Furious Samui Police Officer Shoots His Colleagues in Lamai

Lite Beer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few days ago in the news it was reported that the head police told all the other police officers to help each other. He was referring to the fact that many brother police officers are killing themselves. Now they are killing each other. I guess something must have got lost in translation.

RIP and condolences to the family.

So, what's the SOP now? Bail, then sneak across the border to Malaysia for a few years, then come back as an instructor at the police academy? Or is that reserved for the privileged few?

Could you explain to some of readers why the police are going to help out a cop that just killed one of their colleagues and has seriously wounded another?

Has this happened before and resulted in what you suggest?

Or do you just spout nonsense at random moments when in front of a keyboard?

• Like 1

Answer to first question: Google the history of Chalerm's son.

Answer to second question: See answer to the first question.

Answer. to third question: No.

Suggest you. learn a bit of Thai history over the past decade or two. With over 3,200 posts, you should have realized the irony and economy of words used.

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 1

Not to worry officer Mathew would be moved to inactive post and blood money paid to the family.

One question though , 1 officer was taken to an expansive private hospital , who would be paying the bill ?

All hospitals (private and public) in Thailand are obliged to provide emergency treatment FOC to Thais that are 'in the system' ie paying social security, government employees etc.

• Like 1

Suggest you. learn a bit of Thai history over the past decade or two. With over 3,200 posts, you should have realized the irony and economy of words used.

Have a wonderful day!

Final Answer: If his son is Duang, then you have chosen a poor example to support your defense since he did not kill a police officer, which was clearly the point of my post.

Suggest you recognize that your years here have left you jaded and warped.

Cheers

Have a wonderful day!

Final Answer: If his son is Duang, then you have chosen a poor example to support your defense since he did not kill a police officer, which was clearly the point of my post.

Cheers

Due to a strange optical phenomena that surrounds the misdeeds of the wealthy, the many eye witnesses decided that they had all become myopic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalerm_Yubamrung

"Pol.Col. Sathit hasnt allowed the press to take pictures inside Pom Lamai police booth which raised questions among the press and other media outlets, Pol.Col. Sathit answered shortly that while the investigation is underway nobody would be allowed inside the crime scene."

Are they really learning from the death island Koh Tao ?

Or only because it's one of them?

They may actually realise that it is not a good idea to sell tickets at a crime scene so every tom, dick and Harry with thier dogs can trample all over it and destroy evidence. They may also be starting to understand that gruesome photos of victims plastered all over the media can be distressing to families. They may just be tired of being laughed at on social media around the world and have started to adopt an attitude that resembles some sort of professionalism.

One can only hope.

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers

One never knows the final answer in Thailand. But here's a quote that references a Time magazine news article on the subject: http://bangkokdave.blog.com/2012/08/07/chalerm-son-still-the-untouchables/

Last week, even jaded observers of Thailands corrupt and unscrupulous political scene were taken aback by the news that Duang Yubamrung, the son of Deputy PM Chalerm Yubamrung, had joined ranks of the Royal Thai Police (RTP) and, whats more, would serve as its sharp shooter. To anyone familiar with the history of these two men, the news was nothing short of surreal. The idea of Duang donning a police uniform and sharp shooting at something (or worse yet, at someone) is just so wrong on so many levels, you cant help but think its just a really bad joke.

Duangs previous experience with RTP and sharp shooting (of sorts) is widely known in Thailand. The incident that would become Duangs claim to infamy is described in Robert Horns Time magazine piece, The Untouchables:

"On the morning of Oct. 29 [2001], at the Twenty Club discotheque, the three Yubamrung brothers, sons of powerful politician Chalerm Yubamrung, began trading blows with a group of plainclothes police. According to witnesses, Duangchalerm Yubamrung, the youngest of the brothers, had his party restrain Suvichai Rodwimud, a police officer awarded Crimebuster of the Year honors, as he executed him with a bullet to the head."

Granted, after that he did hide for a while, and came back to a trial whose witness developed mass amnesia.

So, my point stands. Not just a cop, but the Crimebuster of the year.

• Like 2

Have a wonderful day!

