Furious Samui Police Officer Shoots His Colleagues in Lamai

Lite Beer

Furious Samui Police Officer Shoots His Colleagues in Lamai

KOH SAMUI: -- At 01.00 on November 12th , Inquiry Officer on duty of Bo Phut District Police Station Pol.Capt. Kantapon Srisuksai, after being informed about a shooting in a police booth in Pom Lamai in Koh Samui, went to examine the scene with his commander.

Pol.Sgt. Wichit Rattanasupa who had been shot in the head with a 9mm gun was found dead in Pom Lamai police booth wearing a police uniform. The other victim, Pol.Lt. Warintorn Saengudom, who had been shot in the chest was severely injured which he was sent to Bangkok-Samui Hospital for treatment.

The person who caused this awful incident is no one other than Pol.Sgt. Matthew Wisala who was a patrol officer working in the same police booth as the victims. After shooting his colleague, he didn’t even attempt escape but simply stood there waiting to be arrested.

After the examination, it’s revealed that Pol.Sgt. Wichit, the deceased, came to work at noon and was off duty at midnight. The next officer on duty was Pol.Sgt. Matthew. When Pol.Sgt. Wichit was off duty, he was still hanging around in Pom Lamai police booth with a group of four police officers including Pol.Lt. Warintorn. When Pol.Sgt. Matthew, who was close with the deceased, came into the police booth to start his shift, he talked with the now deceased before he pulled out his 9mm gun and shot him several times and accidentally shot Pol.Lt. Warintorn to the shock of other police officers, who could never have expected anythign like that to happen.

Pol.Col. Sathit Promuthai, the Superintendent of Bo Phut District Police Station, who went to the scene to examine, has not revealed the motive of the shooting only that the perpetrator has been arrested

Pol.Col. Sathit hasn’t allowed the press to take pictures inside Pom Lamai police booth which raised questions among the press and other media outlets, Pol.Col. Sathit answered shortly that while the investigation is underway nobody would be allowed inside the crime scene.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-11-12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unusual for the mystic RTP not to immediately announce the motive, they seem to know the cause of every single foreigner death (it's suicide by the way) here in Thailand before even visiting the scene.

In this case I'm betting ( mentally, I don't want to break the gambling laws ) that it's one cop been diddling the mia noi of the other ...

Where do you get stupid ideas like that? Only a week or so ago a Thai woman was arrested for murdering a foreigner.

Unusual for the mystic RTP not to immediately announce the motive, they seem to know the cause of every single foreigner death (it's suicide by the way) here in Thailand before even visiting the scene.

In this case I'm betting ( mentally, I don't want to break the gambling laws ) that it's one cop been diddling the mia noi of the other ...

Where do you get stupid ideas like that? Only a week or so ago a Thai woman was arrested for murdering a foreigner.

I can only assume you either don't live in Thailand, haven't been here long or don't read the news. There are multiple daily "suicides" here which is the default "cause" of death according to the RTP when talking about foreign deaths. Yes, there are exceptions, occasionally.

• Like 1

Close, but more likely a case of one ripped off the other.

This doens't auger well for their claim that they don't use torture to interrogate Burmese suspects. If this is what they do to each other I'd hate to be a suspect

That cannot even be considered a tenuous connection--you just pretty much pulled that right out of thin air, eh?

• Like 1

What five year old wrote this article ? ..............coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Ya... pretty much reads like it....

Obviously... the key element here is the shooter's first name... Matthew!!! Obviously, that's a suspicious element right there. whistling.gif

As for why they didn't allow photos, tours of the crime scene, etc etc... I think it's probably giving too much credit to think there were any lessons learned from Koh Tao. It would have been perfectly fine to do so if the victim had been you or me. But in this particular case, it's obviously different.

BTW, put me down in the diddling column. That kind of cold-blooded offing would seem to suggest something intense and personal, whereas if it had just been money, you might think there would have been some argument or fighting or demand made prior to the shooting. No indication of that in the OP report.

BTW, recall that just in the past week, there was the case of an Army soldier in Pattani armed with an automatic rifle shooting and killing four fellow soldiers in an Army barracks there.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774737-thai-barracks-shooting-raises-soldier-stress-issue/

Obviously, there's some lack of happiness at issue here.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

"Pol.Col. Sathit hasnt allowed the press to take pictures inside Pom Lamai police booth which raised questions among the press and other media outlets, Pol.Col. Sathit answered shortly that while the investigation is underway nobody would be allowed inside the crime scene."

Are they really learning from the death island Koh Tao ?

Or only because it's one of them?

They may actually realise that it is not a good idea to sell tickets at a crime scene so every tom, dick and Harry with thier dogs can trample all over it and destroy evidence. They may also be starting to understand that gruesome photos of victims plastered all over the media can be distressing to families. They may just be tired of being laughed at on social media around the world and have started to adopt an attitude that resembles some sort of professionalism.

He already admitted it not much more evidence they need

• Like 2

"No ones allowed inside the crime scene"?

Seems that the normal rules of trample over everything like a herd of migrating wilder beast doesn't apply in this case,, because it is a policeman perhaps? Perhaps because they can have an "open" discussion about "monetary compensation" as long as no one can see the scene.

Next week (after appropriate cash has changed hands),, it will be an accident with the gun that mysteriously discharged itself..

• Like 1

This doens't auger well for their claim that they don't use torture to interrogate Burmese suspects. If this is what they do to each other I'd hate to be a suspect

That cannot even be considered a tenuous connection--you just pretty much pulled that right out of thin air, eh?

Or maybe some people lack the mental capacity to understand the irony inferred in the quote. For those that don't, I sincerely apologize, I thought this was a double digit + IQ'ed forum

"No ones allowed inside the crime scene"?

Seems that the normal rules of trample over everything like a herd of migrating wilder beast doesn't apply in this case,, because it is a policeman perhaps? Perhaps because they can have an "open" discussion about "monetary compensation" as long as no one can see the scene.

Next week (after appropriate cash has changed hands),, it will be an accident with the gun that mysteriously discharged itself..

Now this is ironic.

The poster who is all in a tizzy because a Korean suggested the Irish drink too much is not in the least offended that lives have been taken by a murderer. In fact, he is actually making jokes about the death of one victim.

Far more concerned about the victim of a few words than the victim of violence.

Cheers