'Beach Patrol of Pattaya' Project launched by Police Commander

webfact

Post discussing moderation removed

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Last night i walked from Soi 13 to Walking Street and back. Probably 3 kilometre total walking. Did I see any "orange shirts" ? Not 1.

All I saw was a few BIB under their tarpaulin shelters FB messaging and talking on their mobiles, oblivious to the world around them.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One thing I have noticed in the last few months, I don't hear the drug dealers saying "marijuana, or cocaine when I walk by them. This is a good sigh as it used to happen without fail before. They don't seem to be gone but just linger in along the walk.

Firstly, they say "Wana Wana".

And secondly, these dealers are still there.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One thing I have noticed in the last few months, I don't hear the drug dealers saying "marijuana, or cocaine when I walk by them. This is a good sigh as it used to happen without fail before. They don't seem to be gone but just linger in along the walk.

Firstly, they say "Wana Wana".

And secondly, these dealers are still there.

In Jomtien too.

There was one guy, one a bicycle all done up in rasta colors with ganja leave motif.

Did I read he was in the monkey house now?

I have a feeling these new security will get rid of the girls and grass (the fun stuff) but the jet ski guys will keep on going.

Edited by WillLangdon

they are clearing the beach of girls every night now, but still no orange shirts. I hope these girls are questioning why in the freest country in the world they have to pay 200b to be in a public area, but i doubt it

Edited by slygeeza

these guys arent volunteers, they all have guns, however I very much doubt that apart from the PR they will exist in reality, there was no sign of them on the beach tonight but maybe they were taking a well deserved holiday, but time will tell

Has this already been started? I got the impression that it is in the very early days so far, so perhaps it's not been rolled out in full yet.

I do think this is a great idea - the new high visibility uniforms look great, and obviously much cooler than the standard police uniforms. Well done! It would be great to see this put into practice at all tourist beach centres throughout the country.

they were on the beach yesterday being filmed by a TV station, they were wearing guns so they arent voluteers. today the only police to be seen were the 2 in standard uniforms that attend the jetski scams opposite Mikes, if I may be so derogatory. I also think its a great idea, but weather they come out again is a matter of speculation indeed

I keep meaning to head down to Mike's shopping mall and watch the jet ski scam unfold.

Would be a great idea if some Thai could set up some bleacher seating and then sell

tickets to clued in tourists.... :-) Am amazed that there would be a real uniformed policemen

attending the jet ski scam assisting the scammers. I thought standard MO

was to use a tourist policeman " am so big sorry Indian man, you must to pay 50,000

baht or you go monkey house". I pray for the day when Prayut brings this national

shame of a scam to an end. The money involved must be staggering....

• 2 months later...