Suspects in the murder of a 46 year old German man in Samui could walk free on Tuesday

webfact

They have the murder weapon found in the house of one of the accused ... they should have the broken glass bottles from the scene of the crime ... but do Thai police know about fingerprints yet? If they do know about fingerprints then what's the problem?

I hope the German Embassy raises Hell ... and the Deutsch media as well ... where is Der Spiegel?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rule #1: Never verbally confront a Thai in public, any time, any where. Thais are babies and become violently angry when criticized.

Rule #2: If a Thai says anything rude to you, leave. Don't sit around and wait until they come back with a hoe.

Rule 2 is a tad inaccurate.

Weapon of choice for Thais - 1 knife, 2 gun. Hoe is way down the list

I am always baffled at how easily Thai people in general resort to murderous violence,especially since they are supposed to be non-violent Buddhists,we see these murders so many times.Young people, who have no fear of murdering someone or inflicting very grave wounds ,even on other Thais.Perhaps it is because they are eating so much flesh,against the rules of non-violence AHIMSA. Of course the young people are following a pattern demonstrated by their elders but still it is quite shocking that THais in general can so easily kill another human being.

I'd say it's mostly because this country is saturated with crystal Meth & it's derivatives, Yabba & Yabba ice... one of the most evil drugs on the planet, add a bottle of Lao chow to it & you've got a really crazy person... If you have eyes to see you see them everywhere...

Right.... so the deadline has come and gone and this all seems to have been swept under the carpet.

I bet these animals have been set free.

That will make ClutchClark extremely happy I suppose.,

One more time......

http://www.samuitimes.com/samui-prosecutor-gives-police-one-month-make-case-suspects-murdered-german/

I hope the German Embassy raises Hell ... and the Deutsch media as well ... where is Der Spiegel?

I have emailed "Der Spiegel" a week ago about the whole matter. No reaction whatsoever.

To be fair ocejanic - it is not really news yet. Sorry.

The attention grabbing headline 'suspects could walk free' was turned into a Thai Visa feeding frenzy assuming that the 'murderers would walk free'. It should only become news if they do walk free and we will not know that for at least one month. Probably more.

As far as I can tell - the two older suspects are still in jail. The one out on bail is underage to be tried as an adult. The news seems to imply that there is a fourth suspect and the prosecutors have given the police one more month to gather further evidence. The reports state that there is enough evidence to prosecute the three original suspects - but I could have misunderstood the reports. Press reporting in Thailand is not totally accurate at times.

Of course there is a long way to go before we all really know the truth. It is stlii early days - and I do hope that justice is carried out properly. Whilst there is a lot of talk - nothing untoward has happened - yet! What could possibly go wrong? whistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have emailed "Der Spiegel" a week ago about the whole matter. No reaction whatsoever.

´Der Spiegel´ is not an english or american tabloid, they never report on murder cases or accidents unless a ´relevant´ person is involved or it´s an act of terrorism. Try to adress the ´Bild Zeitung´ for such coverage.

• 1 year later...

How did the DNA tests come out? Oh... yeah... Thai perps.... never mind. "A rule that is not enforced ceases to be a rule". Seems to apply regarding murder of farangs in Thailand. Many Thais too, of course.

The DNA does not prove murder in this instance.

It simply identifies the weapon that was used to stab the German.

There could be a reasonable explanation why the weapon needed to be used.

Self-defense.

Yeah, right. There were only five of them and the guy was unarmed. So stabbing him was more than justified.

Hate to say it mate, but your defense of any Thai accused of any crime, borders on delusion. Keep it up if you want, it's good to have alternative opinions aired, but you've reached the point of making yourself look a bit silly, and it reduces the effect of any valid points you might try to make.

Simple fact:

DNA does NOT equate to murder.

I provided an example of just such an instance. In this case, DNA only identifies the discovered weapon was the weapon used to stab the German. The prosecution must build the case as to why the stabbing was murder. Thats the way the Judicial system works most places amigo.

The only silly thing here is guys like you not thinking before you post.

Silly but all too common on TVF.

OKAY.....

If you stab someone and they Die...

They Died not of natural causes...

They Died because you and you alone stabbed them...

This is murder until proven otherwise... You have it backwards!

Now we have a weapon, from which we have successfully extracted the DNA of the person who used such weapon, to commission the Act of Murder.

To further this, If two Humans are commissioned to create acts of Violence against each other, thus resulting in in the use of a weapon to commit the death of the other, This is Murder. Commissioned as such anywhere else in the world it seems except Koh Samui.

Archived