Campaign launched to make Koh Tao smoke-free

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ... can somebody please show me PROOF that smoking actually causes cancer or that anybody dies from "smoking" !

And by this I mean SCIENTIFIC PROOF !

For all I know [after quite some research] it is still just an assumption and by no means proven fact !

No hearsay please or general government propaganda !

Proven facts only !

Now this post could be defined as conspiracy theory.

No it's a VERY SERIOUS question !

All the laws surrounding smoking are based on an assumption that [to my knowledge] has never been proven to be fact !!!

Just because governments, newspapers and other organisations use it to justify what they do [and make money out of it

or restrict peoples rights] does NOT mean it's proven fact !

So, it is a very valid question and I would be grateful if somebody could provide this proof.

[statistics won't count as statistics can be used to proof or disproof anything any which way anybody wants !]

You are right in what you say, it has never been proven to be the thing that killed you, only that it can add to the problem of death, but so can many things, sex has contributed to many heart attacks, but it was not the killer just a contributing aspect to it, same said for smoking, so your point is valid. just like the ad that says smoking CAN cause cancer, not that it WILL cause cancer, because as we know many non smokers die of the same thing as non smokers.

Well, that's the same what the WHO claims for micro wave radiation [wifi and ALL mobile phone networks !]

So when will Thailand be WiFi and 3G FREE ???

Well ... can somebody please show me PROOF that smoking actually causes cancer or that anybody dies from "smoking" !

For all I know [after quite some research] it is still just an assumption and by no means proven fact !

Proven facts only !

I take it you enjoy smoking, and have no plans to give it up? Bully for you.

Proven facts only !

I take it you enjoy smoking, and have no plans to give it up? Bully for you.

I have turned off ALL wifi networks I have access to as it is PROVEN FACT that it is very bad for my health !

You don't smoke but are very happy on WiFi [because it does not smell bad] ... whereas it is MUCH more

dangerous to your health !!!

Just because you don't know anything about it does NOT mean it's not there !!!! Educate yourself ! PLEASE !

They are not merely stupid they are idiots. Drugs are sold openly rape , violence and murders occur. Evidence destroyed, facts are distorted, police are on the take at every level and the locals have nothing to say but lets BS the tourists with a smoke free island. They are a bloody disgrace.

• Like 1

They are not merely stupid they are idiots. Drugs are sold openly rape , violence and murders occur. Evidence destroyed, facts are distorted, police are on the take at every level and the locals have nothing to say but lets BS the tourists with a smoke free island. They are a bloody disgrace.

It's a shame they don't listen to what he tourists want rather than trying to tell them what they want

• Like 2

If they do that, it will be tourist free as well. Best of luck.

If tourist still come even in spite of the real danger of being murdered or raped

may be this will make them stay away there at last

That's what should happen - until some really groundbreaking change happens on that murder island

Proven facts only !

I think there are other places for this kind of comment regarding the negative impact smoking has on health. You clearly have issues. Good luck in your quest.
  • Like 1

For sake there's alcohol and drugs readily available - what a pathetic attempt. How is anyone going to enforce this? I'm convinced the Thais have no understanding that the prevention of murder is the number one priority. Incarcerate the island perps and things might improve.

Edited by stephen terry

Proven facts only !

I think there are other places for this kind of comment regarding the negative impact smoking has on health. You clearly have issues. Good luck in your quest.

Yes, you must be brain dead not to think that inhaling SMOKE into your lungs is healthy. Completely natural, huh?

Edited by stephen terry
  • Like 1

Proven facts only !

I'm no scientist but the disproportionate number if smokers who die from lung cancer vs those non smokers is all the evidence I need. And yeah I'm referring to the 4 people in know who've died from it Inc a close friend.

Let's hope this cesspit of an island will go up in smoke!

This childish attempt to redeem visitor's trust and sympathy sickens me. Those idiots should do a campaign to oust the corrupt RTP officers on that island along with the existing mafia structures instead.

"Hey, unknown foreign tourist - looks like your head has been clubbed to a bloody pulp by some island serial killers, but don't worry, I will ban smoking on the island and everything's gonna be ok!" sick.gif

Edited by catweazle

Proven facts only !

I'm no scientist but the disproportionate number if smokers who die from lung cancer vs those non smokers is all the evidence I need. And yeah I'm referring to the 4 people in know who've died from it Inc a close friend.

Some just are incapable of learning until flat on their own backs in a hospital bed with tubes sticking out of their throats & arms suffering through their last few agonizing months of life. I too have seen it firsthand. 'Not something friends, let alone the wives & children, enjoy watching much. And at that point they're past pointing fingers at the internal combustion engine, powerplants, and backyard BBQs...