Communicast Myanmar 2014 - IT trade fair opens in Yangon

SeaVisionBurma

For anyone in Yangon...

Come & Visit CommuniCast Myanmar 2014 on 18-20 November at Myanmar Event Park (MEP)

I am pleased to have the opportunity of reminding you about the brand new show for Myanmar's telecommunications and related IT industries and inviting you as our guest.

With 2 days remaining and over 200 products & technologies from 90 participants from 20 countries and a Thailand pavilion are waiting to welcome you at Exhibition Hall. Please make your plan to visit now. The show opening hours are as follows:

09.00 – 17.00 Hrs. on Wednesday 19 – Thursday 20 November 2014

Pre-registration has closed - but they will accept walk-in registrations to the show

More information here - http://www.communicastmyanmar.com/

post-136-0-59024100-1416370191_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

As a US citzen do we get visa on arrival at yangoon or need tp apply for visa beforehand ?

To quote from this forum

MANDALAY: -- Citizens of another 22 countries are now eligible for a visa on arrival at Mandalay International Airport, the Myanmar Times has reported. The list of eligible countries now totals 48.

The ruling came into effect on February 1, according to Immigration and National Registration Department assistant director, U Than Win.

Between February 1 and 10, just 76 visitors rook advantage of the system and received business, tourist entry or transit visas on arrival.

Mr Than wants to encourage more people to use the service. “Citizens of 48 countries are eligible for visa on arrival. This will be useful for eligible travellers who don’t have time to apply for a visa at an embassy,” he said.

However, TTR Weekly reports, very little information has filtered through to the travel trade or even airlines, many of which are still insisting that passengers obtain visas in advance from the nearest Myanmar embassy.

Airlines in particular are still insisting that people get visas in advance, for fear that the airline will have to bear the expense of repatriating a passenger if the visa on arrival is not approved.

There are three types of visa categories: business, tourist entry and transit, costing U$50, US$40 and US$20 (B1,500, B1,200 and B600) respectively.

“The duration of a business visa is 70 days,” Mr Than said, “while tourist entry visas for seminars, meetings and workshops are valid for 28 days.”

The list of 22 new countries whose citizens are now eligible for visas on arrival is : Austria Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.

Citizens of 26 other countries have been eligible for visa on entry since June last year, though the system at Mandalay International Airport only came into effect on November 1.

These countries are: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, the UK, the USA and Vietnam.

According to the Myanmar Ministry of Ministry of Immigration and Population website the visas on arrival are available at both Mandalay and Yangon airports. For details click here.

Thanks for the above posts- but please do not post about visas in this topic.

The thread is about the IT trade fair in Yangon.

Please start a new topic in the Myanmar Visa forum with your questions, thank you.

Any further off topic posts will be removed.

Boffins? Which year of the 1950s did you arrive from? The modern term is Geeks and even that

might be considered pejorative in some circles.

Did you post in the wrong topic? Try as I might, I cannot see a single mention of the word 'boffin' in this topic... Or is this just you being manic??

Boffins? Which year of the 1950s did you arrive from? The modern term is Geeks and even that

might be considered pejorative in some circles.

I was born slightly after the 1950's (some decades in fact).

I quite like the word 'Boffin'. I much prefer it to Geek, especially when it is used in context to describe me.

Now, as for pejorative...which decade were you born in?