Knowledge Centre opens in Phuket

Lite Beer

Knowledge Centre opens in Phuket

The Phuket News

1415425931_1-org.jpg

Ferrari dreams: A young boy is totally absorbed in play at the new toy library.

PHUKET: The country’s 15th Knowledge Centre was opened on Friday (November 7) in Phuket, in the Kaeha Rassada Credit Union building close to Koh Sirae.

The centre has an extensive library and offers classes in history, geography, philosophy, languages, science and technology and arts.

The Phuket centre and others also act as a network for people with similar interests to share information and knowledge

The opening, performed by Vic-Governor Jamroen Tippayapongthada, also included the inauguration of the Phuket Community Foundation’s seventh toy library, open to all children.

The aim of the toy libraries is to give children from poor families access to toys to stimulate their imagination and also to develop their social skills through meeting and playing with other children.

More details of the Knowledge Centre project can be seen here (Thai only). The Phuket Community Foundation website is here.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/knowledge-centre-opens-in-phuket-49546.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-08

• Like 1

So the kids advance their general knowledge of all sorts of issues, then go to a regular school and are taught by teachers who know Jack and who tell them "i am your teacher and I am always right. Do not question me."

They pound the children into dull apathy and a distaste for creative thinking, worse than anything Pink Floyd could have conceived in The Wall.

• Like 2