'Crazed Foreigner' Attacks Pattaya McDonald's Store

Lite Beer

'Crazed Foreigner' Attacks Pattaya McDonald's Store

By Khaosod Eng.

14157727311415772789l.jpg

CHONBURI — A foreign man has been arrested for attempting to attack customers with a knife at a McDonald's store in Pattaya early this morning.

The incident took place at around 3.30 am at a McDonald's in Central Pattaya, police say.

Kandapon Pongsapakkaranatat, 34, said he was ordering food at the counter when a man charged into the store, wielding a knife and shouting incoherently at other customers.

Kandapon said he tried to talk the man into putting down his knife, but to no avail.

"He grabbed my neck and tried to hurt me," Kandapon said. "So I struggled and ran away, then I called the police."

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415772731

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-11-12

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly someone who had ordered a meal previously and still left the place feeling hungry and only received these skinny little chips so have to sympathise with him if that was his excuse and he possibly wanted to butter his own roll with a clean knife for a change.

• Like 1

Most probably British (which also includes Australians). What else?

And you are...............?

not British smile.png

Frankly, when such sort of crazy stuff happens, most time British citizens are involved.

Yet another day when I have to disappoint you......

A butter knife?

Scary stuff

First, thats no butter knife and second an intelligent man knows to be wary of any knife in the hands of a methhead junkie.

It's the usual rush to defend any foreign nutter. If the guy with the knife had been Thai the TV knuckle-draggers would be demanding the death sentence.

I walked into an empty McDonalds on 2nd road (near soi6) stood at the counter looking at the menu then ordered a cheese burger off a girl that was standing in front of me - Thai guy to the right of her said I couldn't order unless I moved about 3 feet to the right (he was extremely rude and aggressive), I ignored him and asked the girl again for a my order (the place is still empty) the Thai guy started shouting and at one point actually offered to fight me, I continued to ignore him and the girl then took my order, eventually I got my burger and left, I remained polite and calm the whole time

I sent a report of the incident to the McDonalds Head office in Thailand and did actually get a reply and the complaint was progressed over a couple of weeks, not sure what action they eventually took as I did not want to participate further

For me it is easy to see how a customer could become enraged with staff at one of these establishments

I never went to a McDonalds since and don't intend to - KFC rules

"For me it is easy to see how a customer could become enraged with staff at one of these establishments"

Of course, the O/P didn't involve staff at this McDonald's and assuming that because one person in one restaurant acted strangely with you means that it would be reasonable & understandable for anyone to become enraged with staff at any McDonald's makes no sense, but thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

He was probably upset with the 15 minute delay while the server had to handle out all the mcfree stuff to the Indians. Happen to me once. Wanted a heap of free sugars, milks, sauces etc and they put them all in a bag to take back to the room.

• Like 1

Whilst on the subject of knives, ever wondered why yourself and baggage is carefully scrutinised for sharps before getting on a plane then receive in flight food with a metal knife & fork??? go figure.....

You may fly using a better class of service than the typical TV poster who would most likely only expect meal service to consist of a shrink-wrapped tuna fish & salad cream on day-old white bread sandwich and a pre-mixed plastic cup of Tang.

• Like 1