BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Udon Thani: 193 foreigners face visa revocation for faking marriage with Thai women

Just to keep playing field level (as if!) can I sue my ex for fraud regarding our "marriage" which she wanted to try to con me into taking to USA? (didn't bite on that part of the apple, thank you).

I've read plenty and heard of plenty of stories of Thai women already married that lasso some innocent trusting farang like myself (aka idiot). Isn't that obtaining money under false circumstances hence illegal, or perhaps "reserved occupation"?

No problem they can then go to the UK and the same. This time they can claim some benefits perhaps

No' perhaps' about it.

Plus free housing, medical, schooling.

Libraries that have volumes of English books removed and replaced with books in their own language...Never mind they do not visit libraries to read but to hang out in winter weather.

And god help the digusting white racist that attempts to complain about this favourable treatment to the poor just married non English speaking guy.

Come on, all Indians speak perfect Oxford English....... clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Just wonder why, after 5 min, I couldn't still figure out if they were talking English or Hindi, or whatever else.w00t.gif

I don't know many western people here in Thailand who speak Oxford English. when you start making broad assumptions about any ethnic group - you can start to sound racist. The ability to speak English is based on education and environment - not by the color of one's skin.

Edited by KED

The nationalities mentioned are interesting ...

I breathing free again,

Nigerians not missing ,

ED visa seems easier to get with less requirements than a marriage visa. What am i missing?

Taking an educated guess, I would say that these foreigners have intentions of using their bogus wives as Thai upfront names perhaps to acquire land, real estate and businesses or to get them some sorts of footholds in the country, year by year, which is not possible to do on an education visa.

I would bet that these cases are only the tip of the iceberg, and that marriages of convenience are probably rampant in Thailand.

• Like 1

I thought to get a visa based on marriage in Thailand you need photo's taken together and various copies of other documents.

ED visa seems easier to get with less requirements than a marriage visa. What am i missing?

Taking an educated guess, I would say that these foreigners have intentions of using their bogus wives as Thai upfront names perhaps to acquire land, real estate and businesses or to get them some sorts of footholds in the country, year by year, which is not possible to do on an education visa.

I would bet that these cases are only the tip of the iceberg, and that marriages of convenience are probably rampant in Thailand.

I can assure you my 7 year marriage is an inconvenient truth lol

phew just won the lottery, i picked 194

I guess they found 193 women who say they are not married anymore to their husbands. I wonder do the husbands have a say in this???

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of trouble to just stay in Thailand. Why not just get an ED visa?

Too dumb to study?

Your safe unless you one of those that milk badgers. Rumor has it there only going after badger milkers at this time.cheesy.gif

How much booze did you down already today? Did i hit a nerve that reminded you of yourself?

Yea because the foreigners are either alcoholics and or dumb as a brick. (1) they marry either a bar girl or massage girl. (2) The guy made zero effort to learn Thai. How many foreigners can you think of that speaks half decent Thai ? I can think of three that i have met in twenty years none including myself married a bar girl. I have zero sympathy for these suckers. Not a day barely goes by where i either don,t read a story or meet someone who has married a very questionable woman. Not someone i would be proud to meet my parents.

so many thai women fake a marriage for a few months or years, and they get free houses, cars, bank accounts

That speak(s) (or write half decent English!).

I bet your days "barely go by"!

And no they probably would not like to meet your parents!

If you "don't read a story" then you...well, don't!

Dumb as a brick.

Jeepers mate, good to hear you are on top of things after 20 years!

This story broke a few weeks back when a young Thai lady applied for marriage, and found out she was already married. The Thai official/s that provided the names for this scheme were ID but they didn't name any names of the wrong doers. Maybe because the investigation was ongoing. However it would be nice to see justice and have names named and provide what ever punishment they got, ie slap on the wrist no milk with dinner ect