BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Basset

Changes To British Passport Services In Thailand

how long do you get to collect your new passport

i recall reading somewhere 10 days but not sure

thanks

I remember reading you have a month to collect it, but others may correct me on that.

Edited by blackcab

I remember reading you have a month to collect it, but others may correct me on that.

dosen't say anything in the email that they sent saying ready for collection

I think if you go back several pages in this long topic you will find where a person was advised by Trendy they will hold the passport for 30 days.

dosen't say anything in the email that they sent saying ready for collection

Trendy have stated in the past that they would send uncollected passports back to the UK for destruction if they were not collected within a month of arrival, if nothing had been heard from the original applicant.

• Like 1

How long from when you contact them till you get an appointment and can you request an appointment window 1 month later ?

How long from when you contact them till you get an appointment and can you request an appointment window 1 month later ?

Last month I sent an email request on the 9th for an appointment on the 17, 18 or 19th. Go a reply the same day confirming 18th. No idea how far in advance it is possible to book.

• Like 1

Just like to say it took 14 days turnaround on my passport for those wondering about current timescales....very efficient. No queues.

I gave driving license/bank statement and lease and that combo seemed to do with no further paperwork requested.

13 days from handing in paperwork for return and that was for a damaged passport which required new countersignature photos and details of the counter-signatory. WRT proof of address I was able to use a simple letter signed and stamped by the juristic person at the condo confirming that I was residing there. No hassle, very quick process overall. The only problem was that I paid for a jumbo 48 page and simply received standard 9but was charged for Jumbo). However having got my grubby paws on the passport I was not prepared to wait for a new one to be issued. Also with tourist visas it would seem better to get a fresh passport more regularly when applying at nearby consulates.