Cheers

One never knows the final answer in Thailand. But here's a quote that references a Time magazine news article on the subject: http://bangkokdave.blog.com/2012/08/07/chalerm-son-still-the-untouchables/

Last week, even jaded observers of Thailands corrupt and unscrupulous political scene were taken aback by the news that Duang Yubamrung, the son of Deputy PM Chalerm Yubamrung, had joined ranks of the Royal Thai Police (RTP) and, whats more, would serve as its sharp shooter. To anyone familiar with the history of these two men, the news was nothing short of surreal. The idea of Duang donning a police uniform and sharp shooting at something (or worse yet, at someone) is just so wrong on so many levels, you cant help but think its just a really bad joke.

Duangs previous experience with RTP and sharp shooting (of sorts) is widely known in Thailand. The incident that would become Duangs claim to infamy is described in Robert Horns Time magazine piece, The Untouchables:

"On the morning of Oct. 29 [2001], at the Twenty Club discotheque, the three Yubamrung brothers, sons of powerful politician Chalerm Yubamrung, began trading blows with a group of plainclothes police. According to witnesses, Duangchalerm Yubamrung, the youngest of the brothers, had his party restrain Suvichai Rodwimud, a police officer awarded Crimebuster of the Year honors, as he executed him with a bullet to the head."

Granted, after that he did hide for a while, and came back to a trial whose witness developed mass amnesia.

So, my point stands. Not just a cop, but the Crimebuster of the year.

Mmm, I better do more thorough DD before I commit next time ;-)

And you have my sincere apology. Thats real.

I have just become a bit more jaded with your asssistance ;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

No apology necessary, it's a friendly board.

I don't think of it as jaded or cynical, just realistic. There is so much that I love about Thailand, but I'm aware of certain things that are not so nice. Pretty much like any country, but I feel more alive in Thailand :-)

• Like 2

Could you explain to some of readers why the police are going to help out a cop that just killed one of their colleagues and has seriously wounded another?

Your question above wasn't directed at me... But on the point you raise...

The case of the Red Bull heir who ran over and killed a motorcycle cop in BKK comes to mind. People might well wonder, why the police in that case first supported an attempt to divert responsibility for the crime, and then later after that failed, seem to have been quite lax in pursuing the criminal case and prosecution of the responsible party -- even though one of their fellow officers had been killed?

Where was the sense of professional loyalty and kinship in that case?

"Pol.Col. Sathit hasnt allowed the press to take pictures inside Pom Lamai police booth which raised questions among the press and other media outlets, Pol.Col. Sathit answered shortly that while the investigation is underway nobody would be allowed inside the crime scene."

Are they really learning from the death island Koh Tao ?

Or only because it's one of them?

They may actually realise that it is not a good idea to sell tickets at a crime scene so every tom, dick and Harry with thier dogs can trample all over it and destroy evidence. They may also be starting to understand that gruesome photos of victims plastered all over the media can be distressing to families. They may just be tired of being laughed at on social media around the world and have started to adopt an attitude that resembles some sort of professionalism.

that would show some reason.

So it is more likely that it is because it is one of their own, not just a foreinger.

• Like 1

May he rest in peace and my sympathies to his family...and may they try to ignore the fact that there is not much of that shown here so far.

I think most posters comment to the institution with it's bad reputation.

That does not mean they lack sympathy with the concerned.

Your question above wasn't directed at me... But on the point you raise...

The case of the Red Bull heir who ran over and killed a motorcycle cop in BKK comes to mind. People might well wonder, why the police in that case first supported an attempt to divert responsibility for the crime, and then later after that failed, seem to have been quite lax in pursuing the criminal case and prosecution of the responsible party -- even though one of their fellow officers had been killed?

Where was the sense of professional loyalty and kinship in that case?

Probably overrun by their sense of big money inflow

• Like 1

Interesting. When everyone else gets shot, the police cannot get enough pictures, but when it is one of their own, suddenly pictures are not allowed

Hold on the person that did it was a policeman and the 2 shot were also police so I don't really understand your point

Even if the shooter wasn't a policeman it's still Policr been shot

The fact that it was police on police makes it a very sensitive topic

Interesting. When everyone else gets shot, the police cannot get enough pictures, but when it is one of their own, suddenly pictures are not allowed

Hold on the person that did it was a policeman and the 2 shot were also police so I don't really understand your point

Even if the shooter wasn't a policeman it's still Policr been shot

The fact that it was police on police makes it a very sensitive topic

So it wasn't a sensitive topic when a young nude girl was raped and beat to death Koh Tao ?