Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

I wonder how the "Elite" team will handle that new less than official long pseudo immigration form that asks for all that information about social media sites, bank accounts, where you frequent, etc. Anybody gotten the extension yet handled by the Elite folks? How much paperwork did they require to process it all for you?

I wonder how the "Elite" team will handle that new less than official long pseudo immigration form that asks for all that information about social media sites, bank accounts, where you frequent, etc. Anybody gotten the extension yet handled by the Elite folks? How much paperwork did they require to process it all for you?

Be reassured.

The process to become member and subsequent formalities are very easy, done efficiently and with a minimum of paperwork.

Why don't you join as a member to experience it by yourself?

You will be amazed. It can really make your stay in Thailand much easier and enjoyable :)

Obviously paying 1900 per year is a 'drop in the bucket' after handing over 500k

But you would think paying such a large sum they would waive the yearly extension cost.

Its a bit petty.

they call you elite visitor but you are still subject to the same rules as retirement visa and reporting every 90 days

• Like 1

Obviously paying 1900 per year is a 'drop in the bucket' after handing over 500k

But you would think paying such a large sum they would waive the yearly extension cost.

Its a bit petty.

they call you elite visitor but you are still subject to the same rules as retirement visa and reporting every 90 days

You are totally right that it would be convenient for the members not to have to make the 90 report.

On the bright side, this is one of the things Thailand Elite is thinking about, and hopefully will be reality soon.

On the other side, very very few members stay in the country a full year. Most members go in and out rather often.

If you see the Thailand Elite membership only as a way to get an easy long term visa, it is a bit short sighted. There is much more to the membership than only the PE visa, however great and super convenient this visa may be.

I (of course) do not agree with you in considering the membership fee a "large sum of money", but it is a question of perspective.

Not all people live in the "thaivisa type of world". Believe me or not, there is another world in which you can find successful people who are very happy to pay a very affordable fee (small for some) (negligible for others), in exchange of the peace of mind that the Thailand Elite membership provides.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Be reassured.

The process to become member and subsequent formalities are very easy, done efficiently and with a minimum of paperwork.

You will be amazed. It can really make your stay in Thailand much easier and enjoyable smile.png

Why don't you answer my question about that new form being required (if you have any first hand knowledge of it) instead of asking me questions? I have no need for the Elite Visa at this point in time, but am considering it for the near future especially given all the hoops other visa holders seem to be having to jump through.

Why don't you answer my question about that new form being required (if you have any first hand knowledge of it) instead of asking me questions? I have no need for the Elite Visa at this point in time, but am considering it for the near future especially given all the hoops other visa holders seem to be having to jump through.

Also not directly answering the question smile.png

The issue of what you are asked to do when applying for an extension of stay is quite irrelevant for almost all TE visa holders. It only applies if you never travel. As a practical matter, those who are comfortably off and not working will rarely stay in one place for over a year without traveling for pleasure, or to see friends and family.

Those TE members who choose to do 90-day reports themselves could, I suppose, get caught by this. We need to wait and see.

Be reassured.

You will be amazed. It can really make your stay in Thailand much easier and enjoyable smile.png

I was of the understanding that the Immigration Questionnaire is not a requirement... its 'optional' and was instigated at the whim of one Immigration Major-Gen at one office...

TheSiemReaper pointed me to this article in Bangkok Post about potential new benefits of the program being considered.

It has some interesting numbers, like the current expense per card, and it says they “sold 30-40 individual memberships since it increased the fee to 2 million” which I believe is about two years ago, then they go on to say that the new perks are “aimed at boosting sales by at least 10% in 2017”. So that translates to a goal of two additional memberships in 2017?

Personally I am very much on the fence about the card. I generally visit Thailand twice a year for 90 days each time. Immigration is handled in less than 20 minutes but getting a 60 day tourist visa beforehand and a 30 day extension when in Thailand is a minor nuisance which would be nice to avoid, but not really a 50,000 baht nuisance. My problem is not with affording the membership, but justifying it.

In a previous post gerry1101 said “There is much more to the membership than only the PE visa”

But to me all of these perks are meaningless because anyone can buy them, and cheaper than what you effectively pay via your TE membership. Adding more of this stuff (as it sounds like they plan) isn’t going to make the card any more attractive or easier to justify.

