Glaucoma Care in Chiang Mai

Mekong Bob

http://www.chiangmairam.com/NEW%20CMR/Physician%20Eng/Ophthalmology%20Clinic%20Eng%20.html

These are the Ophthalmologysts in RAM-Chiang Mai.

Dr. Paradee is good.

But take care for their (glaucoma) prescriptions. I.e. for Xalatan-eye-drops. One 2.5 ml botte ~2.250 Baht, in a Central pharmacy you'll get 3 bottles for the same price.

Edited by puck2

http://www.chiangmairam.com/NEW%20CMR/Physician%20Eng/Ophthalmology%20Clinic%20Eng%20.html

Dr. Paradee is good.

But take care for their (glaucoma) prescriptions. I.e. for Xalatan-eye-drops. One 2.5 ml botte ~2.250 Baht, in a Central pharmacy you'll get 3 bottles for the same price.

I understand that Xalatan (generic: Latanoprost) requires refrigeration while in storage. Once opened, 2.5 bottle is good for 30 days without refrigeration.

Lumigan eye drops do the same job, no refrigeration needed, 490 baht per bottle.

Hope Xalatan is maintaining good eye pressures for you!

BTW, hospital pharmacy prices are notoriously inflated - as much as 300%

Dr. Paradee is good.

I never buy meds ar Ram, just ask the doctor what to buy they will oblige

Dr. Paradee is good.

I never buy meds ar Ram, just ask the doctor what to buy they will oblige

Here's one for you.... About a month ago I took the g/f to McCormick Hospital to be treated for a severe case of hives. Saw the Dr., had injections, etc. Normally we always buy meds at pharmacies but she was in bad shape and decided to buy the meds there and take them immediately. 3 day supply of 3 different meds cost 770 Baht. About 1 week later, early on a Sunday morning, she came down with another outbreak of hives. I went out at 8:45 knowing that the only pharmacy anywhere near us opening at 9:00 would be First Drug, one of the more expensive chains in Thailand. The pharmacist had all 3 meds in stock. Total cost for a one week supply = 95 Baht! I asked her if she was sure the doses were correct, prices correct, etc. She double-checked everything and said yes sure and yes 95 Baht. Hospitals really get you on the meds...

• 3 years later...

Hi, I will be in CM this October and I am in need of visual field test and an appt with Dr Ratchada/Dr Rachada at CM Ram. I can't seem to find a way to book an appt with her online. Can anyone advise me. Thanks so much. (Or send me her booking phone number or any other suggestion.)

On 11/16/2014 at 1:47 PM, puck2 said:

Dr. Paradee is good.

I've seeing Dr.Paradee when she has office hours at Sriphat Medical Center.

She prescribed Azarga for me. One bottle at the Sriphat hospital pharmacy is 720 baht, but the same bottle at PharmaChoice is 900 bhat! Go figure...  I have her prescribe three bottles at a time.

On 11/16/2014 at 8:51 PM, femi fan said:

I understand that marijuana is very good for glaucoma. Unfortunately this particular herb was made illegal for some strange reason.

Medical marijuana will be legal in the not too distant future.

Too much money involved for the Thai gov not to legalize it.

• 5 months later...
On 7/17/2018 at 7:55 AM, FolkGuitar said:

I've seeing Dr.Paradee when she has office hours at Sriphat Medical Center.

She prescribed Azarga for me. One bottle at the Sriphat hospital pharmacy is 720 baht, but the same bottle at PharmaChoice is 900 bhat! Go figure...  I have her prescribe three bottles at a time.

Hi FG..... Current drop of choice seems to be Xalatan for glaucoma.   Are you also taking that ?

I have just posted elsewhere,  but basically i have been on xalatan for 2 plus months yet one eye is still

showing unstable IOP.    I will go back in 2 weeks (  dr rachada ) and am trying to research what combo

or other drop could work.    Any personal info appreciated.   

1 hour ago, rumak said:

Hi FG..... Current drop of choice seems to be Xalatan for glaucoma.   Are you also taking that ?

I have just posted elsewhere,  but basically i have been on xalatan for 2 plus months yet one eye is still

showing unstable IOP.    I will go back in 2 weeks (  dr rachada ) and am trying to research what combo

or other drop could work.    Any personal info appreciated.   

One eye is responding very well to Azarga, but the other isn't so well affected, so she's added in Travatan to double up that side. Just started it last month, so no reported results yet. I go back for my next checkup in March.

51 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

One eye is responding very well to Azarga, but the other isn't so well affected, so she's added in Travatan to double up that side. Just started it last month, so no reported results yet. I go back for my next checkup in March.

were you ever on xalatan ?  don't know how much info you want to give on forum,  can pm me if you feel more comfortable ( i'd like to know what dr you use..... I can relate my experiences so far.  

4 hours ago, rumak said:

were you ever on xalatan ?  don't know how much info you want to give on forum,  can pm me if you feel more comfortable ( i'd like to know what dr you use..... I can relate my experiences so far.  

Nope, never was. Only Azarga and Travatan

• Thanks 1