PHUKET: Double trouble for illegal Kyrgyz tour guide

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I want to add something : Frankly I find that entrapment method shocking and despicable.

If they were that good and righteous, the one thing to do was tell the guy 'get lost, we don't want your bribe'. But no, they had to trick him into this scenario so that they could reap both the glory and the money (most probably) alt=sick.gif> It's just like charity, the truly charitable people are not the ones who clamour urbi et orbi how much money they gave to this and that Foundation.

It takes two to tango. If the guy offered a bribe, it's because he knew that it's common practise. And why is it common practise ? Because these righteous gentlemen in brown do take bribes. Small, medium and large. All the time. From everyone. In all kinds of situations. I bet they would have taken the money from a Thai, but given the present atmosphere a farang is a liability because he could boast about it. This really stinks.

Again : alt=sick.gif> , alt=sick.gif> and alt=sick.gif>

You started off good Yan55 and then it fell away from you. Couple of things I noticed:

"it's because he knew that it's common practice" - Actually need to change 'knew' to 'thought'

"Because these righteous gentlemen in brown do take bribes" - Not so in this case.

"All the time" - Not so in this case.

"From everyone" - Not so in this case.

I do know where you are coming from though. Yet another problem the police have, trying to do their jobs or taking backhanders. Doesn't matter really to the masses which way they go, they will always be wrong.

Rock and a hard place, eh?.....................................wink.png

• Like 1