Udon Thani: 193 foreigners face visa revocation for faking marriage with Thai women

webfact

At least no Greeks involved this time......................

Do you think they are coming to Khon Kaen or am I safe for the moment?

KK already on the case with this.......

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/770664-thai-police-to-check-on-foreigners-involved-in-marriage-scam/?hl=%20khon%20%20kaen%20%20immigration

I have a friend of a friend of a friend of a 5th cousin who can help you........................coffee1.gif

ED visa seems easier to get with less requirements than a marriage visa. What am i missing?

The ED visa is only good for 3 years... there are ways to get a couple more years out of it, but that's all you get.

Er, I'm not suggesting that the marriage route is a good solution either, it's just longer than 3+ years.

Edited by timmyp

So what corrective actions are the boys in head office going to do to prevent recurrence. Oh, sorry that language is to strong and business like for the front office. Maybe deport them, wait 12 months then deport the next lot. Howzat !

A Thai women went to the Amphur to get married and was told that she was already married Then it came out that a woman working there was selling these Thai ladies names for marriage. Something like 70,000 Baht a pop, As reported here about two weeks ago.

I have misplaced the English word for someone who sells their own people. The Chinese call them snakeheads. The Thai word is...........???

The 193 could have surely found themselves a proper wife in Thailand in the flesh rather than just in the name there are millions of ladies in Thailand looking for foreign husband and just join Thai Visa Forum and plenty pop up dating sites in your face all the time.

I think you are safe. No other Greeks would dare go to Khon Kaen, as they might be wrongly identified as Costas.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 1

No problem they can then go to the UK and the same. This time they can claim some benefits perhaps

No' perhaps' about it.

Plus free housing, medical, schooling.

Libraries that have volumes of English books removed and replaced with books in their own language...Never mind they do not visit libraries to read but to hang out in winter weather.

And god help the digusting white racist that attempts to complain about this favourable treatment to the poor just married non English speaking guy.

Come on, all Indians speak perfect Oxford English....... clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Just wonder why, after 5 min, I couldn't still figure out if they were talking English or Hindi, or whatever else.w00t.gif

More scumbag foreigners making it more difficult for the honest ones in the future. I hope they are all deported and the Thai women involved spend some serious time in prison. Every time a dumb ass foreigner tries to pull something like this i do hope they get nailed including the woman on the twenty years of dodgy visas. I wonder how many dodgy Euros are hiding here. Time to start knocking on every door. The honest ones have got nothing to worry about.

So I take it Costas2008 is also ablo to stay in Thailand due to a fake marriage. We are coming for you soon. Thank you for letting us know you are Greek and residing in Khon Kaen. Now we know where to start looking.

Edited by ldiablo

A Thai women went to the Amphur to get married and was told that she was already married Then it came out that a woman working there was selling these Thai ladies names for marriage. Something like 70,000 Baht a pop, As reported here about two weeks ago.

I have misplaced the English word for someone who sells their own people. The Chinese call them snakeheads. The Thai word is...........???

politician?

• Like 1

I agree that it is now time to cut through the red tape and show us ''The foreigners'' who read these news articles and who can understand what goes on, to begin a new era of exposing these Thai officials caught up in this criminal activity. Everyone with half a brain knows this is not possible without the immigrations blessing and this is from the top down. This is exactly the same principle as steeling from your employer, they should all get the sack and be subjected to a televised court hearing so everyone who works in these privileged positions of power can think twice about their own activities.

these immigrant people must be really desperate to think that thailand is a land of hope, and try with a fake marriage to do something here.

another nonsense is that with the status of married with a thai wife you get a non immigrant visa....well....wai2.gif when is the thai government going to accept and realise that a husband living with his wife in one country long term, if it is not his country then he become an immigrant or his wife become an immigrant if she goes to his country...as simple as that!

this label of non immigrant doesnt reflect the reality of many people living in thailand,..... or write it in thai where fast nobody understand, but not in english, it is an insult to our intelligence

coffee1.gif

And the Thai officials that made this opportunity to cheat the system possible.................... what will happen to them.

If the service was not offered by a Thai then the opportunity would never have arisen. Soooooo, are they getting arrested OR WAT ? bah.gif

Not arrested, traaaaaaaansferred.

I think you are safe. No other Greeks would dare go to Khon Kaen, as they might be wrongly identified as Costas.

Not unless they wear those miniskirts.

Mother?