Body found on beach

Lite Beer

Body found on beach

The body of a man suspected to be the missing Swiss tourist was found on the beach in Khanom district of Nakhon Si Thammarat Friday morning.

The body was badly decomposed and could not be identified. However, his blue plant is still on and there are two wrist bands and tattoos are still visible on his arms.

61-year old Mr Chamnong Srisang stumbled on the body swept on the beach as he was jogging. He then alerted the police who quickly arrived at the scene with rescue workers.

Police prohibited the rescue workers from posting the body on the social media until it could be determined who he was. The body was later sent to the forensic medicine centre in Surat Thani for examination and identification.

It was initially suspected that the body could belong to a Swiss tourist who went missing from Koh Tao in Surat Thani on November 8.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/body-found-beach/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-14

I thought he had already been found "between Koh Pha-Ngan and Koh Tao".

News story was posted to TV, two days ago?

So, therefore, at least one of the stories is totally wrong.

Both stories are weird if one is to assume the body arrived at the finding place by natural means. Koh Phanghan is South of Tao. N Sri Thammarat is far South from Tao. Winds are coming from the East-north-east. Currents are northern easterly. Most likely a body floating from Koh Tao would end up somewhere around Chumphon or even Hua Hin.

• Like 1

I thought he had already been found "between Koh Pha-Ngan and Koh Tao".

News story was posted to TV, two days ago?

A

So, therefore, at least one of the stories is totally wrong.

Both stories are weird if one is to assume the body arrived at the finding place by natural means. Koh Phanghan is South of Tao. N Sri Thammarat is far South from Tao. Winds are coming from the East-north-east. Currents are northern easterly. Most likely a body floating from Koh Tao would end up somewhere around Chumphon or even Hua Hin.

Sailor,

The Swiss snorkeler was reportedly wearing orange or yellow swim trunks, right?

Like you, I am surprised of the location of the body if it is him.

Primarily because he was snorkeling the lee waters of KT and it would seem had he lost consciousness in that area then he would never have been pulled away from the island. I am not one to go for conspiracy theory but this is a bit surprising.

Do you sail those waters?

I don't know if you actually live down that way but winds were strong from the NE for the 2-3 days surrounding his disappearance and creating fairly large and strong surface currents, if thats helpful.

Edited by ClutchClark

As tourism rightfully drops in thailand, attacks on tourists will multiply. Travelling to thailand has always brought many attacks and deaths, but all that was hidden in the numbers and silenced by police the media. Now there are not more deaths than before, they are just noisier in the press.

Wait after a couple of years of touris draught and crisis and you will see 10 times more attacks on tourists. Get out of there when its still time.

Jeezuz fellas.. the amount of dysfunktion on this forum is getting to rival YouBoob commentardism

I know a hater gotta hate but why the terminally stankful baiting going on here??

Let's get some facts right once and for all:

The guy was Swiss and floating around for a few days... you gotta expect more than a few holes in this story emkay

deal with it but don't make a meal of it

puhleeeze

• Like 2

As tourism rightfully drops in thailand, attacks on tourists will multiply. Travelling to thailand has always brought many attacks and deaths, but all that was hidden in the numbers and silenced by police the media. Now there are not more deaths than before, they are just noisier in the press.

Wait after a couple of years of touris draught and crisis and you will see 10 times more attacks on tourists. Get out of there when its still time.

Robot post, probably of dubious ethnic origin (you can tell by the atrocious grimmer and week spalling)

flagged as non-human

Edited by blundaman

My question is how many bodies are floating off Koh Tao

As quoted by another member earlier Koh Tao " Hub of Death "

Tourist should be informed of the dangers lurking at Koh Tao and just forget about this place as a Tourist Destination.....

My question.... What happened to " Amazing Thailand " I got to know 15 years back when I came here the first time ?

• Like 1

And the blue plant was sticking out from where? What kind of plant was it? Might be interesting to some readers with a green thumb... Does anyone proofread this crap?

Maybe "pant".

I rather enjoy these little bloopers because it keeps a mind active just like any good puzzle.

Life is what you make it. You can choose to find fault and complaint or you can find the positive.

Up to each of us.

Confused. On a well known FB page there are photos of a man that was discovered dead in the sea by fisherman. The photos show the poor man in the net with all the fish. But this news article on TV today says a man discovered a body on the beach. So are there two dead men that have been found like others posters have queried?

This article says a body was found on the beach on Tuesday 11th November;

http://www.thephuketnews.com/body-found-off-koh-tao-possibly-missing-swiss-tourist-49584.php

And the Thai PBS says a body was found on the beach on Friday. I assume that means yesterday the 14th?

Edited by catsanddogs

My question is how many bodies are floating off Koh Tao

Yes. where found, when. Can`t both be the missing Swiss guy can they,

No FB from rescue workers so just have to wait for RTP or have they learnt some compassion and discretion? Or just holding out for higher photo prices? Surely not.