Campaign launched to make Koh Tao smoke-free

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...What the #^"*

How about making it murder free, Nomsad free, the influicial family's free.

RTP correcption free, torture free, "safe house"free.

Seriously....what a bunch of moron's

Edited by Alan653
  • Like 2

"The campaign on the islands are expected to help reduce the number of deaths from smoking, said the Executive Secretary."

Try making it a hoe free island that should prevent a few deaths.

Unbelievable......

What? No mo hoe's?

Oh wait...that's a different kind of hoe.

• Like 1

I don't believe any ministry that produces exact cause of death figures which, are impossible to gather. I have smoked for 66 years, most of my associations are with smokers as everyone else believes those figures and that I, personally, am out to kill them and their children. Yes my father was a lifelong smoker and died at 89 while having, as it were, his last smoke !

Medics, now that the old " its going around everywhere " kick blame even. ingrown toenails on smoking as though it was the patients fault and not his inability to properly diagnose the real problem. None of my smoking relatives/friends/co workers look anything like the pictures on a pak of ciggies and, truly, I never knew even one of hundreds of smokers to die of lung cancer but I knew several NON smokers who did !

Excessive taxes on tobacco and alcohol do not, for the most part, go to health related causes but, mostly to build the highways that everyone uses and my personal 66 year taxes sent at least 12 kids thru college on scholarships. Fact is obesity is the world's number one health problem and no one makes "fatties" go outside to eat or forbid them to eat at all !

I am 80 and do more before 8AM than most/all NON smokers do all day !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've been wanting to go there for years but there were smokers before. Now I can enjoy diving without having to smell other divers cigarettes. Thailand is saved.

have a nice time, while it lasts, There wont be many people to talk to though

Thais are good in closeing their eyes over the real problems they are faceing! And come up with stupid campains nobody will follow and wont ever boost tourists.....or you want the non smoking tourists on non smoking islands in Thailand and the others stay in smokeing area?!?!??!?

Yes its a zoo!!!!!!!!!!!

How pathetic can they get,,,,E Cigs are banned in thailand,,Koh Tao has a rubbish problem,,That they constantly have to burn,,So all none smokeing tourist will flock to Koh Tao,and forget about the murders and corruption and the smell of burning rubbish,,Do you know that Thai,s think they are very clever,,and we are all stupid.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've been wanting to go there for years but there were smokers before. Now I can enjoy diving without having to smell other divers cigarettes. Thailand is saved.

have a nice time, while it lasts, There wont be many people to talk to though

sarcasm mate. how the hell is this going to attract more tourists lol

Jeez, at first I couldn't believe this story.

Why stop at that. Am I more likely to bash someone's head in after having a quiet Woodbine or a bottle of the local whiskey?. So, ban drinking as well.

(For non Brits...a Woodbine was the most common cigarette in the UK donkey's years ago.) I'm sure the 80 year old in the earlier post will remember them.

Well ... can somebody please show me PROOF that smoking actually causes cancer or that anybody dies from "smoking" !

And by this I mean SCIENTIFIC PROOF !

For all I know [after quite some research] it is still just an assumption and by no means proven fact !

No hearsay please or general government propaganda !

Proven facts only !

Now this post could be defined as conspiracy theory.

No it's a VERY SERIOUS question !

All the laws surrounding smoking are based on an assumption that [to my knowledge] has never been proven to be fact !!!

Just because governments, newspapers and other organisations use it to justify what they do [and make money out of it

or restrict peoples rights] does NOT mean it's proven fact !

So, it is a very valid question and I would be grateful if somebody could provide this proof.

[statistics won't count as statistics can be used to proof or disproof anything any which way anybody wants !]

Well ... can somebody please show me PROOF that smoking actually causes cancer or that anybody dies from "smoking" !

And by this I mean SCIENTIFIC PROOF !

For all I know [after quite some research] it is still just an assumption and by no means proven fact !

No hearsay please or general government propaganda !

Proven facts only !

Now this post could be defined as conspiracy theory.

No it's a VERY SERIOUS question !

All the laws surrounding smoking are based on an assumption that [to my knowledge] has never been proven to be fact !!!

Just because governments, newspapers and other organisations use it to justify what they do [and make money out of it

or restrict peoples rights] does NOT mean it's proven fact !

So, it is a very valid question and I would be grateful if somebody could provide this proof.

[statistics won't count as statistics can be used to proof or disproof anything any which way anybody wants !]

You are right in what you say, it has never been proven to be the thing that killed you, only that it can add to the problem of death, but so can many things, sex has contributed to many heart attacks, but it was not the killer just a contributing aspect to it, same said for smoking, so your point is valid. just like the ad that says smoking CAN cause cancer, not that it WILL cause cancer, because as we know many non smokers die of the same thing as non smokers.