The Weird / Scamming Farang Encounter Thread

mitsubishi

There used to be a Farang in Udon Thani,who would bore anyone who would listen,about his cure for cancer,apparently he used a secret herbal recipe,concocted from rain forest plants in Thailand. He used to go into great detail of people he had cured,and just that day,he was the happiest man in world because he had saved someone who had liver cancer,and now was cured! I never did show any interest in this con,so I never got told the cost of this cancer cure!

• Like 2

In Khao San Road one day a 50+ year old English guy came up to me asked me for money to get a cab back to his hotel in Suhkumvit. He said he'd been robbed by a Thai chick he met in Gullivers the previous night and had no money to get back to his real hotel. Then he took off his shirt and shoved it in my face, and said he'd sell it to me for 200 baht. He started blabbering about it being a genuine English football jersey and talking about his favorite team, all in the middle of the street with no shirt on and people staring at us. My girlfriend was with me so she saved me and dragged me away, which made him start shouting 'all you Thais are the same!!!'

I told my friends about it later that night and they all thought I was a hardass and should have helped him. However a few nights later they were approached by the same guy, with the same story about being robbed, so that's when they realized there are also farang scammers in Thailand.

• Like 1

There's a forum I occasionally read, you know, online, it's about Thailand.

There's a group of digital pikeys on there that reakon they're under 30y.o. And making the big bucks.....many of them proclaim to be wealthy Entrepeneurs. Many of them seem to be rorting the visa system & live in 3000 baht per month rooms, scratching around the sois and drinking beer on the steps of seven eleven.

I reakon they'd be some of the shadiest type characters. I've come accross.

It's not TV is it?! LOL or more likely TD?

We had one up north basically getting paid by the welfare state of his home country (take a wild guess which one) for being an alcoholic. He made enough each week to live and smash himself to bits off the thai booze. He was in his 30s but looked over 50! I told his relative to turn him in (to the Euro-country he was from) but he wouldn't do it as he was 'family'.

A bloke "usa I think" had a broom and was sweeping the foot path, as I approched he claimed he was doing a good job keeping everything clean and therefore I should give him just 100-200 baht to help him out. As he seemed to be the type to turn nasty if I refused I choose to say no and he turned nasty hitting the taxi I got into with his broom and shouting what fat bad man I was. Comical really. I often say no to white beggers just because I know they will go nuclear when they don't get a free hand out.

That's what I noticed from the 'Danish' scammer, if looks could kill I'd of fallen down into the market stalls there and then (as I turned). As I walked away I swear I could feel the back of my neck prickle from the hate he had for being 'cheated'.

I've never seen a hardware store near Robinson's.

There is one, but you have to walk west on that side of the road for a few hundred yards before you pass it on your right. There's some pharmacy store further on and on the right also iirc.

It's more of a mom and pop store that sells tons of tools, bric-a-brac etc.

If you insist I'll get a pic next time I'm in the area...

Edited by mitsubishi
  • Like 1

I find it weird that I have never met a scamming / weird Farang here in Thailand. I must be frequenting all the wrong places.

This was in a bookstore of all places mate, not the type of place I expected the surprise spammer to leap into either but in he walked (or not maybe?). LOL

The famous Swedish scammer is back in Khaosan road. There was a long thread about him about two months ago. And they collected money here at TV for airplane tickets and other stuff. Now he is begging for money again.

Good lord are there that many gullible fools on TV nowadays?!

I was scam one time in Bangkok and it was by a Japanese man. Very early in the morning I was checking out of the hotel to go to the airport, I ordered a taxi the day before and since he was there the Japanese guy tried to take the taxi from me. I and the guy from the hotel explain to the guy that I reserved this taxi the day before and it was mine, he explains to us that he really needs a taxi to the airport because he will miss his flight, the hotel guy asks him at what airport, he was going and he said Suvarnabhumi so the guy asks me if it was ok with me to share the taxi since I was going there, I said ok no problem. Gone to the airport, arriving it was time to pay the taxi, but the guy told me he had no money so I paid the driver since it was not a very big deal. I check in and they give me my boarding pass and up to my flight to Tokyo, surprised, surprised, the guy sitting next to me, the Japanese guy from the taxi, lolll. I tried to speak to him about that, but he would not speak to me. He asks the flight attendant to change seats and he got it, later she asks me why and I told her the story. Arriving in Tokyo, waiting in line for immigration, I saw her coming at me with a cop, she told my story to the cop and they ask me to identify the guy, which I did. We pass immigration and went to an ATM with the guy and the cop, he took some money out and paid me, lollll, what a prick, loll.

• Like 1

The famous Swedish scammer is back in Khaosan road. There was a long thread about him about two months ago. And they collected money here at TV for airplane tickets and other stuff. Now he is begging for money again.

Certainly wasn't me that donated any money. People like that Swede tool should really not be allowed to enter the country. Surely immigration can blacklist these scammers.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I was scam one time in Bangkok and it was by a Japanese man. Very early in the morning I was checking out of the hotel to go to the airport, I ordered a taxi the day before and since he was there the Japanese guy tried to take the taxi from me. I and the guy from the hotel explain to the guy that I reserved this taxi the day before and it was mine, he explains to us that he really needs a taxi to the airport because he will miss his flight, the hotel guy asks him at what airport, he was going and he said Suvarnabhumi so the guy asks me if it was ok with me to share the taxi since I was going there, I said ok no problem. Gone to the airport, arriving it was time to pay the taxi, but the guy told me he had no money so I paid the driver since it was not a very big deal. I check in and they give me my boarding pass and up to my flight to Tokyo, surprised, surprised, the guy sitting next to me, the Japanese guy from the taxi, lolll. I tried to speak to him about that, but he would not speak to me. He asks the flight attendant to change seats and he got it, later she asks me why and I told her the story. Arriving in Tokyo, waiting in line for immigration, I saw her coming at me with a cop, she told my story to the cop and they ask me to identify the guy, which I did. We pass immigration and went to an ATM with the guy and the cop, he took some money out and paid me, lollll, what a prick, loll.

>>but the guy told me he had no money so I paid the driver since it was not a very big deal.<< maybe he just had no Baht .lol

Certainly wasn't me that donated any money. People like that Swede tool should really not be allowed to enter the country. Surely immigration can blacklist these scammers.

Nobody with a working brain donated. Then there were the rest....

• Like 1