Video: I hate Thailand

pinkpanther99

in real, most probably a Burmese worker will find your bag in these islands and you will never see it again of course.

Still, i dropped my bag once in a crowded department store in Bangkok and once forgot my briefcase on the pavement.

At the department store, once i noticed i dropped the bag one hour later, went around to look for my bag and seen some people with my bag looking for me and they handed my bag to me and not even a single baht was lost inside and believe me there was a lot of money inside, two cellphones, important documents etc.

Regarding my briefcase forgotten on the pavement, i came back after half an hour and it was still staying at the same spot! and motorcycle taxis were watching it and waiting my return.

These kind of similar instances happen to my friends here as well.

But again, this never happens on a touristic area such Pattaya, Koh Samui, Phuket etc.

For local areas not degenerated with fast inflow of tourist money such as some parts of Bangkok, Isaan etc probability of finding your belongings are very high.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that the government tourism bureaus have taken to lies and distortion in this video to try and counter the impending problems Thailand will experience this coming winter. Bad publicity with UK, Australian and Canadian citizens being killed there are well known back in those countries. People are becoming hesitant to travel to Thailand as a result of the high profile news stories.

The collapse of the Ruble will mean a significant drop in Russian tourists to Thailand which will have a negative effect on the winter economy. So they've resorted to this picture of Thailand thru Rose coloured glasses to try and convince people to come to their country. If you go there you will be ripped off at every opportunity. Everyone will try and over charge you, if they can't do that, they will rip you off when they give you change. As a foreigner, you will be charged 10 times as much as Thai citizens for things. Pray you dont get in trouble with the police as they are amongst the most corrupt forces on the planet and you as a foreigner, will always be the guilty party in any dispute. And perhaps most depressingly, the economy of Thailand is based on the sex trade. Everywhere you go, you will see fat 60 year old men with beautiful young thai girls. You know he's paying her because no woman in her right mind would want anything to do with a slovenly pig like that. I won't even go there about the expat community who are sexual predators preying on the youth of the country. A good portion of the foreigners there aren't there for the weather, the culture or the food. They are there for easily available commercial sex trade at a fraction of the cost of it back home.

There are good sides to thailand. But your experience won't be like that in the video. Yes your bag will be stolen. Not by monkeys but by the people who drug your drink and rob you. The bus won't almost run you over, they'll hit you and drive away. The girls will help you, so long as you pay them. Forget about any assistance from the police, they are corrupt and won't do anyting for you as a Farang. As a foreigner, you will be financially exploited during your entire stay/visit in Thailand. And as i said before, if you're an Expat living here now, you probably came for easy access to sex and drugs. You're enjoying life with your Thai "wife" who is several decades younger than you. And she loves you dearly, so long as the money keeps flowing. Cut off the cash and see what happens. OH, and make sure she doesn't have a Thai guy on the side, that's quite common. Remember, you are just a source of revenue.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived