Tim 'Sharky' Ward confronts Pattaya Police over allegations of theft

webfact

One of the links suggest he has a net worth of 100mil$, so a mil baht sat around at home is probably like having 2-3 crisp 1000 bht bills for most Thai visa posters

Fortunately everything on the internet is accurate and it's very possible for a small time Kiwi thug to accumulate $100mil by beating up old ladies who don't pay back loans.

• Like 2

People keep on asking who has 1 kg of gold in their house. This guy does, go check out his facebook page Tim Sharky or Tim Ward, he has two fb pages. You will see the size of gold necklaces and bracelets he wears, its massive. He has a necklace that is 2 kg alone.

Edited by petercool
unauthorised blog link deleted

1m Baht, enought to pat cash for a new Toyota Hilux. 1kg of Gold, the market is on a 40 year cycle getting ready to go up by many times if the world's gold investors are right. Physical gold or assets in general are normally in safe hands with this guy. The cops robbing him is not polite to say the least. He has enough other assets backing him to make anyones life miserable, or shorter if need be. What is standard operating procedure in elite circles in Thailand includes anyone that can afford to live in such circles.

1m Baht, enought to pat cash for a new Toyota Hilux. 1kg of Gold, the market is on a 40 year cycle getting ready to go up by many times if the world's gold investors are right. Physical gold or assets in general are normally in safe hands with this guy. The cops robbing him is not polite to say the least. He has enough other assets backing him to make anyones life miserable, or shorter if need be. What is standard operating procedure in elite circles in Thailand includes anyone that can afford to live in such circles.

I just read his account of what went down.... who knows if it is true or not? I think it was combined cash and gold..... I would say Madam has 600 or 700k in gold at home (albeit most of it in a safe) depending on the price at the time, in jewelry.... I am not all surprised that someone could easily have that amount of cash and jewelry in their place...

But what he said was this " After 2 hours of being held against my will I was free to return home. The end result, well over 1 million Baht of currency and gold gone. Stolen!"

I would not bring that kind of money into Thailand ever.

Not when I can keep an ATM card and credit cards and have access to whatever cash I need, which is kept safely in a US Bank until such time its needed.

... which is kept safely in a US Bank...

You made my day, that's a really good one...

Fatfather

Of course you wouldn't bring that sort of money into Thailand. You have to have it first to bring it here.

Makes me proud to be an Aussie

Sharky is a Kiwi.

Timothy John Ward was born in 1965 in Waitara, Taranaki, New Zealand, and is better known as Tim Sharky. A lone wolf from the outset, Tim was given up for adoption at birth, and after a misspent youth, he moved to Australia to make a new life for himself in 1990.

Edited by petercool
unauthorised blog link deleted
  • Like 1

Why keep that large amount of cash and gold at home when you can keep it in a safety deposit box at your bank if you don't want to show your wealth to the taxman... Atleast that is safer than to keep it at home! I keep what I need at home and I think not even a police raid or a bunch of thieves would find anything more valuable than my phone or computer at my home... The rest is well hidden or in my safety deposit box at the bank! smile.png

But for this man Sharky I would say that " you live by the sword, you die by the sword!", being a loan shark is not the best of trades...

I am like you, keep my money in the bank, not worried about a safety deposit box except for my gold. Only take out via ATM when needed.

Seems to me that the Pattaya police farce force have met their own role model and they don't know how to handle him..

Imitation is and was indeed the most sincere form of flattery.whistling.gif

il_340x270.549611382_ljq6.jpg

Edited by siampolee

It's hard to have any sympathy for a guy who posts pictures of himself fondling 18 yr old prostitutes all over Twitter and Facebook accompanied by degrading comments about Thai women. Prostitutes or not, his Facebook page should be taken down, as I'm sure none of the girls involved agreed to having their working status advertised to 100,000 of his followers, not to mention that members of their families could easily come across the pictures.

Anyway, that aside, this story is quite concerning. I have no doubt he is telling the truth, and the CCTV in his apartment building did capture the accused cop and his team -(deleted link and reference to that)

I wonder how the police are going to shut him up. He has already been on Thai TV and Australian TV with this story and continues to harm the reputation of Pattaya police and Thailand as a whole. They couldn't just bump him off now; that would be too obvious. But surely they want him out?

I guess one big problem is that they have no grounds to blacklist him, and he owns a few condos – so what would happen to those properties if they did kick him out?

Edited by petercool
unauthorised link

Maybe one day you will be shaken down by the police and have drugs planted on you.

Then maybe you will see HIS point of view.

Personally, I treat everyone with the same respect despite their appearance.

But seems most of you back up the Pattaya police here because of Sharky's appearance.

You should read the links above, including the man's own page where he boasts about being a gangster. He is a loan shark and thug.

As it is against ThaiVisa police to link to unapproved blogs, a link to a site was removed.

Some libellous comments and attacks on him have been removed.

Please be aware that Sharky's claims are his alone and none here should wish to face any defamation charges by repeating them in his own words under Thailand's strict defamation laws.

Makes me proud to be an Aussie

At least sharky has the courage to fight for his rights with the police. Many of us, me included are often too cowardish.

Wish I had his statue and courage.

I think foolish rage is more accurate.

I don't doubt what he says but he isn't going to get his money & gold back.

Pattaya internet personality Tim Ward accuses cops of jacking his cash, bling
By Coconuts Bangkok

wardkitten.jpg
ABOVE: On Twitter and his blog, Pattaya internet personality Tim "Sharky" Ward frequently discusses his love of "pussy."
Photo: Tim Ward on Facebook

TODAY IN PATTAYA — He’s mad as hell and wants his gold a back.

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya’s infamous farang curiosity, the steroid- and bargirl-guzzling Tim “Sharky” Ward, made a one-man (verbal) assault on the Pattaya Police Station early this morning to demand the return of property he said officers took from his condominium in September.

Well known for using social media to telegraph self-empowerment, money and misogyny, Ward is famous for broadcasting a testosterone-soggy image which celebrates the adolescent trifecta of brawn, bitches and bling. Sometimes he feeds kittens too.

Ward showed up at the police station with two men filming him, according to Pattaya News, to demand the return of THB1 million and a kilogram of gold he claims were stolen by police on Sept. 28.

On that day police searched Ward’s condo and found drugs Ward says were planted – a not incredible claim in Pattaya – and after they left, the self-described “richest gangster on the Gold Coast” said his gold and cash were missing. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/10/pattaya-internet-personality-tim-ward-accuses-cops-jacking-his-cash-bling

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-10

• Like 1