New Hosting Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 19:03

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaitlinHappyMeal

Which bank atm has the largest withdrawal amount

Hi sorry if this question has been asked before, I did do a search but man hanged on hotel room came up as a possible answer ?? Anyway my limit in the UK is £500 so I'm looking for an atm that will allow me to withdraw 26,000b? Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Caitlin

There are ATMs that allow 30000. E.g. at Krungsri Bank.

Most can give only 20000, Bangkok Bank 25000.

Thats the technical limit (max. no of notes * 1000 Baht).

Card limits might be lower. Different topic.

Be careful not to use DCC (dynamic currency conversion).

Meaning that the ATM will show you a £ (GPB) amount and asks for confirmation.

Never do that. Very bad exchange rate.

Always select to be charged in Thai Baht otherwise cancel.

Many threads about this topic.

The last one seems to be this one:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/756213-maximum-atm-withdrawl/

All Thai ATMS are capped at 20 000 baht per time. So if your limit is ok overseas, you could withdrawal 20k multiple times.

All Thai ATMS are capped at 20 000 baht per time. So if your limit is ok overseas, you could withdrawal 20k multiple times.

Wrong as wrong can be!

Utter nonsense would be the better wording.

25000 Baht is my usual withdrawal at Bangkok Bank where I have an account,

More hints in the other thread.

Kasikorn: 20 notes at a time, multiple times a day. How many times a day? I don't know, at least the 60 K that i needed ...

No cigar Donald Trump..

some are 20k, some are 25k and Aeon used to be 30k until Fers lowered the maximum..wink.png

Here is the answer for the OP...walk into the branch with your ATM card and passport and draw the 26k over the counter..wink.png

WRONG INFORMATION !!!!!

THB, Yellow Bank and some others will give 30,000

Krungsri Bank and Thai Military Bank (TMB) provide up to Bt30K transactions as that is the ones I been using for the last few months when using my foreign Visa cards. Using my Visa cards the Krungsri fee is Bt180 and the TMB fee Bt150. There are several other Thai banks as mentioned in this thread and others that also provide up to Bt30K....then there are some that are Bt25K and some at Bt20K.

Here is the answer for the OP...walk into the branch with your ATM card and passport and draw the 26k over the counter..wink.png

I never tried it, but I suspect it will involve additional fees at your home bank (comparable to credit card payment for goods and services).

I have a credit card which does not involve fees for ATM transactions (at the home bank), but 1.75% for other use.

Use of a person's foreign ATM/debit card to accomplish a counter withdrawal will be met with different levels of success depending on the bank branch. Some branches will accept debit cards to accomplish a counter withdrawal and some will not. Some will just point you to their ATM. And some branches will not do a counter withdrawal for a debit card but will for a credit card. The Thai bank will not charge a fee and you will get the Visa/Mastercard exchange rate, but of course if your card-issuing bank applies a foreign transaction fee and/or cash advance fee on a credit card your card-issuing bank will hit you with those fees....don't blame the Thai bank or Visa for that...blame your card-issuing bank.

I regularly do cash advances using my no foreign transaction fee and no cash advance fee credit card....and then come home after getting the cash advance, log onto my credit card account and do a payment in full to avoid any interest charges since interest charges start immediately upon obtaining a cash advance when using a credit card. Now this same branch will not do a cash advance for a debit card...I have several no foreign transaction fee cards and would use them but as mentioned the branch I use won't do counter withdrawals for debit cards.

Krungsri Bank and Thai Military Bank (TMB) provide up to Bt30K transactions as that is the ones I been using for the last few months when using my foreign Visa cards. Using my Visa cards the Krungsri fee is Bt180 and the TMB fee Bt150. There are several other Thai banks as mentioned in this thread and others that also provide up to Bt30K....then there are some that are Bt25K and some at Bt20K.

TMB, Krungsri/Ayudhya (the yellow bank), and CIMB all seem to be in the 30K ATM club.

The advantage of TMB ATMs is their Thai withdrawal fee for VISA debit cards is only 150 baht, not the 180 baht charged by Krungsri/Ayudhya.