Video: I hate Thailand

pinkpanther99

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't hate Thailand...but I do hate the buffaloes that run the country and educate the population. If only they had been colonised..... alt=whistling.gif>

Damn I hope you're joking

You're not seriously suggesting that colonisation is a good thing are you?

Yes I am. Thailand demonstrates over and over again that they are incompetent at doing anything. Colonise, set them up, show them how it's done...then leave.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't hate Thailand...but I do hate the buffaloes that run the country and educate the population. If only they had been colonised..... alt=whistling.gif>

Yes I am. Thailand demonstrates over and over again that they are incompetent at doing anything. Colonise, set them up, show them how it's done...then leave.

Seems you may need to learn to adjust and adapt more

You're not in Kansas anymore Toto

I made it through the first 3 minutes and then nausea sent me to the toilet.

It is absolutely disgusting to read comments like yours and others above. To me, as someone who has been living here for quite a while and loving it here, the clip is so really refreshing and encouraging as opposed to the moaning and groaning of many Farangs - some tourists, but mostly people who hate this beautiful country and its lovely people, but for unknown reasons have been living here for ages!

My life is still like that after 6 years. Every morning I leave the house and step foot in the soi - saying hello with all the usual characters going about their business - is an absolute joy.

It's funny how all the moans and grumbles are usually from those who learnt about Thailand from hookers and bar owners, then ended up living in Nakhon Nowhere supporting an extended family they have nothing in common with.

You make your own bed. Lie in it. And don't think that the misery you landed yourself in represents everyone's experience of Thailand.

Great video and absolutely representative of the large majority of Thai people.

Wow, criticizing a cheesey video is apparently criticizing the country?
If I find a Nike commercial silly, then it's a complaint about Nike? Seems a wee short-sighted on your part, but some folks are as blind in the their defense of something as others are to blindly bash it.

...the compassion and help extended by Thai people is what made many of us love Thailand. At least for me it was 30 years ago..

That's what I am experiencing in Cambodia...now!

So why are you even watching the video or reading this forum?

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Thailand and that you think they're all incompetent. I watch exceptional competence here every day.

I also believe that if you're so frustrated that you think everyone else needs to change, it's time you looked inward more instead of moving on in the hope that somewhere different better fits your predetermined mould.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

...the compassion and help extended by Thai people is what made many of us love Thailand. At least for me it was 30 years ago..

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Thailand and that you think they're all incompetent. I watch exceptional competence here every day.
I also believe that if you're so frustrated that you think everyone else needs to change, it's time you looked inward more instead of moving on in the hope that somewhere different better fits your predetermined mould.

I wish you the best of luck.

Because I still have ties with Thailand. Like I said..."I don't hate the place". I'm still interested in what goes on there. I may even live there again in the future.

I do find Cambodia still having the best qualities that Thailand had 30 years ago refreshing.

I also follow a couple of Chinese related forums...but don't live there. Is that OK with you? If not... I promise to cancel my memberships to them and Thai Visa also.

Jing Jing! w00t.gif

I wish you the best of luck.

Because I still have ties with Thailand. Like I said..."I don't hate the place". I I do find Cambodia still having the best qualities that Thailand had 30 years ago refreshing.

I also follow a couple of Chinese related forums...but don't live there. Is that OK with you? If not... I promise to cancel my memberships to them and Thai Visa also.

Whatever you do is ok with me

I only seek to understand your negativity and hope that you can experience and share less of it in future

I only seek to understand your negativity and hope that you can experience and share less of it in future

No worries. I'll be an ostrich with it's head in the sand and try to restrict my comments to only positive ones. It's the "Thai way" after all. "Krengjai" and all that face saving, stress inducing, apologetic drama.

It's possible. But if he threw a rock at a truck, the consequences would have been pretty bad.

I was thinking exactly that! I thought for sure he would be confronted by a furious driver.

....l thought the next scene after the rock throw was going to be in a local ICU

yes they left out the bit where the driver get's out and puts a hoe over the back of his head.

Seems you may need to learn to adjust and adapt more

You're not in Kansas anymore Toto

I think you need to face reality. Throw the rose tinted glasses away. Really.

'I Hate..........this video"

Clearly another lets restore happiness to the country, by promoting 'Thainess' message from the elite. With an overly aggressive foreigner who is even too stupid to 'ab nam', which perpetuates the stereotype often shown in local productions, which again enforces this idea of ‘thainess’………sorry Thailand but I think you’ll find that us human beings possess a wide range of emotions which are not retrained to geographical borders – ‘Khon Thai Jai Dee’. Is it purely coincidental that this is filmed on a small island/coastal setting? Seems abit untimely considering the 4 reported foreign deaths around Surat/Chumphon provinces (namely Koh Tao) in recent months. Perhaps if the locals had tried this hard to find their killers as they did in finding this fictitious bag then maybe the outcome would have been different. I predict more bubble-gum productions to go viral in the foreseeable future to keep the populace subdued until the re-shuffle upstairs is sorted………then it’ll be business as usual once ‘order’ is restored.

He also states he has now stayed for 2years, I’m married with children yet they only permit me to stay for 90days at a time……….true he could get a work permit and choose from a tiny list of jobs that are okay for ‘farangs’ (most of these options are exhausted in this video i.e teaching or scuba instructor, as for sure they wouldn’t want us in other sectors as we might blow the whistle on some home truths, mainly corruption and human or animal rights violations).

I once said ‘I love thailand’, but that’s because I didn’t know Thailand well enough.

It is absolutely disgusting to read comments like yours and others above. To me, as someone who has been living here for quite a while and loving it here, the clip is so really refreshing and encouraging as opposed to the moaning and groaning of many Farangs - some tourists, but mostly people who hate this beautiful country and its lovely people, but for unknown reasons have been living here for ages!

My life is still like that after 6 years. Every morning I leave the house and step foot in the soi - saying hello with all the usual characters going about their business - is an absolute joy.

It's funny how all the moans and grumbles are usually from those who learnt about Thailand from hookers and bar owners, then ended up living in Nakhon Nowhere supporting an extended family they have nothing in common with.

You make your own bed. Lie in it. And don't think that the misery you landed yourself in represents everyone's experience of Thailand.

Great video and absolutely representative of the large majority of Thai people.

@ Kennypowers

How right you are.

I stopped following these forums after a few years here - its just so full of bad vibrations.

I keep wondering why all those people here who seems to have nothing but negative and sarcastic comments about Thailand, Thai people and their life here - just dont leave and go home.

It's a crappy video. And disliking a shitty bit of marketing doesn't mean people dislike Thailand, it just means they dislike cloying and clunky attempts at creating a viral video.

Sure, be offended on the behalf of shitty film-makers and ad agencies the world round, don't get offended on behalf of a nation though. The two aren't the same.

OK, I am feeling you but let's go back for a moment and review the clip.

Passport lost, so can't produce to BIB for I.D. Money gone so he is now in breach of the 20,000 baht minimum to stay in the kingdom. Stays at a house but doesn't report his address. Starts teaching children without a work permit, very illegal. Doesn't have a NON-O marriage or NON-B visa to teach, very illegal. Then just takes the piss and works for a dive company giving tours to foreigners thus taking jobs of Thai guides. And now is on 2 year overstay as I didn't see him go once to immigration to change from tourist visa to non-b or non-O. Then lives in a house on the beach which is on public lands and needs to be pulled down. tongue.pnglaugh.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

Oh you mean like the Brits did with the USA. Look what happened to them.

Archived