They need to add privileges that cannot be bought for money, like they have already done with the PE visa and immigration fast track (OK, the latter is for sale), and it sounds like they are considering adding another exclusive privilege with the land ownership.

Curious if gerry1101 can elaborate on the comment of his that I quoted above or if people can think of other privileges they could add to the card that would make it more attractive.

As said, I am very much on the fence, since I would avoid trips to the Thai embassy, immigration, and can stay for more than 90 days, but it’s hard not to look at the numbers. Best case I would avoid two visits to immigration, two visits to the Thai embassy, and one border run. For this, I will pay 100,000 baht or 20,000 baht per item in the previous list in order to not having to do it.

500,000 Baht equates to about $14,2586 USD (I used 35:1) for five years. This works out to $2857 USD per year, or $238 per month. For someone that is under 50 years old or not married to a Thai this might not be a bad way to go (I you can afford it).

TheSiemReaper pointed me to this article in Bangkok Post about potential new benefits of the program being considered.

It has some interesting numbers, like the current expense per card, and it says they “sold 30-40 individual memberships since it increased the fee to 2 million” which I believe is about two years ago, then they go on to say that the new perks are “aimed at boosting sales by at least 10% in 2017”. So that translates to a goal of two additional memberships in 2017?

Personally I am very much on the fence about the card. I generally visit Thailand twice a year for 90 days each time. Immigration is handled in less than 20 minutes but getting a 60 day tourist visa beforehand and a 30 day extension when in Thailand is a minor nuisance which would be nice to avoid, but not really a 50,000 baht nuisance. My problem is not with affording the membership, but justifying it.

In a previous post gerry1101 said “There is much more to the membership than only the PE visa”

But to me all of these perks are meaningless because anyone can buy them, and cheaper than what you effectively pay via your TE membership. Adding more of this stuff (as it sounds like they plan) isn’t going to make the card any more attractive or easier to justify.

They need to add privileges that cannot be bought for money, like they have already done with the PE visa and immigration fast track (OK, the latter is for sale), and it sounds like they are considering adding another exclusive privilege with the land ownership.

Curious if gerry1101 can elaborate on the comment of his that I quoted above or if people can think of other privileges they could add to the card that would make it more attractive.

As said, I am very much on the fence, since I would avoid trips to the Thai embassy, immigration, and can stay for more than 90 days, but it’s hard not to look at the numbers. Best case I would avoid two visits to immigration, two visits to the Thai embassy, and one border run. For this, I will pay 100,000 baht or 20,000 baht per item in the previous list in order to not having to do it.

I think that at this time of your life you better stay with the 60 tourist visa + extension.

The Thailand Elite option is not yet suitable for you.

It is ideal for those who do not need to worry about the "numbers", those who travel in and out often and want to feel welcome each time they come back, those who think that even a single hour at an embassy or immigration is too much, etc...

So, in my opinion, keep doing as you do with the tourist visa option. It works well for you.

The various advantages of the membership are explained on the website, on the Facebook page, and also countless times on this forum.

But advantages that are not palpable are: No time lost and, most importantly, this feeling of being welcome back in the country each time we travel out. This is priceless and only members can understand.

Edited by gerry1011

I have had the easy access about 18 months.The best thing for me with the card is the fast track immigration service at the airport, with my schedule flying all the time but I actually not flying Business that much. When you get the Membership they send you a form email saying "now you can live in Thailand as a Thai." Not quite, finally they admit it's a tourist Visa. Back and forth with the land office. eventually I was explained cannot get yellow book for the condominium I own as (PE) is not a non-o visa and thus does not constitute "a legal residence" in Thailand. Back to the Fast Track for the Past few months at Swampy only there seems to be a conflict with the company running the blue suited security guards operating the X-ray in front of VIP immigration. Used to go through no problem just showing the card. In January almost missed a flight. They are being told Business class/fast track card only. Last time they only relented after the Thailand Elite agent argued with them for 5 minutes. This is even with a Thailand Elite sign at the door and a Huge Thailand Elite banner the IO desk. Little bit worried Thailand Elite has promised something they can't deliver.

