Pattaya Police Chief begins investigation into Tim 'Sharky' Ward

webfact

Its a small world...

I actually witness the event when he checked the CCTV.

I needed to access VT6 CCTV since I twice have had burglary in different rooms (where "someone" used master keys to access the room + the safe)

Sharky helped me a lot. A real nice guy.

(ViewTalay 6 have problems. According to the brooker I rent room from the master keys to the safes/rooms are in the wild. <-- usually posting this warning leads to people censoring /deleeting the post. Have no idea why... Nothing is safe in VT6. 26-1004, 16-564. Twice in just 2 months master keys have been used to steal stuff from my safe)

Yep and he is normally very polite and articulate.

As for VT6 issues I lived there for 2 years, never had a problem with security. The only problems were the dross that were allowed to rent some of the rooms.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of characters anyone remember the Rambo type police "trainer" that used to ride around Jomtien in a Yellow Hummer that got busted on weapons charges a couple of years back

His explanation was that he was on the way to "train" some police officers

Wonder if they deported him ?

Mr. Ward claims that 1 Kilo of Gold and 1 Million Baht in cash was stolen by Police during their visit to the apartment

1kg of gold is worth approx. 1,250,000 baht at current Thai exchange rates. Plus another 1,000,000 Baht in cash. Why has anyone got that amount of cash and gold lying about their apartment, even in Pattaya ? Was it under his mattress, in his freezer, in his sock drawer ? To the sane this guy skates far to close to the edge. Physical size and what he probably thinks are menacing taboos (and don't forget the beating of the chest), will not protect him if the Thai police decide to arrest him for deportation. And if he fights back, he is dead. And it will happen very very quickly. He's not setting a precedent here.

I think personally

that Sharky is at the corner of Waterloo and Watergate

he either gets to resign,

or he falls on his sword

but at this point,

he shouldha kept his money away from them, and his gold away too

he brought them in and they robbed him

any girl could have hidden a crack pipe there without him knowing it, on any given day, although, it is too bad he had to pay the price for someone hiding their wares knowing it was safe there

he is screwed one way or the other,

I just hope they don't try coming to arrest him and things get hairy,

it will take a hail of fire to bring him down, and I would suspect a few are going over the rail first

@Chwooly. It obvious that you have never been shaken down because they probably look at you and say to themselves that he doesn't have anything that we want or need and as far as solid evidence is concerned it is also apparent that you do not read much considering there is plenty od evidence in many media outlets from news papers, newscasts,people's personal accounts as something called the internet. You must be a tourist cop by the sounds of it otherwise get out from your barstool long enough and join reality fool.

"It is about time something is done. Publicly telling the world how you break the law in your host country should never be accepted in any country. IMHO"

Well, that's my point as well. This guy seems to be a minor celebrity in certain ex-pat circles, when all he is is some law-breaking pimp who is admitting to breaking the law in numerous places, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube amongst them. Doesn't seem to have a work permit or any visible means of legal income, and he's surely not naturalized.

Lets flip the tables here and say there was some large, loud, obnoxious Thai dude hanging around Bondi beach; no Aussie passport, not working, admitting to breaking laws and screwing hookers, "protecting" {IE extorting} them, doing steroids, acting like a total A-hole to the police and local authorities, etc......just how long would you Aussie's put up with it? My guess is that Thai guy would have been shipped out a long time ago.

So, Thailand, what are you waiting for? Trash like this needs to be swept into the gutter once and for all.

I am reasonably certain the police would not have stolen his money and gold and if there was a reasonable chance they did it would be duly investigated.

"Dealing" with the problem would have been dealt with, within the law.....

{Hey Tim, if you're reading here, bet you had to look up "troglodyte"didn't ya?} So did I.

Fits him perfectly, eh?

I only heard of that loser by reading here; he seems to fancy himself as someone important on those youtube videos but he's really just a knuckle-dragging cretin, the worst kind of people Pattaya is world-famous for.

Oh come on now. That cannot be true.

I heard that they cut down all the trees in Pattaya and that everyone has to walk to work now.

Sharky is not a danger to society as some posters have mentioned. The RTP are the real danger to society!!!

yup cause the RTP are running around stabbing people. From the way everyone talks on TV the RTP are so corrupt you can't walk past 1 without getting shaken down. Yet this had never happened to me. I have in the past wore Thai gold, gone out to nana, soi cowboy, soi buokow, walking st, and other areas of disrepute. So I would love to see solid evidence as to the assumption that all RTP are as bad as we keep hearing.

