Trang offers 10 baht for every dead rat

webfact

Trang offers 10 baht for every dead rat
By Coconuts Bangkok

ratbounty.jpg
The colorful rat campaign. Photo: State Media

TRANG: -- Confronted with an infestation of rats and persistent poverty in Trang province, health officials had an epiphany: Pay the people to kill the rats.

As the population of little rodents is exploding out of control in Trang’s south, health officials on Nov. 5 began offering a THB10 bounty for every rat turned in.

A survey conducted in 26 of Trang’s communities estimated the wet-season rat population edged up to over 43,000, according to Dr Witthaya Phrommee, chief of the municipal health and environment division.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/20/trang-offers-10-baht-every-dead-rat

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-20

This will just lead to people breeding rats to sell lol. This is as useful as our plan to pay the villagers for tips on roadside bombs. So then they started making them and then reporting them to us for payment lol.

• Like 1

Obviously they have an official rat counter.

How do they get them to stand still?... And do they paint an X on each rat's back to show it has already been counted??

Makes me laugh, they kill rats, it is not a problem.... Then they leave manky, festering and mangy dogs to lounge about and biting folks at will.

• Like 2

This method was tried in CM several years ago, the first day the rat hunters/killers broke the bank with the number turned in for payment, those left over may have went on the bbq. It did reduce the numbers seen during the daylight hours around the old city moat

This will just lead to people breeding rats to sell lol. This is as useful as our plan to pay the villagers for tips on roadside bombs. So then they started making them and then reporting them to us for payment lol.

It's happened before with the French in Hanoi ...

The Great Hanoi Rat Massacre 1902

In Hanoi, under French colonial rule, a program paying people a bounty for each rat tail handed in was intended to exterminate rats. Instead, it led to the farming of rats.[1]

I would imagine that Roland will be avoiding Trang for the foreseeable

I'd say Roland would be emotionally traumatised by all of this, he may even have close family members effected by this.

What's wrong with these people. Keep ur chin up Roland !

(Do rats have chins?)

I'd say Roland would be emotionally traumatised by all of this, he may even have close family members effected by this.

(Do rats have chins?)

Maybe hes already been ratted out?

(Do rats have chins?)

Maybe hes already been ratted out?

Roland can be a little teste at times. He keeps odd company.

I suspect he's a Wheel and Hampster Attorneys trying to launch an action against this current state of affairs.

Roland, where are you?

• Like 1

They'd never consider getting rid of the habitat by cleaning up the garbage.

They are trying in NYC - but still rat population there equals human population. But maybe farang rats are just smarter....

Rats are indeed smart.... But I don't think Roland is the sharpest tool in the shed.

I just heard about something similar happening in the USA about PS4's.

Some company offered a "beat their price coupon" on them.

A plethora of people set up Amazon pages with a lower price & damned near made them go broke.

I forget the company names involved.

=============================================

A bounty on worthless soi-dogs.....I shall say no more on that subject, aside from the fact that I love my dog.

I just don't love everybody else's dog, and and I wish every dog had a loving owner.

Some don't though, an if euthanasia is the Final Solution, well...

Really, think about it.......a country SWARMING with stray dogs that too damned lazy to catch rats???

Who am I to argue with Ali G about euthanasia?

They are trying in NYC - but still rat population there equals human population. But maybe farang rats are just smarter....

I'm not sure about smarter but they are richer, all of the falang rats are rich. rflo

"...but still rat population there equals human population."

How can they tell the difference?

"...but still rat population there equals human population."

How can they tell the difference?

50% probability principle?