Which bank atm has the largest withdrawal amount

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always withdraw my full daily limit, which is a bit over 1000 USD, at Cititbank Asok in one transaction.

Curryently it is 33 kBaht. But it used to be 37 kBaht a few months ago.

I have never reached the limit of Citibank. So I can't say for sure, what is their maximum amount of bills in one transaction. But obviously it is higher than 30 bills!

Some banks limts at 20k baht, some like Bangkok Bank at 25k baht - there may be banks I don't know of with higer limites - however you can make multiple withdraws until you card limit. Thai bank ATMs may default allow up to 20k/25k, but you can have the limit changed in your bank till for example up to 100k per day.

Krungsri Bank and Thai Military Bank (TMB) provide up to Bt30K transactions as that is the ones I been using for the last few months when using my foreign Visa cards. Using my Visa cards the Krungsri fee is Bt180 and the TMB fee Bt150. There are several other Thai banks as mentioned in this thread and others that also provide up to Bt30K....then there are some that are Bt25K and some at Bt20K.

TMB, Krungsri/Ayudhya (the yellow bank), and CIMB all seem to be in the 30K ATM club.

The advantage of TMB ATMs is their Thai withdrawal fee for VISA debit cards is only 150 baht, not the 180 baht charged by Krungsri/Ayudhya.

Some of the posters here obviously aren't reading the earlier info in this thread. Please see above!!!

Here is the answer for the OP...walk into the branch with your ATM card and passport and draw the 26k over the counter..wink.png

Why do you want to make things so fast and easy ?? You take away all the fun of the b/m with their many ideas and opinions...ha ha ha

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Krungsri Bank and Thai Military Bank (TMB) provide up to Bt30K transactions as that is the ones I been using for the last few months when using my foreign Visa cards. Using my Visa cards the Krungsri fee is Bt180 and the TMB fee Bt150. There are several other Thai banks as mentioned in this thread and others that also provide up to Bt30K....then there are some that are Bt25K and some at Bt20K.

TMB, Krungsri/Ayudhya (the yellow bank), and CIMB all seem to be in the 30K ATM club.

The advantage of TMB ATMs is their Thai withdrawal fee for VISA debit cards is only 150 baht, not the 180 baht charged by Krungsri/Ayudhya.

With Mastercard that is 180 THB .

With Master card that is 180 THB :: AEON :: 150 THB . all others 180 THB with Master card . . .

All Thai ATMS are capped at 20 000 baht per time. So if your limit is ok overseas, you could withdrawal 20k multiple times.

Wrong as wrong can be!

Utter nonsense would be the better wording.

25000 Baht is my usual withdrawal at Bangkok Bank where I have an account,

More hints in the other thread.

Before you tell someone that they are writing utter nonsense and are as wrong as wrong can be, check. I have accounts with Krung Thai and can take multiples of $20,000. I may depend on how much you have in your account and how much limit you have set with your bank. If BKK gives B25,000 so be it, there is no need to be impolite, so unless you have knowledge of all banks, please do not go off half cocked.

All Thai ATMS are capped at 20 000 baht per time. So if your limit is ok overseas, you could withdrawal 20k multiple times.

Wrong as wrong can be!

Before you tell someone that they are writing utter nonsense and are as wrong as wrong can be, check. I have accounts with Krung Thai and can take multiples of $20,000. I may depend on how much you have in your account and how much limit you have set with your bank. If BKK gives B25,000 so be it, there is no need to be impolite, so unless you have knowledge of all banks, please do not go off half cocked.

Er Baa Mango was writing nonsense by saying this " All Thai ATMS are capped at 20 000 baht per time" which is not factually true, and one suggests you read the whole thread, its not about your own bank limits or how much one has in an account, its to with the maximum amount one can withdraw from a Thai ATM on a single ATM transaction...so one could say the same to you...please don't go off half cocked...thumbsup.gif

First check with your bank. Mine limits me to 600 usd per day...so it is impossible for me to withdraw more than 18000 (sometimes more or less). Well ..that is my problem. Four years ago, my other bank allowed me to draw more...and Bank of Bangkok allowed 25000 baht.

Going inside the bank and asking at the counter is of no help (in my case). Still limited to 600 USD.

However...good news. I use XE and can get 3000 USD, in baht. (more, if I want). I do that online and cost 21 USD. Effectively, less than going to an ATM several times, in order to accumulate that amount.

Cannot beat the system, but can get a better deal, by planning ahead. It takes 10 days to get money from XE.

Wonderful confusion about this topic every time it comes up :)

I'll post in a couple of days when I use the ATM with my VISA CREDIT card. It was 150 Baht for 30,000 Baht limit a couple of months ago at TMB.

Watch this space

Hi,,just to clarify I did actually say in my original post that it was for a uk card, not sure why people would think it was for a local account? And I did just want to know the limit for 1 withdrawal and not how many I could make to make up my personal daily limit. Thanks to all of you that came up with sound advise and facts, it has helped me no end ?

Wonderful confusion about this topic every time it comes up smile.png

I'll post in a couple of days when I use the ATM with my VISA CREDIT card. It was 150 Baht for 30,000 Baht limit a couple of months ago at TMB.

Watch this space

Not now, it's not. Only bank still charging B150 is BBL, whose FX rate is also, as a rule, the best.

