Koh Tao suspects to be indicted by end of month

Lite Beer

Good summary, thanks. You could have put in more contradictory police statements endorsed from the very top, misinformation about DNA testing Singapore and obfuscations, etc etc.

8) Very interesting! Do you mean Pm`s hand picked appointee Police Commissioner General Somyot is now largest share holder of the Nation? Or his boss, Supreme Commander of Police Dept, ie the good PM? Can you give me a link. Thanks

http://www.settrade.com/simsImg/news/2014/14067082.pdf

Yes indeed very interesting, but WAT has got nothing to do with The Nation, which is known as NMG on the SET!!

NMG (Nation Media Group)

Hold on, Wattana Capital now own a large hunk of NWG. Despite the fact that Wattanas stated primary business is real estate investment. Looks like they are spreading into media for their major shareholder Mr Somyot and others. Therefore WAT has a LOT to do with the NATION.

Edited by heyexile

Obviously they know they have to accept the case before the 84 day period for holding the suspects on remand expires, due to political pressure from on high, but seem extremely reluctant.

He went on to say that British police had visited the crime scene and that they should be satisfied with the procedure followed as per the Thai justice system.

This is a different interpretation of the plods' reactions than the implausible comments we heard earlier suggesting that they were almost in raptures about how the Thai police had conducted the investigation and would have done things in exactly the same way themselves. This one sounds more like the plods have said they understand that the RTP are able to get away with what they have done in what passes for the Thai justice system - the best justice money can buy.

Edited by Dogmatix

80% complete and they are ready to indict.

Before, the case was "perfect."

What is the English word which could be used above "perfect?"

'veryperfect' krub ?

Edited by Yann55

So why haven't the British police given any statements, or have i missed em ? This case, for 99.9% of people, is a stick up, setup, call it want you want... Being so, wheres the British police outcome ?

You can ask them under the freedom of information act via this website, will be better then emailing them.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

Good summary, thanks. You could have put in more contradictory police statements endorsed from the very top, misinformation about DNA testing Singapore and obfuscations, etc etc.

8) Very interesting! Do you mean Pm`s hand picked appointee Police Commissioner General Somyot is now largest share holder of the Nation? Or his boss, Supreme Commander of Police Dept, ie the good PM? Can you give me a link. Thanks

http://www.settrade.com/simsImg/news/2014/14067082.pdf

Yes indeed very interesting, but WAT has got nothing to do with The Nation, which is known as NMG on the SET!!

NMG (Nation Media Group)

Hold on, Wattana Capital now own a large hunk of NWG. Despite the fact that Wattanas stated primary business is real estate investment. Looks like they are spreading into media for their major shareholder Mr Somyot and others. Therefore WAT has a LOT to do with the NATION.

Watana Capital, of which the police chief became the largest single shareholder last month following a B360 million combined subscription with his daughter to a private placement, acquired 7.5% of NMG in September for B400 million from MBK. So WAT is now the third largest shareholder of NMG. From a glance at its financial statements, WAT's core business was previously selling small real estate projects for least than construction cost. But the recent and still ongoing capital raising activities that have already been announced will raise the paid-up share capital by about 4 times. So perhaps they will go in a new direction after recapitalisation. However, others have tried and failed to take control of The Nation in the past and it is not currently in financial difficulties which would make it vulnerable. The acquisition of NMG shares may just have been opportunistic, hoping to flip for a profit but we must wait and see. Dow Jones owns 7.2% which they might be willing to sell at the right price which would make WAT the largest shareholder if they could get those. Anyway it is certainly not worth holding it long term as a passive shareholder as the dividends are poor, much less than the cost of funds needed to hold the stock. Shares in WAT are up 67% in the month since the placement, so that has so far a good investment.

• Like 2

I saw an interview with the mother of this boy who died on koh tao, she said she was told he had fallen from his hillside villa down the rocks and drowned in the sea, when she went to identify the body she said there wasn't a mark on his face which she found very strange as he had fallen down the rocks.

Yes I read about this also, you fall 50 feet and no broken bones ? something is very wrong on this island and the cover up continues . how can you catch the killers when the investigation is so poorly done.

Did anyone hear about the owner of Monkey Sea Food getting gunned down the other night ? on Angsila road in Bang Saen , just after closing

That Samui article left out an interesting line from the original paper:

"She added: “The Police didn’t look at his room or the area where he was found. There was no attempt to investigate."

"They spent most of their time laughing and joking as we asked questions.” wai2.gifwai.gif

And more was omitted;

"Tracy said her son Matt was warned there are “powerful people on the island”, and that the family should leave rather than stirring up trouble."

"They also heard other holidaymakers had died on the island and their bodies “thrown into the water in the hope they’d be washed away”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-death-parents-convinced-4410135

Sure would nice if Aung San Suu Kyi issued a statement about this worded in a humane way/style as only she can do.

Maybe the Aung San Suu Kyi of Thailand, Dear Yingluck could do the same...rolleyes.gif

you're calling YL the ASSK of thailand is at minimum entertaining and more realistically hysterical.

YL is hardly anything remotely similar to ASSK in any language.

So why haven't the British police given any statements, or have i missed em ? This case, for 99.9% of people, is a stick up, setup, call it want you want... Being so, wheres the British police outcome ?

Unlike the Thai police the British police won't just come out say "stuff". The outcome will come out in time but first they will report to their governor who will then go to the home office. After that it's in the diplomatic channels. From there who knows, will they call the ambassador in London for a cup 'o tea and make formal complaints? One thing is for sure, it won't be announced in public until it's gone through the diplomatic route first and then it probably won't be the police that make any statements

More positive spin by a Thai speaking on behalf of others with the comment " British police should be satisfied with the procedure followed as per the Thai justice system " !