• Like 1

It is ideal for those who do not need to worry about the "numbers", those who travel in and out often and want to feel welcome each time they come back

I don’t worry about the numbers, but I nonetheless need to justify the expense to myself smile.png Like buying a 20,000 baht/night hotel room, sure I can afford it, but is it really worth it?

Do you know that you can buy VIP meet & greet with fast track immigration for about a thousand baht?

Here’s the description from one such service:

• Our friendly Airport Hostess or host will meet & greet with you at the arrival gate […]
  • She or he will help with carry-on luggage and lead you to the exclusive fast track immigration counters, where he or she will assist with immigration documents […]
  • After collecting your luggage from the Bangkok Airport baggage claim area, she or he will then guide you through customs and deliver your bags to one of our limousines that just then pulls up in front of the arrival hall of the Airport. […]

To me that sounds like exactly the same as what Thai Elite does to make you feel welcome and the market seems to value this at around a thousand baht.

those who think that even a single hour at an embassy or immigration is too much, etc...

You make it sound like you’re at a completely different level. Would you be willing to pay 20-50,000 baht to avoid waiting at the hospital? Or any other place with a queue? I am thinking properly not. Waiting in line is tedious, but most rational people won’t pay a fortune to avoid it, regardless of how much money they have.

Also worth mentioning that there are VISA agencies that you can pay to handle your immigration office interactions and they do seem to have some fast track capabilities.

The various advantages of the membership are explained on the website […]

OK, thanks for clarifying. I am familiar with the bullet lists, but wasn’t sure if perhaps you referred to less tangible benefits, for example having the Thai Elite concierge get seats to the normally fully booked Nahm with just a few hours notice.

It is ideal for those who do not need to worry about the "numbers", those who travel in and out often and want to feel welcome each time they come back

I don’t worry about the numbers, but I nonetheless need to justify the expense to myself smile.png Like buying a 20,000 baht/night hotel room, sure I can afford it, but is it really worth it?

Do you know that you can buy VIP meet & greet with fast track immigration for about a thousand baht?

Here’s the description from one such service:

• Our friendly Airport Hostess or host will meet & greet with you at the arrival gate […]
  • She or he will help with carry-on luggage and lead you to the exclusive fast track immigration counters, where he or she will assist with immigration documents […]
  • After collecting your luggage from the Bangkok Airport baggage claim area, she or he will then guide you through customs and deliver your bags to one of our limousines that just then pulls up in front of the arrival hall of the Airport. […]
To me that sounds like exactly the same as what Thai Elite does to make you feel welcome and the market seems to value this at around a thousand baht.

those who think that even a single hour at an embassy or immigration is too much, etc...

You make it sound like you’re at a completely different level. Would you be willing to pay 20-50,000 baht to avoid waiting at the hospital? Or any other place with a queue? I am thinking properly not. Waiting in line is tedious, but most rational people won’t pay a fortune to avoid it, regardless of how much money they have.

Also worth mentioning that there are VISA agencies that you can pay to handle your immigration office interactions and they do seem to have some fast track capabilities.

The various advantages of the membership are explained on the website […]

OK, thanks for clarifying. I am familiar with the bullet lists, but wasn’t sure if perhaps you referred to less tangible benefits, for example having the Thai Elite concierge get seats to the normally fully booked Nahm with just a few hours notice.

Just keep going with the 60 days tourist visa.

It really makes more sense from your perspective.

We may indeed not look at things from the same level...

Nothing wrong with tourist visas, fast track organized on a per case basis, visa agencies, etc... All good options, feasible, cheaper, and easier to justify to oneself.

Yes, with the ability to do a 30 day extension or get a multi-entry visa which gives 60 days each time you re-enter (valid for 6 months), this is a somewhat acceptable solution.

I would probably be willing to pay 10-20,000 baht to avoid a border run, of which I would at most do two per year, which for me puts the value of the PE visa at 20-40,000 baht/year.

In order to justify the membership, I’ve tried to add the value of the other services to this (fast track, lounge access, limousine pickup, etc.), all this has a known value because everyone can buy it, we can even add the cost of a personal assistant to schedule our pickups etc., but there’s still a long way up to 60-80,000 baht/year for these services.