That is an incredibly naiive, even plain ignorant post. What you have said would be akin to me saying , " My grandfather survived World War 1, so there is no proof that trench warfare is dangerous at all."

A drug test on his hair - from very personal parts if necessary will say whether he is a drug user , if he is lock him up

If not it lends credence to the fact he was set up

Sharky demanded even a blood test but police refused

Why the Police must do a blood test? They NOT charged him about drugs.

Supposedly the police tried to "fit him up" for drugs, they (apparently) didn't charge him because he doesn't do drugs and there was CCTV evidence of the police taking the drug pipes into his apartment. While he was being held over the false charges they stole his money and gold (apparently).

Sharky and the BIB are both as bad and as each other. They are both criminals. However, i don't comphrend how some people look at Sharky and and just say he is breaking the law and should be deported. Lol. I guess there will always be people that hate and jealous of one's success in whatever way one has achieved it.

On the other hand, the BIB gets support from these haters. Even though they are also breaking the laws. which in, my opinion is more worst than Sharky since the BIB are meant to enforce the

law.

Knuckle dragging cretin or not this guy doesn't deserve to have his stuff stolen by the police. Something which I believe is 100% possible.

A 'hookah' device isn't illegal. They may have been banned / restricted but if you have one sitting at home and it was purchased when they were fully legal then I don't think it should be an issue.

The cover up will most likely see him deported / visa revoked and that will be the end of the matter.

Arguably the stuff was never his in the first place.

Ill gotten gains by his own admission.

Knuckle dragging cretin or not this guy doesn't deserve to have his stuff stolen by the police. Something which I believe is 100% possible.

A 'hookah' device isn't illegal. They may have been banned / restricted but if you have one sitting at home and it was purchased when they were fully legal then I don't think it should be an issue.

The cover up will most likely see him deported / visa revoked and that will be the end of the matter.

Arguably the stuff was never his in the first place.

Ill gotten gains by his own admission.

If and when the police find any of Mr. Sharky's assets then they are subject to forfeiture as proceeds of a criminal enterprise.

@Chwooly. It obvious that you have never been shaken down because they probably look at you and say to themselves that he doesn't have anything that we want or need and as far as solid evidence is concerned it is also apparent that you do not read much considering there is plenty od evidence in many media outlets from news papers, newscasts,people's personal accounts as something called the internet. You must be a tourist cop by the sounds of it otherwise get out from your barstool long enough and join reality fool.

really, name calling is that the best you can do? I don't subscribe to the 'it's on the internet so it must be true' but it is obvious you do. As to not having anything they want that might be true but then again I mind my business and don't look for trouble. Nope not a cop either.got better things to do than play dress up on walking st. But what ever floats your boat.

very questionable what he is doing with the girls.

You mean extorting poor Issan people of the little income they have for "protection"? Protection from what, exactly, I have no idea. Most of the sex workers are more street smart than this moron will ever be.

Taking them to his room and posting semi-nude photos on his multiple social networking accounts? Naaaaa, he's a great guy, deserving of our gratitude for taking on the mean ol' police department! Reading here is sometime a head-shaking experience, how anyone can defend this POS is beyond me.

It's not about defending him, it's about curbing police corruption and extortion. 2 wrongs don't make a right and the police force in this country is it's biggest problem and not just for Farang.....

This guy's been kicking around Pattaya for years, anyone know what he does for cash?

Work permit? Real job? He seems to just go to the beach and walk around all day with no shirt on.

Apparently he claims to charge bar girls 500 baht a week and in return he offers them protection from there punters, basically a PIMP, not my words but his.

Apparently he takes care of 350 girls so thats 175000 baht a week tax free. No wonder the police are pissed at him, hes treading on there toes.

Go to you tube and type in Tim Ward and then watch his video named pimp, its all there.

So, no work permit, no visible [legal] means of support.

Ship his pathetic, ugly, troglodyte, steroid-filled ass back to Oz. {Hey Tim, if you're reading here, bet you had to look up "troglodyte", didn't ya?}

He's admitting on Youtube he's breaking the law, I hope the creep gets deported.

He dont pimp 350 girls its silly rumor.

He bang them sure

And bail them out from police.

