Non-O-Visa Savannakhet marriage certificate from UK

Hi, I am planning to get my Non O multi-entry visa based on marriage from Savannakhet. I have three past such visa's on my passport obtained from my home coutry plus a more recent ED visa which I want to cancel. My marriage certificate was issued by the UK registry. Do I need to, or should I get the certificate translated in Thai or the marriage certificate registered in Thailand before heading off to Savannakhet to apply for the visa?

Thanks

They will accept a non Thai marriage certificate in English. No need for a translation in your case.

If you ever want to apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration you will have to register your marriage and get a Kor Ror 22.

You can get 60 day extension to visit your wife with the UK marriage certificate.

• Like 1

They will accept a non Thai marriage certificate in English. No need for a translation in your case.

If you ever want to apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration you will have to register your marriage and get a Kor Ror 22.

You can get 60 day extension to visit your wife with the UK marriage certificate.

Thanks Ubonjoe,

So if I register eventually, I just need to get extension of stay rather than do visa runs? Sorry for the further question but the line "You can get 60 day extension to visit your wife with the UK marriage certificate." threw me off a little. I already live in Phuket with my wife and have done so for the last four years. BTW - right now I do not meet the requirements to have any cash in a Thai bank account and I am not sure I would even want to do that. Does this make a difference?

Cheers

It will be your choice and your ability to do the one year extensions. I mentioned that in relation to your question about registering your marriage. Registering your marriage is not something you can do with a just a trip to the Amphoe.

The 60 day extensions are a good way to delay doing a border run for another 90 day entry if you want to use it.