If it’s not clear, I really do wish I could justify the membership and I had hoped that you could supply me with some good arguments to rationalize it smile.png but with my current pattern it just doesn’t make sense to pay so much to avoid doing a 30 day extension twice a year, or even a border run. If I was staying longer in Thailand, I think it would be more attractive, which is ironic, because above you said that seeing it as an “easy long term visa, is a bit short sighted”, but really, this is the only value I see in their package, because it’s the only thing you cannot get outside the Thai Elite program.

According to the Bangkok Post article their cost per card is 130,000-140,000 baht/year which, given the above, is rather puzzling. How exactly are they spending all that money? If we take the PE visa out of the equation, it seems we should be able to offer all the same benefits, using already existing subcontractors, at a price significantly lower than what Thai Elite charges. With the golf and spa benefits, Thai Elite actually charge 128,400 baht/year.

On the other side, very very few members stay in the country a full year. Most members go in and out rather often.

If you see the Thailand Elite membership only as a way to get an easy long term visa, it is a bit short sighted. There is much more to the membership than only the PE visa, however great and super convenient this visa may be.

I'm one of these few people. I got my TE membership in June 2014 and haven't left Thailand since. I extended last June at the end of the first year and I will extend it again next month at the end of the second year.

These days I'm tired of the whole travel thing. I guess you can get kind of bored with anything in the end and it becomes a chore.

I did a lot of travelling all over the world back in my 20's and 30's. For me it's time to 'chill' for a decade or so.

• Like 1

They confirmed that I can enter one day before my membership expires and get a one year grant of stay. So effectively the Easy Access Membership would be usable for 6 years (if you do not leave Thailand during the last year).

This is an ineresting development and it's the first time I've heard anyone confirm this with Thailand Elite.

Previously I was working on the assumption that the entry would be until the visa / membership expires.

I do wonder what happens when it comes time to renew as mine is just the 5 year membership. I will need to renew my passport before renewing my TE visa so I guess I'll be looking into this sometime in the first half of 2019.

Yes, with the ability to do a 30 day extension or get a multi-entry visa which gives 60 days each time you re-enter (valid for 6 months), this is a somewhat acceptable solution.

I would probably be willing to pay 10-20,000 baht to avoid a border run, of which I would at most do two per year, which for me puts the value of the PE visa at 20-40,000 baht/year.

In order to justify the membership, I’ve tried to add the value of the other services to this (fast track, lounge access, limousine pickup, etc.), all this has a known value because everyone can buy it, we can even add the cost of a personal assistant to schedule our pickups etc., but there’s still a long way up to 60-80,000 baht/year for these services.

If it’s not clear, I really do wish I could justify the membership and I had hoped that you could supply me with some good arguments to rationalize it smile.png but with my current pattern it just doesn’t make sense to pay so much to avoid doing a 30 day extension twice a year, or even a border run. If I was staying longer in Thailand, I think it would be more attractive, which is ironic, because above you said that seeing it as an “easy long term visa, is a bit short sighted”, but really, this is the only value I see in their package, because it’s the only thing you cannot get outside the Thai Elite program.

According to the Bangkok Post article their cost per card is 130,000-140,000 baht/year which, given the above, is rather puzzling. How exactly are they spending all that money? If we take the PE visa out of the equation, it seems we should be able to offer all the same benefits, using already existing subcontractors, at a price significantly lower than what Thai Elite charges. With the golf and spa benefits, Thai Elite actually charge 128,400 baht/year.

You think too much ;)

The Thailand Elite option is not suitable for you, we all got it.

We are all happy that you found, and will stick to, the more affordable tourist visa option.

I fully agree with you. For your own situation, and with you own perception of "value", there is absolutely no reason for you to become a member of Thailand Elite.

If your chosen option makes you happy each time you come back to Thailand, why would you even consider anything else. Just be happy :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Not yet 50 when I applied the easy access worked out for me.
I have condo in Chiang Mai and go there frequently. I don't work in Thailand. It was never practical for me as a US citizen to get tourist visas, would have involved getting a second passport and applying to LA embassy by mail. My job requires almost monthly international travel, can't without passport.

Now I hear people with valid tourist visas are turned away. That would be ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect