Parking fee on road by Warorot market

jamiesmith

Hi all, when I was parking on the public road next to Warorot market by the Ping river, I was approached by a man who wanted to charge me for parking there. He had a receipt/ticket book and said I must pay at 1st I thought he said 70 baht, but then he said 20 baht. Is this normal? or was it an attempt to scam me? I'd appreciate any input, as although I have been following TV for a few years, this is my 1st post and I'm new to Chiang Mai.

Many of the markets and some other areas such as Suthep Road opposite the hospital have someone collecting a parking fee and issuing tickets. My recollection is that it's only 10 baht, though. Never considered if this was legit, though. I see Thais paying it all the time.

you can not park on suthep road by hospital now,been stopped,or it was last time i went past there.

Many of the markets and some other areas such as Suthep Road opposite the hospital have someone collecting a parking fee and issuing tickets. My recollection is that it's only 10 baht, though. Never considered if this was legit, though. I see Thais paying it all the time.

you can not park on suthep road by hospital now,been stopped,or it was last time i went past there.
It great now you can actually travel at speed and safely.

All the food carts cleared as well.

No need to park there now as the big multi storey ca park above mcdees is now open.

I wonder if the food carts have claimed an area on each floor now.

It's not a scam.

It's a very common mispronunciation.

Many Thais have difficulty saying twenty. It becomes " thawen-ty " and sounds almost exactly like "Seventy" when many people say it, also due to not stressing the first syllable like you should in 'twenty'.

You are experiencing a language issue.

Welcome to Thailand. wink.png

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic comment removed
  • Like 1