German man brutally attacked in Udon Thani by 'Koh Tao copycats'

webfact

The little rascals have way too much free time to set around drinking and planning assults on fellow man. Use them as fish bait and target practice while towed behind a speed boat over the coral reefs.

Seems a lot of ooop north villages have too many sitting around doing nothing, seems many of the men spend all day drinking same with the teenagers..................hang on I thought "No Thai person could do this"

What do you mean up north? There are millions of thai blokes all over the country sitting around basically doing nothing . that goes for the 20 guys in homepro selling u a water heater, or the gang of motorcycle taxi blokes at the end of a bangkok soi.

This blatent attack because this man is a foreigner, is really scary. Broad daylight in a park. Just to kill someone. Maybe drugs, maybe booze, maybe they just don't like farangs , but how dangerous do people have to be to attack people like this.

Very dangerous.

Wifes village Loei, many men/teenagers sitting around drinking, loud music etc etc, She coudlnt wait to get out of the place, also as you drive into the village a banner proudly proclaims"This is a Red village"....I can just see anyone standing up and saying they arent "red" getting a beating.

Other local villages exactly the same............no your'e correct its not just oop north.

Theres some real grafters in Thailand but way too many leeches seem to bleed them dry.......the same ones knocking back that whisky.

I never seen in south a banner: " this is a yellow village "

I got to be honest, the Isaan make folks seem to get more aggressive by the day. In our village the young males are some times very aggressive towards me and my lady. I like to ignore them most of the time but strangly when I see them alone they even are keen of starting a discussion.

Poor guy. Copycat killers. Oh my God. So Thai delinquents were so excited by the Koh Tao murders they are now going to go after any hated farang they see with hoes.

It is now time for embassies to start thinking about evacuation plans for their nationals from this country.

German tabloids will have a field day with this disgusting case and the cops probably about to let the murderers of the German guy in Samui go.

Madame billionaire tourism ministress has got her work cut out to arrange a record breaking high season this year. Were these kids training for for the Thai youth ambassadors who are going to guide foreign tourists upcountry. What about the electronic bracelets to tag tourists so they know who they were when they have been murdered.

Going insane. Can farangs have permission to carry guns please?

I'm not sure a gun would be much use in an unprovoked, surprise attack I'm afraid and the prospect of drunk farang tourists running around with guns is quite ludicrous and not one which I would care to think about.

• Like 2

Indeed. The mind boggles. Was it totally random? Is the victim a decent looking fellow, or a tattooed meat-head. Can't help wondering that there is more to this story, and may well come to light in the near future.

Please don't try and blame the victim. Even if it makes you feel safer that it could never happen to you. These guys were carrying a hoe around. You think they didn't intend to do anything bad and just stumbled across the hoe at the same time as they saw the foreigner in the park? Clearly a case of a premeditated attack.

I really hope the German recovers without permanent disability and the courts lock these guys up for a very long time. I fear the punishment will depend on whether the foreign press get hold of this.

The article clearly stated they were carrying the hoe for protection against rival groups (gangs).

The question asked by Techikall was a reasonable one and gave no indication of blaming the victim.

I am curious if the victim had been drinking with his two friends.

Carrying a hoe for protection, yeah right.

That's what every well hard teenager does. Nothing looks cooler than a hoe in your hand.

Don't think that story carries any truth whatsoever, in fact I'd say its just BS.

As for whether the German was drinking or not, why is that relevant?

He wants to drink he can, it's not a crime, whereas unprovoked, premeditated, violent assault with a deadly weapon is.

Why do you always look for argument and make more of a simple inquiry than exists?

I simply asked if the German was drinking for the same reason I asked to know the actual time of the attack.

Why? Because I like to know as many details as I can about an incident so I can learn from it and make educated, well informed opinions.

Obviously, not a priority of many TV members.

Good enough reason or do I need your permission in the future?

Yer killin' me Blues.

Nothing in my post or any previous post has suggested anything except this appears to be a violent assault against an innocent man.

As for your claim that theses suspects would not have been carrying around a hoe for protection from rivals?

Why not?

These guys carry guns and knives all the time. It does not seem out of the ordinary at all they would be carrying a weapon at that hour of night.

• Like 1

Not blaming the victim. Did you ever stop to think that the Thais are getting sick and tired of drunk and obnoxious foreigners ? I sure am. I do just fine here thank you very much. After twenty years never had a single problem.giggle.gif

I wonder why Thailand has changed so much over the years. Think it might have something to do with the foreigners ?????????

Nice victim blaming. You must fit in well here.

This makes it pretty much impossible to complete our plan of bringing my 92 year old mom to the land of smiles. It took two years to convince my older brothers that it would be a nice, safe place (not that it is not, on the whole). The problem is, with all the violence to tourists in the news, this may well get into the New York papers. One look at the city "Udon" will unravel all the planning we have done. We even are in the process of screening several flight companions to accompany my mom here.

This is the straw that broke the camel's back...so to speak. I do not think I can make a convincing argument for her safety.

• Like 1

Not blaming the victim. Did you ever stop to think that the Thais are getting sick and tired of drunk and obnoxious foreigners ? I sure am. I do just fine here thank you very much. After twenty years never had a single problem.giggle.gif

I wonder why Thailand has changed so much over the years. Think it might have something to do with the foreigners ?????????

I would guess with your social skills very few people pay any attention or care.

This has nothing to do with people being drunk or obnoxious, it's just outright thuggery.

• Like 1

always idiot falangs ! BINGO!

I appreciate the "no sandals" comments. I quit wearing years ago and wear what we used to call "tennies" no idea the proper name for today. Everybody has 3 reactions to fear: flight, freeze or fight. I'm the later, got the scars to prove it. I didn't switch from sandals to run. On the other hand, I've never had a problem with Thais up here, always idiot, <deleted> farangs. Never thought something like this would happen up here, unless severely provoked by farang. Yes, the hatred is showing through. A little "Thai Love Thais"? "Youthful recklessness" my ass, racism. Is this the Thai version of a US "drive-by"? A "hoeing" instead of a shooting? Of course if you really, really want to see bad crap, try being white and going into the 5th Ward in Houston, kinda' like the Hotel California, you can check in but you ain't checkin' out, in one piece. I had free passage years back when Mickey Leland was alive, forget it now. I hate to see this, I've long "wandered" into places here that many farangs don't/won't go, never a problem. A public park? damn!

99.9999 percent of my friends are Thai i avoid foreigners because most are trouble.

I would guess with your social skills very few people pay any attention or care.

This has nothing to do with people being drunk or obnoxious, it's just outright thuggery.

Wow! Incredible.

A nasty and vicious attack from the sounds of this and totally unprovoked.

I really do hope the German guy does survive with his faculties and abilities intact.

These 3 need some severe punishment to prevent more copycat attacks.

Thank god it doesn't happen in the west...unprovoked attacks by young thugs on defenceless victims. Almost unheard of eh?

Except there are consequences in the West and Police actually do their job............ not that they havent in this case, on top of that "who you are" has little influence in the West, only difference is you can hire the best lawyers