German man brutally attacked in Udon Thani by 'Koh Tao copycats'

webfact

Thank god it doesn't happen in the west...unprovoked attacks by young thugs on defenceless victims. Almost unheard of eh?

Who said it doesn't?

Wow. Just wow.

i think u missed his point

I don't think I did. But go ahead and share your wisdom with me.

post-9891-0-54137800-1416213521_thumb.jp

Almost unheard of eh ? The clue is in the question mark. Does that help a bit?

• Like 1

I hope this does get picked up be the world media and I also hope that the Thai authorities make an example of these 3 criminals and lock them up for a very long time. Sadly I doubt the latter will happen

They already mentioned the "baby parts" on the news in the Uk yesterday

Tourists now are just targets....it looks like murder for fun. I suppose they figure nobody cares, that they can't get caught. They need to be severely dealt with...perhaps life imprisonment. I would like to see uncover police actually track down kids like this and ....well...in the philippines they use the word..."Salvage"

I think it's because some people can act with no thought of the consequences. Defies all logic to me.

My son arrived yesterday for a two-week stay with his Thai wife's family. He immediately changed into sandals sans socks in the airport parking garage. I told him that I never wear sandals while I'm out and around Bangkok in the (unlikely?) event that I have to chose the "flight" option in any particular situation. Of course, one has to have the presence of mind and sobriety to run like a bat out of hell if necessary.

self defense is surely not an option.....as it would just bring more attackers in. You either avoid, or (if they spot you) run like hell. Nobody is going to help you.

• Like 2

You really must wonder now about spending ANY amount of time, no matter staying long term in Thailand.

It seem any unbalanced psycho can be anywhere anytime,just a matter of luck if one of these neanderthol idiots sneak up behind you in a public place and do this.

Dear oh dear General P must shudder every time he sees the words kho thao or farang in some news report.

they just dont seem to be passing on some example that this is just not on.

make me wonder how Yinluck would have handled this if she was in power now

or khun S Thaksin for that matter

Who breeds these people/animals? Throw them to the rats forever to show the youth of today this is NOT "This action is a typical case of youthful recklessness"

​If this becomes typical behavior we are shafted.

Even if this man survives and recovers he will never feel the same I'm sure he will be looking over his shoulder in fear for the rest of his life.

There are stories of bodies turning up daily and attacks like this one will destroy Thailand as a tourist destination.

Make an example quickly!

• Like 2

Who said it doesn't?

Wow. Just wow.

i think u missed his point

I don't think I did. But go ahead and share your wisdom with me.

attachicon.gifirony.jpg

Almost unheard of eh ? The clue is in the question mark. Does that help a bit?

I'm the one who needs to help you it appears.

I know he was trying to be ironic . . . . without just cause.

He made a Tu quoque argument. I know you don't know what that is, so here: Tu quoque (/tˈkwkw/;[1] Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy is an informal logical fallacy that intends to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

This thread is about a vicious attack in Thailand. That such things happen in other places should have no bearing on the discussion.

And if you still don't get it, look at the comment kannot whambam replied to. There, does that help a bit?

Edited by aTomsLife

This is very upsetting...particularly to my wife and I. We spent many mornings in that park...just before sunrise. In the 3 years that we lived there, we went every day, and saw nothing like this. There was a gruesome murder of a bar owner by his own staff, at his house...but not random violence at the park.

Police and military are helpless against this kind of violence.

I know it sounds bad....because it is.

Which Udon park was it?

• Like 1

...is it hatred, stupidity, wickedness? Maybe a combination.

Indeed. The mind boggles. Was it totally random? Is the victim a decent looking fellow, or a tattooed meat-head. Can't help wondering that there is more to this story, and may well come to light in the near future.

• Like 1

No one denies random violence happens everywhere.

...but if you can name another country where tourists are routinely beaten, murdered, scammed, die from misadventure, etc, then that would be a better comparison.

I expect that if any country where tourism was a reported 10% of GDP, authorities would do a little more to protect tourists and ensure their safety.

I'm not aware of any that compare with Thailand...or at least none that I can find on Google that compare with Thailand.

Thailand finally has a hub.

You have never heard of Costa Rica?

Another example of the rising zenophobia in Thailand, fueled by government actions and policies.

Is this where Thailand is now headed? If so, time to pack up.

The three teens did this because of Government "actions and policies"?

Oh, you are one of the anti-govt crowd so, ofcourse, you would need to get your agenda worked into this somehow.

BTW, where do you intend to move to once you pack up?

That government back home isn't as bad as you used to think now, is it?

They did it because they are not afraid of the punishment for doing it. Oh and cos it was a dare!

It could also be said that they could have been picked up earlier for a lesser charge of riding around on motorbikes probably with no helmets probably 3 on one bike probably no tailight cos thats cool and definitely for carrying a large weapon.

• Like 2

Well at least the cops aren't blaming the Burmese or Cambodians.

Bang goes another 10k tourist arrivals.

10000 tourist arrivals? Really?? I think our perceptions get very distorted with TV as a news source. I just did a Google news search, and this story is only being picked up in the Thai media so far. Granted, it's still hot off the press. Let's see what happens over the next couple of days, but I wouldn't be surprised if it makes barely a ripple in the international media. Hard to compete with ISIS, ebola, and the Ukraine.

• Like 1