Where can I buy the Probox2 EX 4K Android TV Box

n210mp

Just thinking about buying an Android streaming box and was impressed by this one;

Does anyone know where I can acquire one from in Thailand or better still in Pattaya and if they know this model and have any criticism or comments about it

Would also like to know the minimum internet speeds that these boxes work well on

Probox2 EX 4K Android TV Box

Dear MODS

I realise that I may be in the wrong forum but because local knowledge may be best known in the general forum I posted here, would appreciate if you could leave here for a couple of days

Tried Lasada but its not there and they have others that sound good but not as good as this one,

Thanks

If you want LOCAL knowledge then the Pattaya forum is where this should be not general.

MOVED

No CharlieH not so and this is the reason, from my post of course I asked for it to remain the general forum;

" where I can acquire one from in Thailand or better still in Pattaya:"

​But then again thanks for your help, maybe there will be someone in Pattaya who knows of the box

Looks like Minix X8 clone, identical specs.

Lazada, Fortune, Pantip, etc.

Never seen them in Pattaya (like most of the interesting stuff...sad.png )

Thanks for the link.

I think that the Probox is slightly in front of the Minix and when I tried to get a "review" on the two sets I came up with this;

http://www.amazon.com/MINIX-NEO-X8H-Bluetoorh-Wireless/dp/B00KL5NWHM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405260471&sr=8-2&keywords=minix+x8-h&tag=3424151-20

Which may well be a more updated model than the one in your link

I will read specs on both

Edit

There is the same updated model on Lasada which is 1000Baht more.

Looks as though I will be going for that one and once again thanks for your link I wouldn't have got to the updated one without it

Once again thanks for your imput

Edited by n210mp

Minix X8 doesn't support Dolby DTS HW-video decoding and has only 8GB internal memory instead of 16GB compared with the X8-H.

Chipset, Ram, Wifi, etc. all same same.

Not the faintest idea between them all

but a guy in pattaya comes with the box and installs all programmes for 5000 baht

But the guy comes with which box?

That's the more interesting part...

Edited by Turkleton

Minix X8 doesn't support Dolby DTS HW-video decoding and has only 8GB internal memory instead of 16GB compared with the X8-H.

but a guy in pattaya comes with the box and installs all programmes for 5000 baht

Looks as though I will be going for the X8-H then, unless you can recommend any other box which maybe better?

It hardly matters if 8 or 16 gb storage,if like UKTV you can store whatever on the computer hard drive. Think a minimum of 10 mb speed needed

Pardon my ignorance but what is an Android streaming box and do we need a subscription like I have with Truevision to be able to watch TV or we only need an internet access?

Welcome to the workd of free tv, movies and radio. 8 months ago I asked a similar question and since then I have bought a preprogrammed android box, then I bought a minix x8-8 and programmed it my self and finally I build and Intel windows based home theatre PC.

An android box like the minix x8-8 costs between 4-5,000 baht. It comes already loaded with a program called xbmc ( now Kodi). You connect the box to the Internet and plug the box into to your tv with a hdmi cable and you now have over 2 million hours of tv and movies at your finger tips with new tv shows being added every day. You also have live sports but you need to do a little set up first.

Pretty much you have every season and every episode of your favorite tv shows. New episodes of current tv shows are added hours after they run in the states or uk. You have them before Truevisions have them. Movies currently in the box office take a little longer to appear but any movie older then 6 months is there on demand.

Xbmc can be a little fiddlly and when you first get your box you will need to download what they call a repository from a site called tvaddons.ag. The download is called fusion and it includes a setup wizard for your xbmc. They have u tube videos and instructions to walk you through every step of the process. In addition they have a forum which you can read.

Finally you can ask questions here as a lot of tv members use xbmc and there is even a thai visa member that has developed live tv addons for xbmc that you are included when you download the fusion repisitory.

• Like 2

Thank you, there are everything except live news like CNN and BBC since all is recorded after diffusion?

No you get live BBC CNN Etc. On my xbmc setup I get live CNN, BBC, Sky ( including sky sports and F1) I also get ABC, NBC, Fox, a Los angles station I for get which one, AMC, HBO, CW, etc etc

If you use the MX repisitory on xbmc then u can get all the bbc stations, all the thai stations and there is bunch if news stations. After you install fusion you just add the Mx addon.

If you want a more customized set up like mine it takes around 15 mins to set up and requirers you to enable a couple of addons and key in a couple of Internet addresses. This gives me around 300 live tv stations. There are other setups that can give you over 1400 stations but I find the 300 I have are more that enough for me.

• Like 1

Great responses and good info, thank you guys.

I am in the process of ordering the Minix 8 (the latest version but because it is Sat night cannot get info on the quickest delivery so will wait for Monday, do not think that it is available in Pattaya , I think it has to be ordered through Lasada or Gearbest where it seems the best prices and delivery are!

am heartily sick of the repeat programs on TMP which I am having to enjoy now, not being in the True vision league for making high payments for watching the telly

Make sure u order the minix neo x8-h as its the highest spec model. Not the x8

Yes AJ I certainly will and at the moment there seems to be a shortage in Thailand of the better Spec model so I am looking at Alibaba

Interesting. My UKTV contract comes to an end soon,and was recommended an android box. Not the faintest idea between them all

For your information

I rang the number of a man who works for NumChai Pattaya who offered a Minix Neo 5 with installation for 5K Baht

The Minix NEO 5 can be bought for 2300 Baht from the internet in Thailand and maybe less from TUKcom Pattaya or Pantip Bangkok.

Lasada are offering a MINIX NEO X8-H (X8H) at 5900 Baht but they do not say f they are also including the air M1 mouse which all the other internet suppliers including Alibaba and Ebay are throwing in for around 500 Baht less

​Other internet sellers that I have contacted and have been mentioned in this thread are also waiting for new stock so it seems that this model is very popular and in heavy demand

Went to the 3rd floor of TUK COM today and the one supplier who actually does sell Android boxes has sold out of the MINIX NEO X8-H (X8H) with the next lot coming in after the 29th of this month.

I have provisionally ordered one with him unless I can get one from another local (Thailand) source)

If anyone knows where there are any in stock in Thailand I would appreciate knowing

Amazon are selling them at $159,but obviously getting them here is a problem

Thanks for that

but the only problem with the UK or China suppliers is that you can be caught in the import duty lottery or have postal problems

In any event I have now bought one for 4880 Baht from lazada including the M1 air mouse so I am waiting with enthusiastic anticipation for that which hopefully should arrive within 5 days (if they have not already run out of stock for this item)

If you are looking for the best of the bunch at this price range then I can say that after all my research, this is the one to buy the only problem is that now people are beginning to understand the value of these boxes the best, like this one, are being bought up to the extent that at least in the Pattaya area no one one has any stock left.

I have included the link on the basis that it was the best local deal that I found after searching for at least two days off and on

http://www.lazada.co.th/minix-neo-x8-h-black-226700.html

The problem then begins of how to set it all up.

I have moved the internet cable near to the back of the TV so that I can get a direct wire internet supply without the built in Wifi working and hence losing a percentage of the limited internet speed I have here from 3BB (8Mgs)

In trying in prepare for the arrival of the Minix and to increase my knowledge base of how to set the MInix up when it comes I downloaded the PC version of XMBC onto my laptop and played around with it for over an hour and but was stumped with all the technical jargon that the different Youtube videos give me in their tutorials.

Well I suppose I am on a learning curve but if anyone knows of a "Simple Simon" way of setting one of these boxes up I would appreciate them passing on their knowledge

Edited by n210mp

Pardon my ignorance but what is an Android streaming box and do we need a subscription like I have with Truevision to be able to watch TV or we only need an internet access?

Welcome to the workd of free tv, movies and radio. 8 months ago I asked a similar question and since then I have bought a preprogrammed android box, then I bought a minix x8-8 and programmed it my self and finally I build and Intel windows based home theatre PC.

An android box like the minix x8-8 costs between 4-5,000 baht. It comes already loaded with a program called xbmc ( now Kodi). You connect the box to the Internet and plug the box into to your tv with a hdmi cable and you now have over 2 million hours of tv and movies at your finger tips with new tv shows being added every day. You also have live sports but you need to do a little set up first.

Pretty much you have every season and every episode of your favorite tv shows. New episodes of current tv shows are added hours after they run in the states or uk. You have them before Truevisions have them. Movies currently in the box office take a little longer to appear but any movie older then 6 months is there on demand.

Xbmc can be a little fiddlly and when you first get your box you will need to download what they call a repository from a site called tvaddons.ag. The download is called fusion and it includes a setup wizard for your xbmc. They have u tube videos and instructions to walk you through every step of the process. In addition they have a forum which you can read.

Finally you can ask questions here as a lot of tv members use xbmc and there is even a thai visa member that has developed live tv addons for xbmc that you are included when you download the fusion repisitory.

I'm another newbie. I understand that XBMC is a media player software program that runs on an android box connected to the internet. My question is, where exactly does the content come from? AJBangkok's statement "Welcome to the world of free tv, movies, and radio" sounds too good to be true, unless legalities are being swept under the rug. How are copyright issues handled when the description above states that shows and movies are almost immediately available? Could someone address the legality of this "free" scheme?

I have moved the internet cable near to the back of the TV so that I can get a direct wire internet supply without the built in Wifi working and hence losing a percentage of the limited internet speed I have here from 3BB (8Mgs)

In trying in prepare for the arrival of the Minix and to increase my knowledge base of how to set the MInix up when it comes I downloaded the PC version of XMBC onto my laptop and played around with it for over an hour and but was stumped with all the technical jargon that the different Youtube videos give me in their tutorials.

Well I suppose I am on a learning curve but if anyone knows of a "Simple Simon" way of setting one of these boxes up I would appreciate them passing on their knowledge

This youtube tutorial video shows the latest Kodi (XBMC) installation and is quite well presented.

• Like 1

This youtube tutorial video shows the latest Kodi (XBMC) installation and is quite well presented.

Thanks for that will give it a try, maybe its an age thing with me, I used to be able to follow directions quite well but then that was before the onset of "Old timers disease"

I'm another newbie. I understand that XBMC is a media player software program that runs on an android box connected to the internet. My question is, where exactly does the content come from? AJBangkok's statement "Welcome to the world of free tv, movies, and radio" sounds too good to be true, unless legalities are being swept under the rug. How are copyright issues handled when the description above states that shows and movies are almost immediately available? Could someone address the legality of this "free" scheme?

It's not legal, it violates every copyright law known to man, but that's the internet for you.

If your moral compass can tolerate that, then XBMC is possibly the best streaming system available.

Personally I have no problems with that [emoji2]

• Like 1