Yes they might be ' satisfied ' that's how the Thais do it but satisfied it was done properly is another story entirely.

Did you miss the "should be"?

You can ask them under the freedom of information act via this website, will be better then emailing them.

There is absolutely no reason to expect that any report currently exists. When one does I expect it to fall completely under the mandate of the UK police in Thailand. Observers.

I would expect any report to say. There were problems with the initial investigation, the police made too many public statements, and finally, the concerns regarding torture of the suspects is rational but there's no proof that it did happen.

• Like 1

So that's it? The case that got world wide attention is done? I am starting to believe the BIB <deleted> is wrong with me

I think you have been brain washed and subjected to mind control by TV's very own RTP Glee club...

very very wrong

There is absolutely no reason to expect that any report currently exists. When one does I expect it to fall completely under the mandate of the UK police in Thailand. Observers.

I would expect any report to say. There were problems with the initial investigation, the police made too many public statements, and finally, the concerns regarding torture of the suspects is rational but there's no proof that it did happen.

The 'observation' would have progress reports, maybe initial findings - that would be normal, IMO. But not for the public domain. Any 'official' report would depend on the parameters set by the FCO/SY - and would be regarded as confidential prior to the coroner's inquest in January. Any ongoing concerns would need evidence to support the findings - it seems unlikely that allegations of torture could be substantiated unless there were eye-witnesses/photos. There could be evidence to support other allegations but, if so, it would probably be discussed at Embassy level, not with the likes of social media..

• Like 1

I think they are drawing things out as long as possible, just in case the UK coppers do have information which poo poo's the whole case.

Sure the RTP apologists on TV will be breaking out the champagne today and along shortly to comment and gloat

He went on to say that British police had visited the crime scene and that they should be satisfied with the procedure followed as per the Thai justice system.

"Should be satisfied" ?........you mean the UK coppers never gave feedback to anyone in Thailand before they left Thailand ?...that is strange

Yep. They came. They looked. They left.

One hundred thousand signatures.

Thousands of people calling for help.

That's what people get.

the concerns regarding torture of the suspects is rational but there's no proof that it did happen.

There is no proof it didn't happen, and before your say it, not the x-rays...rolleyes.gif

I believe petrol poured onto a person with the promise of lighting it doesn't show on an x-ray and neither does putting a plastic bag over someones head trying to suffocate them...wink.png

• Like 1

the concerns regarding torture of the suspects is rational but there's no proof that it did happen.

There is no proof it didn't happen, and before your say it, not the x-rays...rolleyes.gif

I believe petrol poured onto a person with the promise of lighting it doesn't show on an x-ray and neither does putting a plastic bag over someones head trying to suffocate them...wink.png

You cut off enough of my post to alter the meaning.

Petechial hemorrhage of the eyes doesn't go away quickly and can be observed.

Edited by jdinasia
  • Like 1

You would not expect to see in this report, how these suspects were brought to a "safe house" not a police station to be interrogated, with no legal counsel?

NMG (Nation Media Group)

Watana Capital, of which the police chief became the largest single shareholder last month following a B360 million combined subscription with his daughter to a private placement, acquired 7.5% of NMG in September for B400 million from MBK. So WAT is now the third largest shareholder of NMG. From a glance at its financial statements, WAT's core business was previously selling small real estate projects for least than construction cost. But the recent and still ongoing capital raising activities that have already been announced will raise the paid-up share capital by about 4 times. So perhaps they will go in a new direction after recapitalisation. However, others have tried and failed to take control of The Nation in the past and it is not currently in financial difficulties which would make it vulnerable. The acquisition of NMG shares may just have been opportunistic, hoping to flip for a profit but we must wait and see. Dow Jones owns 7.2% which they might be willing to sell at the right price which would make WAT the largest shareholder if they could get those. Anyway it is certainly not worth holding it long term as a passive shareholder as the dividends are poor, much less than the cost of funds needed to hold the stock. Shares in WAT are up 67% in the month since the placement, so that has so far a good investment.

Thanks for the investment advice. If I had not lost all my capital in TH, I`d know where to come!

So fact is WAT is 3rd largest investor in NWG (Nation) and Police Commissioner General Somyot is the largest investor in WAT. As well as being a perfect choice as top cop as evidenced by his perfect and complete handling of KT investigation, he must have been an astute investor for some time to become single largest investor in WAT. Thanks for info and we can all draw conclusions as to motives.

I think they are drawing things out as long as possible, just in case the UK coppers do have information which poo poo's the whole case.

Sure the RTP apologists on TV will be breaking out the champagne today and along shortly to comment and gloat

"Should be satisfied" ?........you mean the UK coppers never gave feedback to anyone in Thailand before they left Thailand ?...that is strange

Yep. They came. They looked. They left.

One hundred thousand signatures.

Thousands of people calling for help.

That's what people get.

Be patient, they are not the BIB. This is not over by a long shot

Are the British police still in Thailand, or have they returned back to the UK? because I have not heard anything from them at all regarding this case?

Naaa thats just a Thai talking BS for farang again. and was really talking about the British police being satisfied the procedure followed as per the thai justice system .... meaning a totally messed up/corrupted case by the RTP is not unusual and following procedure.

You would not expect to see in this report, how these suspects were brought to a "safe house" not a police station to be interrogated, with no legal counsel?

There is no police station on Koh Tao