Video: I hate Thailand

pinkpanther99

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made it through the first 3 minutes and then nausea sent me to the toilet.

It is absolutely disgusting to read comments like yours and others above. To me, as someone who has been living here for quite a while and loving it here, the clip is so really refreshing and encouraging as opposed to the moaning and groaning of many Farangs - some tourists, but mostly people who hate this beautiful country and its lovely people, but for unknown reasons have been living here for ages!

It is absolutely disgusting to read comments like yours and others above. To me, as someone who has been living here for quite a while and loving it here, the clip is so really refreshing and encouraging as opposed to the moaning and groaning of many Farangs - some tourists, but mostly people who hate this beautiful country and its lovely people, but for unknown reasons have been living here for ages!

"... the clip is so really refreshing and encouraging..."

clap2.gif cheesy.gifclap2.gif cheesy.gif

It's a commercial.

A cartoon depiction.

Smiling Faces Around The World!

While selling rot-gut...

I can see both sides. I think the video is a little too optimistic, but in remoter parts of Thailand where they don't see stupid, angry rude tourists or expats I can see something like this happening on a smaller scale.

We read so much in the news about bad things Thais and falang do and we also read this in our own country. So little is ever reported about good things that happen. If you have lived here long enough you HAVE experienced good Thai people...people that seem to be filled with nothing but goodness. My wife's father is one such person and even among Thai people he is loved for his good, kind nature.

My life is still like that after 6 years. Every morning I leave the house and step foot in the soi - saying hello with all the usual characters going about their business - is an absolute joy.

It's funny how all the moans and grumbles are usually from those who learnt about Thailand from hookers and bar owners, then ended up living in Nakhon Nowhere supporting an extended family they have nothing in common with.

You make your own bed. Lie in it. And don't think that the misery you landed yourself in represents everyone's experience of Thailand.

Great video and absolutely representative of the large majority of Thai people.

I liked it..................if you look for and expect the good and beautiful in people and life...it will find you. If you look for and expect the con artists and ugliness in people and life....it will find you too. Take an inventory today, look around you and see which one you have been looking for and expecting.

jay yen yen, Abraham. I like living in Thailand, I just found the video very silly, shallow, and shooting for the lowest common denominator. It sounds like it hit the mark with you, though.

It's possible. But if he threw a rock at a truck, the consequences would have been pretty bad.

I was thinking exactly that! I thought for sure he would be confronted by a furious driver.

....l thought the next scene after the rock throw was going to be in a local ICU

I left my passport at a restaurant after going to immigration once.

A Thai couple drove 80km to deliver it to my home with a smile and refused to allow me to pay to fill their fuel tank.

Yeah sure the video is staged and maybe it's a bit of "perception management" - but hey Thailand probably needs it right now.

And in most cases, they deserve it.

If you spend your life focusing on the negative, your life will be negative.

Archived