in case the UK coppers do have information which poo poo's the whole case.

Sure the RTP apologists on TV will be breaking out the champagne today and along shortly to comment and gloat

"Should be satisfied" ?........you mean the UK coppers never gave feedback to anyone in Thailand before they left Thailand ?...that is strange

But understandable they don't like to be the next defaming case. whistling.gif

80% complete and they are ready to indict.

Before, the case was "perfect."

What is the English word which could be used above "perfect?"

above "perfect".....how about a water tight setup`? or a fool proof alibi, or a good set up? I do not know... Perfect is something that is man made to produce results. Conclusive would be the word that is based on facts and justice.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think they are drawing things out as long as possible, just in case the UK coppers do have information which poo poo's the whole case.

Sure the RTP apologists on TV will be breaking out the champagne today and along shortly to comment and gloat

"Should be satisfied" ?........you mean the UK coppers never gave feedback to anyone in Thailand before they left Thailand ?...that is strange

I think you can be certain that their report will be submitted to their superiors in UK, and from there the diplomatic chain will take over.

Especially points of criticism, which I assume will need diplomatic intervention or rewording..............................wink.png

• Like 1

Yes indeed very interesting, but WAT has got nothing to do with The Nation, which is known as NMG on the SET!!

NMG (Nation Media Group)

• Like 1

Brilliant. Love how Mr Somyot`s occupation is listed as Civil Servant and Private Investor.

The Thais are desperately hoping this story gets out of the headlines so that they can find a rug and a broom to sweep it away.

When I read this, can't help thinking about all the other cases like this one whereby police and/or "influential" persons have murdered others, and done exactly like you said, find scapegoats ,obfuscate, waste time, wait for it all to go away- and it will. KJ in CM, Blue Diamond, the Brit couple in Kanchanaburi (although the murdering policeman was arrested in this rare case).Red Bull, LDP in Pai, the list goes on and on and on. Similarities with the KJ investigation are uncanny with the blatant attempt to falsify the DNA evidence(which apparently has become standard operating procedure after the KJ investigation was successfully FUBAR'ed)

The sad reality is that this case will go exactly the same way. 20 yrs down the road, identity of real killers will be publicly known and easy to find with a google search, but case will be closed or uninvestigated. Only chance of justice here for the KT serial murders will be vigilante justice, might not be such a long wait.

The Brit Couple in Kanchanaburi (although the murdering policeman was arrested in this rare case.) Only error here is that the subject policeman is now a high ranking office in the police force. Go figure?

WOW, Just WOW

I wished I had studied harder and become a Police Man in Thailand.

Why has the Thai press not picked up on this, the Thai People should be aware of this transaction.

This is common knowledge, but as we all are aware of, there are no investigative journalists in this country!

So we can assume, the murders were a major inconvenience for the Chief on his merry way to the laundromat!!

I believe the prosecutor will indict the B2 because it's already been decided. There could be a succession of 'eye-witnesses' to state they saw the B2 on the beach, and more (drunk, high on drugs, making a nuisance of themselves, whatever). Actually I wouldn't be surprised if members of the headman's family are on this witness list. That could completely seal up the case. And nobody would do a damn thing to stop it happening.

Worrying, eh?

• Like 1