Swiss man missing from Sairee beach on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a conspiracy theorist but something does not seem right with this story.

Why would a recently qualified dive master: A. need to rent snorkeling gear, and B. want to snorkel in the least desirable spot on the island?

There are rumours that many on the island are scared to speak out; here is a person with serious life issues, made much worse by the drop in tourism - is it too unimaginable that he may have been a victim of crime?

Considering this, perhaps police could show cctv proof that he did in fact personally enter and exit the rental shop - at the time reported...

I will call you that. Unless you were there and have first hand knowledge of the incident then everything you state is either a guess, an assumption or pure speculation. Why does everything that happens on this island have to be associated with criminality. Let's wait and see hey!

Weren't there small craft advisories this weekend due to storm activity and high winds?

Absolute no high winds or high waves on the west side of the islands in

the last 5 days. In fact, the water was as flat as a mirror most of the time.

last five days? saturday was monsoon central so was most of sunday

Weren't there small craft advisories this weekend due to storm activity and high winds?

Absolute no high winds or high waves on the west side of the islands in

the last 5 days. In fact, the water was as flat as a mirror most of the time.

last five days? saturday was monsoon central so was most of sunday

Sorry mate, maybe on the the east side of the islands but not on

the sheltered beaches on the west side of Koh Phangan or Koh Tao.

Edited by JoeLing

What I don't get is why anybody want to go to Kho Tao when they know there still is one or more murders at large there.

Maybe the village chief advertise with free drinks and accommodation to all tourists, and a 100% rise in salary to any Burmese workers who dare to come back.

You know, some people work in the West and save up for months to go on a Tropical Paradise holiday. We can't just drive down from Bangers every weekend as we wish.

And whilst making flight and hotel bookings perhaps a year ago, it did not even cross our minds that horrible things were going to happen a year later. And can't change the bookings.

I'm not talking about me, i am still saving after six years...

Edited by Patsycat

What I don't get is why anybody want to go to Kho Tao when they know there still is one or more murders at large there.

Maybe the village chief advertise with free drinks and accommodation to all tourists, and a 100% rise in salary to any Burmese workers who dare to come back.

you're lucky murder of the English language is not a crime on this forum bilbo

p'raps make sure your avatar takes correct medication next time

..the other pill

• 2 weeks later...

No way I'm going back to Koh Tao - I'll take my chances in Pattani.

That is the best news so far.

Please take some of these other (facetious) posters with you.

and I'll leave the teary Tuesday post full moon cranky comedown kids to their bleached coral and plastic bottle beaches segregated by blockwork fences and littered with mafia run bars. Or you can always find respite in the "retirement village" housing dive masters, as long as conversation about how it's better than an office job doesnt get tiring.

Can sit around with the collection of enlightened laughing at and lamenting for those for whom sarcasm is lost as the highest form of humour while imbibing G+T's and dodging machetes, bullets and motorcycle terrorists down south.

So my response is, "Gladly"

Call me a conspiracy theorist but something does not seem right with this story.

Why would a recently qualified dive master: A. need to rent snorkeling gear, and B. want to snorkel in the least desirable spot on the island?

There are rumours that many on the island are scared to speak out; here is a person with serious life issues, made much worse by the drop in tourism - is it too unimaginable that he may have been a victim of crime?

Considering this, perhaps police could show cctv proof that he did in fact personally enter and exit the rental shop - at the time reported...

Sad to say that now when I read anything happening on KT I assume the worst and will most likely continue to do so. I know it's wrong but....

Anybody should do so until the terrible double murder with the terrible police "investigation" is properly cleared and the murderers and all other perps regarding this case including those sabotaging the investigation get their deserved court sentence

Would you include those that are rumor mongering and tossing out conspiracy theories as people sabotaging?

I see you are, quite astonishingly getting "likes" to your post JD.

You're even starting to make the late Johnny Cochran look somewhat of a novice. Respect.