Navy ship evacuates injured Dutch tourist from Koh Tao

Lite Beer

Navy ship evacuates injured Dutch tourist from Koh Tao

A Navy ship evacuated an injured Dutch tourist from Koh Tao to the better-equipped Koh Samui Hospital at 1 am.

The tourist, Rober Terhorse, 46, fell from the second floor of a guesthouse Saturday evening.

Because of heavy rains and rough sea, local people could not ferry the tourist with a small boat and needed to call for help from the Songkhla Navy base.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Navy-ship-evacuates-injured-Dutch-tourists-from-Ko-30247336.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-09

Can only get so drunk and even if so drunk you cant walk,would still be a challenge to get over the railing

why they keep falling in thailand got me beat??

Thailand's railings are often only 70-80 cm high.

It' easy to fall over.

check some old buildings. The newer buildings have usually higher railings.

Also I've seen balconys and / or balcony railings faling apart.

Thailand's railings are often only 70-80 cm high.

I've inspected a condo on the 29th floor and found the railing on the balcony measured a shockingly 85cm in height. In most places around the word this would been 115 cm minimum.

Well done to the Navy for getting the man to hospital.

• Like 1

pushed?

Do YOU have any idea?

If you don't know why do you speculate or guess?

My response to the OP was a good well done to the Thai Navy

Maybe he is just stupid or just wants some attention, whatever it is you have to feel sorry for that person, they are obviously not of sound mind.

• Like 1

You would think these guys got no high rise buildings over 2 story in their own country.

ive lived in high rise and many house with many level for 40 year been blind drunk many times

Can only get so drunk and even if so drunk you cant walk,would still be a challenge to get over the railing

It's not just in Thailand. I fell off of a balcony in Benidorm when I was on holiday with a bunch of mates just after leaving school. It was a second floor balcony too. Luckily the ground broke my fall.

Edited by Alwyn

You would think these guys got no high rise buildings over 2 story in their own country.

ive lived in high rise and many house with many level for 40 year been blind drunk many times

It's not just in Thailand. I fell off of a balcony in Benidorm when I was on holiday with a bunch of mates just after leaving school. It was a second floor balcony too. Luckily the ground broke my fall.

" Luckily the ground broke my fall." ? No brain damage then!

• Like 1

Ha ha!! It was a quote from a Spike Milligan book called "Puckoon". I fell into a bunch of bushes that softened the blow somewhat, plus when you're just 18 years old these falls, bumps and bruises are not so harsh!

• Like 2

Ha ha!! It was a quote from a Spike Milligan book called "Puckoon". I fell into a bunch of bushes that softened the blow somewhat, plus when you're just 18 years old these falls, bumps and bruises are not so harsh!

It's not the fall that hurts/kills you, it's the hitting the ground!"

• Like 1

pushed?

I find that posts such as these are speculative and add nothing to the discussion.

Disinformation and negative posts are often the fueled by an unhappy and disillusioned mind. This combination often makes it difficult to differentiate between the imagined and reality.

Glad the Navy could help and best wishes to the injured person.

I expect the landing knocked some sense into him

I expect the landing knocked some sense into him

nah, I was only 18, far too young for anything to knock sense into me (although I never fell off of another balcony!)