Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the rumour on this one then?

Suicide by shark. Mental disturbance as knew too much about `something` I hear.

More seriously, does seem to be a few more drownings than usual?

Poor guy RIP, oh and where is the Swiss one now?

Could these deaths be related to jellyfish which seems to be rampant now in the area ?

"What is a typical European Tatoo?"

Something written in Chinese that someone told them means "Harmony", but really means

"Swift-dumb"?

Just what I was thinking.

Here is the tattoo in question

No Chinese writing, I guess this is what a Euro tattoo looks like.

The image did not attach.

Besides, we were making a joke.

And there is certainly a difference between the types of tattoos people receive depending on regions.

To think that a Thai or Laotian desires the same tattoo as the typical American is absurd.

I think its possible you are stuck on some PC thought that says "generalizations about a culture are bad" without using any intellect to see that the shoe often fits.

"What is a typical European Tatoo?"

Something written in Chinese that someone told them means "Harmony", but really means

"Swift-dumb"?

Just what I was thinking.

Here is the tattoo in question

No Chinese writing, I guess this is what a Euro tattoo looks like.

The image did not attach.

Besides, we were making a joke.

And there is certainly a difference between the types of tattoos people receive depending on regions.

To think that a Thai or Laotian desires the same tattoo as the typical American is absurd.

I think its possible you are stuck on some PC thought that says "generalizations about a culture are bad" without using any intellect to see that the shoe often fits.

Geez Dude. you are to easily butt hurt.

You should try to relax and not read into things that just are not there.

I was actually making a quip about how the Thai police can distinguish people nationalities by a tattoo. Obviously I was wrong in doing, I should have know my post would upset you so much.

I am not surprised to learn that the body did not match the Swiss man gone missing !! It is probably Another man killed by the local maffia people on this bizarre Island !! As a farang I am very scared to even go near this Island - Koh Tao !!

I am not surprised to learn that the body did not match the Swiss man gone missing !! It is probably Another man killed by the local maffia people on this bizarre Island !! As a farang I am very scared to even go near this Island - Koh Tao !!

Hmmm. Not as big as your name implies are you Danny. coffee1.gif

Have you ever been to Koh Tao? If you have not - let me elucidate.

It is a quiet backwater with great diving/snorkeling and loads of young people. Lots of drinking and the partaking of various substances. Some legal, some not. People who live/work there are struggling in today's economy. Most are fairly honest. (Let's not mention taxes, work permits and illegal workers.)

Yes - like ALL tourist destinations - there are scams to relieve alcohol (and other) affected tourists from their hard earned money. On the whole - the place is a backwater. Nothing to do except dive/snorkel. Murder is rare there. Drunken or drugged up tourists are not rare.

Personally I have no fear whatsoever about going to Koh Tao. The only reason that I do not go any more is because I find the place boring. (I cannot dive for medical reasons.)

What I struggle to understand is this compulsive social media hysteria about Koh Tao. Do people not have more important things to do? It might help if posters were to give an informed opinion (rather than a lemming like response). If posters were to let us know their PERSONAL experiences on Koh Tao, rather than the 'island of death' brigade rhetoric. Eg - when did you go? What crime did you witness? Were you treated badly in any way?

Let me start the ball rolling.

I have lived on Koh Samui for 14 years and I have been to Koh Tao approx six/seven times. I was never threatened/attacked or robbed. I did not get drunk or take any drugs but a motor cycle renter did try to scam me once saying 'that scratch was not there when you first rented it!' I showed photos on my camera of the scratch when I first rented the bike - no problem!

I find the accomodation on Koh Tao poor for what you pay. It is not good value for money - unless you dive! Then it is one of the best locations in this region

I am sure that the family of the unfortunate missing Swiss guy are impressed when they read you contribution - along with others. It must make their loss seem more bearable. (Not)

• Like 2