Swiss man missing from Sairee beach on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest TAT rename Koh Tao to "Island of Death".

At least then, the tourists visiting would know what to expect.

Can't. Koh Phi Phi is the "Island of Death". You will have to come up with a new one.

Edited by Briggsy

More and more foreigners are dyeing or commiting suicide daily. Please do not come to Thailand. " It's a good life if you don't weaken." Tragically Hip".

You need balls to live here and more.

balls to live here? ok that explains the lady boys..... thanks

Si Thea01 post # 65.

Is this meant to be funny, sarcastic or just plain stupid? I thought this was an adult forum, not one open to children and their childish remarks.

Perhaps you should look at the post you just made then you maybe enlightened as to how your post is viewed.

Will there be a public DNA testing put on for show to "prove" innocence from someone? whistling.gif

Is this meant to be funny, sarcastic or just plain stupid? I thought this was an adult forum, not one open to children and their childish remarks.

This forum appears to be open to anyone, regardless of age, sex, race or any other criteria.

You sign in with any name you want ...and pick a password.

Can do that any number of times.

Why would the authorities allow snorkelers or divers in the water with long tail boats at the same time? It is inviting injuries and deaths. Making things safe means making rules about who can do what and when they can do it.

For God's sake these people are adults and humans and sometimes we are fallible and make mistakes. Do the authorities need to hold everyone's hand every time they undertake some activity. Don't you think one should use common sense but then sense is not very common these days.

Of course it is dangerous to dive near the long tail boats but that is up to the diver to not place himself in danger. We all know how those who operate these boats act so why would someone with any intelligence dive any where near them.

I hope this man is found alive but given the length of time I doubt it but them miracles have happened before. Even if there are rules just look at the number of people who come on here looking for help after they have failed to obey the rules and have got themselves into the deep end.

With only one fin I would suspect he may be circling just off the coast somewhere.

Yep....not going to go in a straight line....

Even way off the coast, people swim in circles with/or without a single fin. However, if you were right handed, you could compensate by putting a fin on your left foot. That would enable you to go in a straight line... more or less.

Body found off Koh Tao possibly missing Swiss tourist
By Coconuts Bangkok

missing_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The body of a man presumed to be a missing Swiss snorkeler was found in the waters between Koh Tao and Koh Phangan on Tuesday.

Suter Hanspeter, 44, was reportedly suffering from ill health and stress when he went snorkelling off Sairee Beach on Saturday and disappeared.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/12/body-found-koh-tao-possibly-missing-swiss-tourist

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-12

With only one fin I would suspect he may be circling just off the coast somewhere.

Yep....not going to go in a straight line....

Even way off the coast, people swim in circles with/or without a single fin. However, if you were right handed, you could compensate by putting a fin on your left foot. That would enable you to go in a straight line... more or less.

I believe its called a monfin

wave-monofin.jpg

Suter Hanspeter, 44, was reportedly suffering from ill health and stress

had been warned by a doctor not to swim due to problems with his eyes.

Did this man have several conditions or was it just eye problems?

Would it be to much for the reporter to find out how far out his body was found, there is an approximate distance of 45k between these two islands.

• Like 1

Maybe should have went to Spec Savers before coming on holiday this would dampen the conspiracy theorist ardour. Or then again he could have swum to Pattaya and went for a MacDonalds for a late night snack and now has a perfect alibi.

• Like 1

Call me a conspiracy theorist but something does not seem right with this story.

Why would a recently qualified dive master: A. need to rent snorkeling gear, and B. want to snorkel in the least desirable spot on the island?

There are rumours that many on the island are scared to speak out; here is a person with serious life issues, made much worse by the drop in tourism - is it too unimaginable that he may have been a victim of crime?

Considering this, perhaps police could show cctv proof that he did in fact personally enter and exit the rental shop - at the time reported...

Sad to say that now when I read anything happening on KT I assume the worst and will most likely continue to do so. I know it's wrong but....

• Like 1

If you had committed a heinous crime in or near the water and seemed to be getting away with it and then saw someone

seeming to be investigating, what might you do to that lone unobserved person?

What are you talking about?

I would suggest that person stop drinking Chang, Singha, and Leo.

• Like 2

Suter Hanspeter, 44, was reportedly suffering from ill health and stress

had been warned by a doctor not to swim due to problems with his eyes.

Did this man have several conditions or was it just eye problems?

Would it be to much for the reporter to find out how far out his body was found, there is an approximate distance of 45k between these two islands.

just a try to blame it on the (supposed) victim not on the manifold dangers around that island

Call me a conspiracy theorist but something does not seem right with this story.

Why would a recently qualified dive master: A. need to rent snorkeling gear, and B. want to snorkel in the least desirable spot on the island?

There are rumours that many on the island are scared to speak out; here is a person with serious life issues, made much worse by the drop in tourism - is it too unimaginable that he may have been a victim of crime?

Considering this, perhaps police could show cctv proof that he did in fact personally enter and exit the rental shop - at the time reported...

Sad to say that now when I read anything happening on KT I assume the worst and will most likely continue to do so. I know it's wrong but....

Anybody should do so until the terrible double murder with the terrible police "investigation" is properly cleared and the murderers and all other perps regarding this case including those sabotaging the investigation get their deserved court sentence

Was last seen after heated talk with Village Headmen's son. as reported by deported Welsh man who fell off balcony while chatting with girlfriend but no worries they found his empty wallet but he must have spent all the money cause his bank account was empty. His Rolex watch was found in local pawn shop two days after he went for swim. But reporter had strap broken by large man with tattoo's And 2 kilo's of gold and no neck.

Edited by Strangebrew