BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Basset

Changes To British Passport Services In Thailand

Just checking if any guys living here have two British passports and they have recently renewed one of the two at Trendy.

How can you have two....?

Just checking if any guys living here have two British passports and they have recently renewed one of the two at Trendy.

One asks!

Often needed in the case of frequent travel and the need to obtain visas or when travel between two countries may be denied if the "wrong" stamps are in the passport (Try entering some Arab countries with a passport that contains Israeli immigration stamps)

• Like 1

If you frequently travel for business outside of Europe you can apply for a second UK passport. This is often necessary because one passport will be in an embassy getting a visa inserted while the owner will be using the second passport to travel.

• Like 2

One asks!

Often needed in the case of frequent travel and the need to obtain visas or when travel between two countries may be denied if the "wrong" stamps are in the passport (Try entering some Arab countries with a passport that contains Israeli immigration stamps)

Thought nobody could have two PP...........?

Yes, you can have two passports. Many oil patch workers have two. You need a letter from a company stating why when you apply.

I am using this address to contact vfsglobal to make an appointment

BangkokHMPO@vfshelpline.com

Is this correct? As all I get is automated response without ever getting an appointment?

Is this correct? As all I get is automated response without ever getting an appointment?

That is the address found on the GOV.UK website, it should be correct

There have been a couple of reports of problems when using 'custom' email addresses: try using a generic gmail address and see if that helps.

• Like 1

OK I sent an email this morning with my 'custom' email, got the using automated response, still waiting for a human reply 3 hours later.

I have now sent a an email using an gmail account, again got the automated response.

Lets see what happens.

OK I sent an email this morning with my 'custom' email, got the using automated response, still waiting for a human reply 3 hours later.

I have now sent a an email using an gmail account, again got the automated response.

Lets see what happens.

I recently applied for an appointment at Trendy, once I had sent my email request I received the auto response virtually immediately and then a couple of hours later I received a very nice email from Trendy confirming my first choice of appointment. My email was sent from gmail and it seems that currently they are doing quick turnarounds, I hope this helped and you get your confirmation email shortly

Incredible

15 min after sending via gmail, they replied to my original 'custom' email.

So happy days

• Like 2

My recent appointment request was answered within 2/3 hours. Whereas another poster didn't get his response for 2 to 3 days.

Difference between our requests was that mine wanted an appointment within six days whereas the other poster wanted his after about a couple of weeks.

Maybe they respond sooner to emails requesting earlier appointments?

Edit - just seen your recent email of success. Good news.

Edited by dabhand

My recent appointment request was answered within 2/3 hours. Whereas another poster didn't get his response for 2 to 3 days.

Difference between our requests was that mine wanted an appointment within six days whereas the other poster wanted his after about a couple of weeks.

Maybe they respond sooner to emails requesting earlier appointments?

Edit - just seen your recent email of success. Good news.

No, I asked months ahead, next or same day day response.

• Like 1

Yes, you can have two passports. Many oil patch workers have two. You need a letter from a company stating why when you apply.

I have two British passports and work in the oil patch I just sent a mail to Trendy today asking for an appointment on Thursday afternoon and 3 hours later they sent me a confirmation letter.

You are correct you need a letter from the company to explain the reason why you need to hold two passports. I have held two passports for more than 30 years