German man brutally attacked in Udon Thani by 'Koh Tao copycats'

webfact

After years and years of Thai authorities being soft on crimes against foreigners I'm not surprised by anything anymore unfortunately. It's about time the RTP/CPT made an example of someone for this. A few executions would certainly get the message across that violent crimes against foreign visitors is not to be tolerated.

Show them walking to their executions on TV blinking in the bright camera lights in the dawn, having only just been told the date of their executions a couple of hours ago, like Thaksin did. Now there's a real man.

• Like 2

Poor guy. Copycat killers. Oh my God. So Thai delinquents were so excited by the Koh Tao murders they are now going to go after any hated farang they see with hoes.

It is now time for embassies to start thinking about evacuation plans for their nationals from this country.

German tabloids will have a field day with this disgusting case and the cops probably about to let the murderers of the German guy in Samui go.

Madame billionaire tourism ministress has got her work cut out to arrange a record breaking high season this year. Were these kids training for for the Thai youth ambassadors who are going to guide foreign tourists upcountry. What about the electronic bracelets to tag tourists so they know who they were when they have been murdered.

Going insane. Can farangs have permission to carry guns please?

Over-reaction?

You decide;)

• Like 2

Thailand is becoming less of a place to put on the travel list now. I wonder when stats will be forthcoming on just how dangerous Thailand is? I don't mean for foreign travellers but in general..

The Daily Mail did a story on "that" new book yesterday it will no doubt be banned for life for the Mail...........TAT said the writer was "exaggerating"......... OH REALLY!!

Surprised they havent already arrested the writer harming Thailands "image"

• Like 2

The little rascals have way too much free time to set around drinking and planning assults on fellow man. Use them as fish bait and target practice while towed behind a speed boat over the coral reefs.

Seems a lot of ooop north villages have too many sitting around doing nothing, seems many of the men spend all day drinking same with the teenagers..................hang on I thought "No Thai person could do this"

What do you mean up north? There are millions of thai blokes all over the country sitting around basically doing nothing . that goes for the 20 guys in homepro selling u a water heater, or the gang of motorcycle taxi blokes at the end of a bangkok soi.

This blatent attack because this man is a foreigner, is really scary. Broad daylight in a park. Just to kill someone. Maybe drugs, maybe booze, maybe they just don't like farangs , but how dangerous do people have to be to attack people like this.

Very dangerous.

Wifes village Loei, many men/teenagers sitting around drinking, loud music etc etc, She coudlnt wait to get out of the place, also as you drive into the village a banner proudly proclaims"This is a Red village"....I can just see anyone standing up and saying they arent "red" getting a beating.

Other local villages exactly the same............no your'e correct its not just oop north.

Theres some real grafters in Thailand but way too many leeches seem to bleed them dry.......the same ones knocking back that whisky.

• Like 1

Wow! Incredible.

A nasty and vicious attack from the sounds of this and totally unprovoked.

I really do hope the German guy does survive with his faculties and abilities intact.

These 3 need some severe punishment to prevent more copycat attacks.

Thank god it doesn't happen in the west...unprovoked attacks by young thugs on defenceless victims. Almost unheard of eh?
  • Like 1

This is very upsetting...particularly to my wife and I. We spent many mornings in that park...just before sunrise. In the 3 years that we lived there, we went every day, and saw nothing like this. There was a gruesome murder of a bar owner by his own staff, at his house...but not random violence at the park.

Police and military are helpless against this kind of violence.

I know it sounds bad....because it is.

Surreal, isn't it?

Growing up, we're taught that trouble only finds those who go looking for it. Then we grow up and learn it isn't a 100% true.

Anyway, not too much more to add at the moment.

Thanks for your post.

• Like 1

Wow! Incredible.

I really do hope the German guy does survive with his faculties and abilities intact.

Thank god it doesn't happen in the west...unprovoked attacks by young thugs on defenceless victims. Almost unheard of eh?

Who said it doesn't?

Wow. Just wow.

• Like 1

You've got to be worried if you happen to be a Burmese worker living in the area.

And why is that?

They have the three THAI perpetrators under arrest and two of them are seen in the lead story photo. Let's not overdo the "Burmese" comments.

Given the huge publicity surrounding the Koh Tao murders, it is highly unlikely these copycat losers will be let out among the general population any time soon. This case will rest on the condition of the poor German victim presently fighting for his life in hospital. Best wishes to him.

• Like 2

Wow! Incredible.

Who said it doesn't?

Wow. Just wow.

i think u missed his point

I don't think I did. But go ahead and share your wisdom with me.

• Like 1

Last time i posted that things will get worst, In this time the love of many has gone cold, actually it will continue no matter what they will do to be preventing this, only thing that can stop this is telling them how to love others as they love them selves, with out this, no remedy for this incident not to keep occurring. God love you all.

Edited by Rimmer
Please DO NOT post in non standard fonts thank you
  • Like 2