Tell us what you use your Tefal Multomoulinette for?

Jingthing

OK, I didn't have any kind of electronic chopper or food processor but I broke down and bought a Tefal Multomoulinette mainly because I've been making a ginger sauce for Chinese poached chicken a few times a week and got tired of chopping up large quantities of ginger by hand. That's really a pain because I use a LOT of ginger!

post-37101-0-31727700-1415779121_thumb.j

So I bought it for one purpose only!

The sauce I make is simple classic Chinese side sauce:

Ginger, chopped scallions (I chopped those myself), salt mixed in, then you throw HOT OIL on top of the mixture and mix up and let cool.

So really just for the ginger.

Tried it one time and I'm glad of the saved labor but the ginger seemed too finely chopped now. Next time maybe I can make it coarser by doing it for less time, not sure. So yes I am saying so far the dish was better when doing it by hand ... but really TOO TEDIOUS.

Anyway, it occurred to me I can also use the tool to make Chinese black bean sauce (which I was making in a mortar/pestle before).

For that put in whole cloves garlic, whole fermented black beans, Chinese wine, soy sauce, and some Thai red peppers. I fry the ginger separately during the cooking. That worked VERY WELL first time.

Another use I know about is to make various types of Italian pesto. Not sure I will use it for that. I do make a very simple garlic, chili, mustard, olive oil pesto but it seems easier to just mince the garlic in a manual tool rather than have to clean up the Multomoulinette. If I was using basil leaves, yes of course I would use the machine.

ANYWAY, curious what y'all are using your Multomoulinette or similar kitchen tool for?

Thanks.

Edited by Jingthing

I use a simple four sided grater to shred the ginger on the coarse grind side...costs about a buck...

for hummous ye gotta have garbanzos and tahina both of which are rarer than hen's teeth outsida falang places (do you like substituting manao for lemons?)....

Got mecheesy.gif ... well, anyway, I'm happy to have my new little toy.

I don't think chickpeas and tahini are too bad in Pattaya ... but lemons, yeah, that's a problem.

I use a simple four sided grater to shred the ginger on the coarse grind side...costs about a buck...

for hummous ye gotta have garbanzos and tahina both of which are rarer than hen's teeth outsida falang places (do you like substituting manao for lemons?)....

Got mecheesy.gif ... well, anyway, I'm happy to have my new little toy.

I don't think chickpeas and tahini are too bad in Pattaya ... but lemons, yeah, that's a problem.

hence tutsi's bag bulging with canned hummous, arabic bread and lemons on return to Thailand on leave from work in the middle east...

canned hummous with fresh squeezed lemons is as good as fresh made imho...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Hummus is easy: chick peas are 42 THB in Macro and you can make your own Tahini from ground white sesame seeds and olive oil...cheap as chips!

I am reading from different sources that it is OK to use lime instead of lemons for hummus.

Now I've got this Tefal Multimoulinette thingie that I bought and not really sure what it is. It seems to me it is chopper. It can also be used with for milkshakes not that I ever would with an extra attachment.

Is this the same function as a food processor? I don't get the difference.

I remember years ago I had a food processor and did make hummus with it. Any reason why my new toy couldn't be used the same way?

I think I want to try it again and add some more spices to it, especially CUMIN.

BTW, made the ginger again ... it was better this time ... using less time on.

Edited by Jingthing

Try this:

1 head roasted garlic (or use 3-6 minced raw garlic cloves)

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 can chickpeas, drained
3 tablespoons tahini
1/2 lemon, juiced (Thai manao are fine)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
4 tablespoons water
a dash of black pepper

Garnish:

Extra virgin olive oil

1/2 teaspoon paprika

minced cilantro

Squeeze the roasted (or raw) garlic into the multimoulie. Add the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust, adding more tahini, lemon , salt, water or whatever it needs for taste & texture. Put on a plate; make a swirl, and top with a bit more evoo, the paprika & cilantro. Serve with warm pita wedges, sliced purple onions, olives, pickles, maybe some feta and roasted peppers... oy!

post-72929-0-45839100-1415874602_thumb.j

post-72929-0-28153400-1415874645_thumb.j

• Like 1