Anyway

Heist mission accomplished. ..

really, name calling is that the best you can do? I don't subscribe to the 'it's on the internet so it must be true' but it is obvious you do. As to not having anything they want that might be true but then again I mind my business and don't look for trouble. Nope not a cop either. got better things to do than play dress up on walking st. But what ever floats your boat.

very questionable what he is doing with the girls.

You mean extorting poor Issan people of the little income they have for "protection"? Protection from what, exactly, I have no idea. Most of the sex workers are more street smart than this moron will ever be.

Taking them to his room and posting semi-nude photos on his multiple social networking accounts? Naaaaa, he's a great guy, deserving of our gratitude for taking on the mean ol' police department! Reading here is sometime a head-shaking experience, how anyone can defend this POS is beyond me.

It's not about defending him, it's about curbing police corruption and extortion. 2 wrongs don't make a right and the police force in this country is it's biggest problem and not just for Farang.....

Sadly, in a country like Thailand where the law enforcement is variable at best, it seems to attract some people who can thrive and exploit this environment. This character seems to be such a person, blatantly disregarding the cultural norms, disrespectful of the fact that it is a privilege to be allowed to live in a foreign land, contributing nothing positive whatsoever. He and his type, whether tourists or residents, do other farang no service at all. I'm not jumping to the defense of the RTP as the facts of this case are unknown, but it looks like Tim is the author of his own demise and we'd all be better off without him here.

Sharky and the BIB are both as bad and as each other. They are both criminals. However, i don't comphrend how some people look at Sharky and and just say he is breaking the law and should be deported. Lol. I guess there will always be people that hate and jealous of one's success in whatever way one has achieved it.

On the other hand, the BIB gets support from these haters. Even though they are also breaking the laws. which in, my opinion is more worst than Sharky since the BIB are meant to enforce the

law.

Where can I find this CCTV evidence? I don't find this video. On the pictures I can't see something!!! Where are the lady with the pipes?

I am surprised too how quick it changed from a Crackpipe in the original report to a Hooka.waterpipe. It's a big different!!!

Also why him call the Police if nothing was stolen? Why him wait 1.5 month for make problem with the police?

I don't know, but a lot of things stink in this case. About his history him now 100% his legal rights about cases like this. They are in the most countries the same. For sure in thailand. Him must know that the police don't need a search warrant if him call they self inside his apartement. Also him must know that the police must write down every evidence what they found in his apartement and give a copy to him.

If I come to my apartement and someone broke in, I check first my belongings and take it (if it was not stolen) to a safe place.

What i don't understand too is: if him don't got it back direct after the Police let him go why him not call the same day or next day the DSI and a lawyer. Unbelievable to wait 1.5 month for make Problem for this case!!!

Not a big surprise here.

Instead of opening an investigation into theft, they open investigation about a person whose belongings were stolen

"...they open investigation about a person whose belongings were stolen"

They open investigation about a person whose belongings were allegedly stolen.

Why make an "announcement" that investigations into this man are to begin? Police should just do their job which would usually result in arrest or deportation in a civilised society. Then when the work is done make your announcement. No need to flaunt intent. I really don't care if the police do fit this guy up if we never see him again. Just do it.

I am usually not the first to point to the Thai concept of 'losing face' as it is in my opinion too often and too easily used by many to explain all kinds of situations and occurrences whether relevant and appropriate or not but this is a textbook example.

He confronted the police on their own turf bringing camera's with him and exposed and embarrassed the police for all to see on the internet. The humiliation and show of total disrespect has been witnessed by probably hundreds of thousands of internet users and has been picked up by several old school media as well .

The announcement of the investigation is a way for the police to let everyone know that they will not allow anyone to make a fool of them like Tim did.

Perhaps there isn't even going to be an investigation but they have to respond to what he did.

By his behaviour alone this guy has made his own problems. No matter if he has been framed, robbed or whatever, I will not cry if he gets deported and blacklisted. Actually, I find it amazing, he has not already been sent out of the country a long time ago.

It doesn matter how he looks like. If he doesn't break the law. And if the police really stolen his his stuff, than there should be an investigation.

Thai style.... deportation. If he is right, he should leave this country and do something from outside, e.g. call for the ICC or make a lawsuit

agains Thailand in AUS.

If he doesn't break the lawcheesy.gif... for a self declared pimp and loan shark cheesy.gif

Archived