Furious Samui Police Officer Shoots His Colleagues in Lamai

Lite Beer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this is a terrible incident it is refreshing to see the crime scene not being contaminated with one Officer, Pol. Col. Sathit, preventing people from entering the area. He also prevented the press from taking photographs of the scene, which should have been carried out elsewhere in incidents prior to this.

The press then have the gall to questions the Officer's decision. Who in the hell do they think they are challenging a police decision, which is totally correct. He also advised them that while the investigation was being carried out that nobody would be allowed inside.

Is this the turning of the tide within the RTP, where a good man, who obviously has intelligence and knowledge of investigative procedures, is acting in a manner that will bring some credit to the RTP by bringing the matter to fruition without any outside interference.

I believe there are others in the RTP, who have the same knowledge and skills but are possibly being stymied by others while they attempt to perform their duties. We only get negative reports nothing positive, which allows many on here to continuously criticize the operation and standards displayed.

I know there are many matters that deserve a high level of criticism and allow many to highlight the Keystone cops syndrome, which on some occasions is justified. But in this instance, so far, a job that is being carried out correctly. Praise where Praise is due but I am waiting for the detractors to criticise because those involved are police and that they all look after their own.

Suicide.

Try reading the article.

I reread it and could not find any suspicious circumstances whatsoever.

Must have been suicide.

If you have come to the same conclusion after reading the post twice them may I suggest a visit to the optometrist.

"Pol.Col. Sathit hasnt allowed the press to take pictures inside Pom Lamai police booth which raised questions among the press and other media outlets, Pol.Col. Sathit answered shortly that while the investigation is underway nobody would be allowed inside the crime scene."

Are they really learning from the death island Koh Tao ?

Or only because it's one of them?

They may actually realise that it is not a good idea to sell tickets at a crime scene so every tom, dick and Harry with thier dogs can trample all over it and destroy evidence. They may also be starting to understand that gruesome photos of victims plastered all over the media can be distressing to families. They may just be tired of being laughed at on social media around the world and have started to adopt an attitude that resembles some sort of professionalism.

that would show some reason.

So it is more likely that it is because it is one of their own, not just a foreinger.

Pictures of the Crime scene including the deceased are all over FaceBook now!

Answer to first question: Google the history of Chalerm's son.

Answer to second question: See answer to the first question.

Answer. to third question: No.

Suggest you. learn a bit of Thai history over the past decade or two. With over 3,200 posts, you should have realized the irony and economy of words used.

Have a wonderful day!

Final Answer: If his son is Duang, then you have chosen a poor example to support your defense since he did not kill a police officer, which was clearly the point of my post.

Suggest you recognize that your years here have left you jaded and warped.

Cheers

One never knows the final answer in Thailand. But here's a quote that references a Time magazine news article on the subject: http://bangkokdave.blog.com/2012/08/07/chalerm-son-still-the-untouchables/

Last week, even jaded observers of Thailands corrupt and unscrupulous political scene were taken aback by the news that Duang Yubamrung, the son of Deputy PM Chalerm Yubamrung, had joined ranks of the Royal Thai Police (RTP) and, whats more, would serve as its sharp shooter. To anyone familiar with the history of these two men, the news was nothing short of surreal. The idea of Duang donning a police uniform and sharp shooting at something (or worse yet, at someone) is just so wrong on so many levels, you cant help but think its just a really bad joke.

Duangs previous experience with RTP and sharp shooting (of sorts) is widely known in Thailand. The incident that would become Duangs claim to infamy is described in Robert Horns Time magazine piece, The Untouchables:

"On the morning of Oct. 29 [2001], at the Twenty Club discotheque, the three Yubamrung brothers, sons of powerful politician Chalerm Yubamrung, began trading blows with a group of plainclothes police. According to witnesses, Duangchalerm Yubamrung, the youngest of the brothers, had his party restrain Suvichai Rodwimud, a police officer awarded Crimebuster of the Year honors, as he executed him with a bullet to the head."

Granted, after that he did hide for a while, and came back to a trial whose witness developed mass amnesia.

So, my point stands. Not just a cop, but the Crimebuster of the year.

Mmm, I better do more thorough DD before I commit next time ;-)

And you have my sincere apology. Thats real.

I have just become a bit more jaded with your asssistance ;-)

Yes indeed it is quite real and quite infamous, and more than quite absurd.

Being jaded after a decade her is a useful mind trick to aid in your survival,

and to prevent your head from exploding from Cognitive Dissonance.

The Police box at Lamai is pretty small I have been there asking a question.

that there were only 3 men there at a shift change at 0:100 would make sense

there might be no more than 5-6 at ALL the boxes on a given night.

There is the probable motive and they is Lost Face,

Messing withMia Noi or Money / Tea Money shenanigans.

Any combination of the above or all together.

Sad.

Though most Samui police are an embarrassment to the law profession worldwide, the Lamai police are particularly comical in their exceedingly exception degree of incompetence and inability to solve even the simplest of crimes. Samui is indeed famous for a lack of real law enforcement. They look like cops, they dress like cops, but do they perform any of the duties of cops? No.

• Like 1

"Pol.Col. Sathit hasnt allowed the press to take pictures inside Pom Lamai police booth which raised questions among the press and other media outlets, Pol.Col. Sathit answered shortly that while the investigation is underway nobody would be allowed inside the crime scene."

Are they really learning from the death island Koh Tao ?

Or only because it's one of them?

They may actually realise that it is not a good idea to sell tickets at a crime scene so every tom, dick and Harry with thier dogs can trample all over it and destroy evidence. They may also be starting to understand that gruesome photos of victims plastered all over the media can be distressing to families. They may just be tired of being laughed at on social media around the world and have started to adopt an attitude that resembles some sort of professionalism.

Yea, right. and pigs can fly.

• Like 1

"No ones allowed inside the crime scene"?

Seems that the normal rules of trample over everything like a herd of migrating wilder beast doesn't apply in this case,, because it is a policeman perhaps? Perhaps because they can have an "open" discussion about "monetary compensation" as long as no one can see the scene.

Next week (after appropriate cash has changed hands),, it will be an accident with the gun that mysteriously discharged itself..

Now this is ironic.

The poster who is all in a tizzy because a Korean suggested the Irish drink too much is not in the least offended that lives have been taken by a murderer. In fact, he is actually making jokes about the death of one victim.

Far more concerned about the victim of a few words than the victim of violence.

Cheers

There are no jokes in my post, did you read it?

It is tragic that someone has died and I mean no disrespect to the poor unfortunate. I was merely highlighting the double standards of the police force whereby in this instance they see the importance of protecting the crime scene and yet in other recent incidents we have seen the crime scene treated almost as a social gathering.

Simple as that.

"Pol.Sgt. Matthew Wisala" I did not think foreign Volunteer Police had the right to carry guns?

The article that I read did not mention foreigners nor vounteers. Where did you read this please?

He was probably making an observation to the western name, as it stood out to me when reading the story.

• 2 weeks later...