Hi,,just to clarify I did actually say in my original post that it was for a uk card, not sure why people would think it was for a local account? And I did just want to know the limit for 1 withdrawal and not how many I could make to make up my personal daily limit. Thanks to all of you that came up with sound advise and facts, it has helped me no end ?

No worries, take care. Stop on by in a few days time, say hello. We'll still here, page 5 by then I reckon. biggrin.png

Watch this space

Not now, it's not. Only bank still charging B150 is BBL, whose FX rate is also, as a rule, the best.

Regarding TMB, I withdrew funds from one of their ATMs at the beginning of this month (Nov.) with a VISA debit card -- as I do pretty much every month -- and their ATM charge 11 days ago was the same 150 baht it's been for ages. And I haven't seen any posts here in the past two weeks saying they'd changed.

TMB may have the higher 180 baht fee for MasterCards that many of the other Thai banks have begun charging, but I can't say for sure, since I never withdraw with MasterCards because of their generally lower exchange rate compared to VISA cards.

Lastly, with few rare exceptions, the Thai banks don't set their own individual exchange rates for ATM withdrawals, unlike currency booth exchanges where they do set individual rates.

Again, with few exceptions involving something called Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), the rate you'll get withdrawing from a Thai ATM is the rate set by your card's network (VISA or MC) minus any fees charged by your card-issuing bank (and the 150 or 180 baht Thai bank ATM fee).

Watch this space

What's the BBL ? What card were you using ?

Watch this space

Regarding TMB, I withdrew funds from one of their ATMs at the beginning of this month (Nov.) with a VISA debit card -- as I do pretty much every month -- and their ATM charge 11 days ago was the same 150 baht it's been for ages. And I haven't seen any posts here in the past two weeks saying they'd changed.

TMB may have the higher 180 baht fee for MasterCards that many of the other Thai banks have begun charging, but I can't say for sure, since I never withdraw with MasterCards because of their generally lower exchange rate compared to VISA cards.

Lastly, with few rare exceptions, the Thai banks don't set their own individual exchange rates for ATM withdrawals, unlike currency booth exchanges where they do set individual rates.

Again, with few exceptions involving something called Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), the rate you'll get withdrawing from a Thai ATM is the rate set by your card's network (VISA or MC) minus any fees charged by your card-issuing bank (and the 150 or 180 baht Thai bank ATM fee).

Yep -- we've been here before ;) I'll check TMB maybe tomorrow with my Visa credit card and report....

TMB is now 180 THB foreign card fee in their new machines. If you should find an older machine it will only be 150 THB. It appears that they are upping the fee as they roll out new machines

In Pattaya I used the TMB machine at Tesco on Suk yesterday and was charged 180 THB, three days earlier I used an older machine and was only charged 150 THB, in both cases the same card was used

Fortunately they all still dispense 30,000 THB and that amount is one of the "fast" cash options

Would be interested to find out if the "other amount" option would dispense more than 30K, since my bank limit is US $1,000, so I can't try it myself

LSM, are you talking about using a VISA or MC logo card in your case?

The normal TMB ATM I've generally used is a newer one in a mall. So IF TMB has made some change to 180 baht regarding the fee for VISA logo cards (which are the ones I use), it's one they've implemented since the start of the month, since I got the 150 baht fee last time I withdrew at that point.

Wrong as wrong can be!

Bangkok Bank will allow Thb40k/day. Only niggle is there is a max withdrawal limit of 25K per pull. So withdraw 25K and immediately follow with a 15K withdrawal. Otherwise go into any branch and withdraw as much as you need over the counter, but have your passport.

Bangkok Bank will allow Thb40k/day. Only niggle is there is a max withdrawal limit of 25K per pull. So withdraw 25K and immediately follow with a 15K withdrawal. Otherwise go into any branch and withdraw as much as you need over the counter, but have your passport.

The point is, most people don't want to be doing repeat or multiple pulls from a Thai bank ATM using a foreign bank card.

With a 180 or 150 baht Thai bank fee every time you withdraw with a foreign card, the fee dollars will tend to add up.

Plus, even for folks like Pib and myself who only use U.S. bank cards that reimburse foreign ATM fees, our sense of thrift means we don't want to be incurring unnecessary bank fees, even if someone else (like our home country banks) are footing the bill.

The 30,000 baht per ATM withdrawal limit currently used by TMB, Ayudhya and CIMB is nice because it roughly matches with having a $1,000 daily withdrawal limit on the card itself, which about the highest most U.S. debit cards go for ATM withdrawals. Many are less at $300 to $500 per day.

And separately, Pib is correct.... When using a BKK Bank debit card, BKK Bank will allow crazy large sums to be withdrawn per day from your account. I believe 50K is the default daily amount, and can be increased in your account settings to, I believe, up to 250K per day. But again, that's a BKK Bank card attached to a BKK Bank account -- totally different than home country bank cards/accounts.

Off topic, but better still, use my Bangkok Bank debit Visa for overseas ATM withdrawals. Only Thb100 charge from BBK, no overseas ATM charges and get pretty well spot exchange rate.

Last time I checked, BKK Bank also charges a 2% or so foreign currency fee when their card is used for transactions outside Thailand.

For a Bangkok Bank debit card foriegn withdrawal it's a flat Bt100 fee plus any local a ATM fee. For a Bangkok Bank credit card there is an up to 2.5% foreign fee. Expect when using the debit card for a purchase the 2.5% fee applies but not the Bt100 flat fee when used for cash.

Archived