Household Insurance

Yorkshire Lass

Hello everyone

My husband, 9 year old daughter and I have lived in Chiang Mai since the beginning of the year. Unfortunately after 4 months of living here we were completely cleared out in a robbery (television, lap top, electronic keyboard, PS2 etc etc). This happened during the day on a so-called 'secure' complex with 24 hour security...

We did not have insurance to cover the stolen goods. My question is can anyone recommend where I can get this as an ex-pat as I can only find information on health insurance?

Many thanks!!

I posted this yesterday in the other thread on robberies....

Yes they have p1p, I just got covered today for Earthquake, Lightening strikes, Explosion, Fire, Storm and Tempest, Vehicle Impact, Aircraft Impact, Smoke and Water damage, but excluding flooding, and timber houses.

Relplacement value on all items and not subject to a maximum on any one item, but not to exceed 10% of the sum insured. i.e. your laptop gets stolen.....maximum claim is 100,000 baht on a one million baht contents cover. 50,000 baht on half a million cover.

They photograph everything in your house so you can't "over insure" to get more back

Very helpful company and they speak english....AIG SE Asia in Siphoom Road 053-416161