Got 3rd Non Ed Visa in Vientiane no questions asked

I've been staying in Thailand for 2 1/2 years on several tourist and non Ed visas. Initially, booked a flight to Udon Thani. However, after reading about immigration at Nong Khai turning back Non Ed holders who didn't have cancelation letters from current school and by the advice of my new school, I ate the 900 baht UT flight and booked a flight direct to Vientiane.

I had no issues in Vientiane other than those damn tuk tuks are expensive!

Edited by poppyt
  • Like 1

Sorry for asking a dumb question but what is a non ed visa? Im looking at all options to stay on here next year after my business visa expires. An ed visa is looking good - but havent heard of a non-ed visa.

Hi,

In the passport it`s (type of visa) Non-Immigrant , (Category) ED

Best Regards

Bjorn

• Like 2

Where you there 9/11/14, when the place has over 500 people applying that day!

I was there that day applying for my education visa, my number in queue was 313. I was finished at the embassy by noon or so if memory serves.....I used a visa service and was on the mini bus all night so the morning is almost a blur haha.

This was my first visa run so I was assuming the embassy is always that busy with visa applications. Is it not always that busy? Perhaps it was a little extra busy do to the holiday earlier in the week.

Where you there 9/11/14, when the place has over 500 people applying that day!

I was there that day applying for my education visa, my number in queue was 313. I was finished at the embassy by noon or so if memory serves.....I used a visa service and was on the mini bus all night so the morning is almost a blur haha.

This was my first visa run so I was assuming the embassy is always that busy with visa applications. Is it not always that busy? Perhaps it was a little extra busy do to the holiday earlier in the week.

I've made quite a few visa runs over the past few years and I think that was the busiest I have seen it. Glad it all worked out for ya!

Monday and Thursday are the busy days because those are the days that the visa run company vans show up.

Go on Tuesday or Wednesday and it will not be as busy. Friday is even better but you have to wait until Monday to get your visa.

• Like 1