Business visa on arrival

I've been given and invitation letter (that states my name and passport number) from a Myanmar company and a copy of their company registration certificate and was told that these are all that I need to get a business visa on arrival at Yangon airport. Is this correct?

I will be arriving at around 21:00 on Monday. Is the visa on arrival counter open at that time?

What is the cost for the business visa on arrival?

Documentation is correct, but the visa still needs to be pre-arranged in advance. They they issue you an approval letter, which you show to the airline to get on board the flight. If you can talk your way through the check in procedure without it, then you stand a chance on arrival.

But the correct procedure it to get pre-approval in advance of travel

Sending you a PM with details of someone you can contact to check on this, they may be able to help you in Yangon if you require assistance

• Like 2

Documentation is correct, but the visa still needs to be pre-arranged in advance. They they issue you an approval letter, which you show to the airline to get on board the flight.

Would the company who gave me the documents have pre-arranged for me already?

If you can talk your way through the check in procedure without it, then you stand a chance on arrival.

I usually do a web check-in that gives me a QR code on my smartphone that I then have scanned at a machine in Don Meaung to get a boarding pass. So I never actually need to use a check-in counter. The only check for a visa by airline staff is at the terminal gate very quickly just before boarding. Would the invitation letter and company registration documents pass that check?

When you say "stand a chance", does that mean that it's still possible to get the visa on arrival and enter Myanmar without pre-arrangement and the apporval letter based on past cases that you know of?

If I do manage to arrive at Yangon airport, would a call to my business contact there quickly resolve any issues?

Documentation is correct, but the visa still needs to be pre-arranged in advance. They they issue you an approval letter, which you show to the airline to get on board the flight.

If you can talk your way through the check in procedure without it, then you stand a chance on arrival.

I usually do a web check-in that gives me a QR code on my smartphone that I then have scanned at a machine in Don Meaung to get a boarding pass. So I never actually need to use a check-in counter. The only check for a visa by airline staff is at the terminal gate very quickly just before boarding. Would the invitation letter and company registration documents pass that check?

When you say "stand a chance", does that mean that it's still possible to get the visa on arrival and enter Myanmar without pre-arrangement and the apporval letter based on past cases that you know of?

If I do manage to arrive at Yangon airport, would a call to my business contact there quickly resolve any issues?

yes; thats what i did in July with my pre approved letter an info

you need do the pre approved route UNLESS ur flying using Myanmar air from SR or PP for some reason

If you show up without the pre approved ur screwd.

look up myanmarvisa in ur se

• Normal Business Visa : Need 5 Working Days to process.Good for 70 days.
  • Express Business Visa : Need 1 Working Day to process.Good for 70 days.

If they had done, they should have sent you a letter advising that they had already applied for the VOA at least 7 days before your arrival (or confirming one had been approved). Not all companies in Myanmar are aware of this if they have not provided documentation for a Biz VOA before.

The Myanmar side of the pre-approval process matches your arriving name and flight details to the pre-approved Visa, and they are then all prepared and ready as each inbound flight arrives. You come down the escalators and turn left, and just ahead of you on the right side is a clearly marked L shaped counter for Visas On Arrival. And they will have it waiting there for you.

I know of at least 3 cases in the past year where people managed to get to Yangon without showing documentation (they had the same documentation as you - invitation letter & company reg), but they were turned back at the VOA counter because the visas had not been applied for in advance. I know of 2 more cases where they were able to call a company contact who then came to the airport and sorted something out

I know Tourist Visa needs pre-approved Visa. But never heard about Biz visa needs to be pre-arranged. I have traveled from BKK and Singapore and as long as you have those up-to-date documents. And do not forget to bring a crisp dollar note.

So far I have traveled to there using this method since last year Oct , If i recalled correctly

Edited by CP3
  • Like 1

I managed to get a Myanmar business visa on arrival at Yangon airport at around 21:00 last night using:

Invitation letter

Company registration certificate

1 passport photo

50 USD

At the boarding gate, airline staff (as usual) asked whether I had a visa so I showed the invitation letter and company registration certificate and said I'll get a visa on arrival. The girl carefully checked both and then let me through.

• Like 2

I managed to get a Myanmar business visa on arrival at Yangon airport at around 21:00 last night using:

Invitation letter

Company registration certificate

1 passport photo

50 USD

At the boarding gate, airline staff (as usual) asked whether I had a visa so I showed the invitation letter and company registration certificate and said I'll get a visa on arrival. The girl carefully checked both and then let me through.

Excellent news, thanks for posting back. Looks like they have laid the pre-arranged side of it to rest.

Did they give you the form to fill out at the counter, then ask you to wait again a few minutes?

How long did the process take this time?

cheers

SVB

• Like 1

You will have to fill up the form if you have yet one. Then give it to them at right window and collect at left. If not many people, the process is pretty fast.

The process I understand - have done this several times before.

Was just curious to see if there had been any recent changes, and how long it currently takes. It is always to good to keep this information up to date.

Visa-on-Arrival-in-Yangon-International-

In order to get business visa on arrival, you need to provide the followings to the immigration.

1. Invitation letter from a Myanmar based company

2. Company registration certificates

3. (2) recent photos of yours

This service can be offered by MyanmarVisaExpert.com and you can see at below link too.

http://myanmarvisaexpert.com/business-visa/

Thanks.

MyanmarVisaExpert

• Like 2