Obama offer to 5m illegal migrants

webfact

Why is it that people always seem to blame the poor and underprivileged for so many of the worlds problems? When in fact, that these immigrants are always being exploited and used to increase the wealth by their privileged masters. This is not just an American issue, but a worldwide issue. What ever happened to the belief in equality. All men are created equal?

It must be remembered that the US stole, what is now, the southwest US, including California and Texas and justified it with trumped up charges that led to the Mexican war. So, in my opinion Mexicans should have a chance to better their lives.

the USA has a problem with latin americans wanting to come in (christian religion) TO WORK

Europe has a problem of MUSLIM INVASION that hates NON MUSLIM, BUT LOVE THE SOCIAL SECURITY

The illegal aliens who have come to America often do work -- work at wage busting and kill entire job classifications for Americans - construction, meat packing, etc. We have 16 million American Citizens out of work. Illegal aliens - especially wives and girlfriends are nearly all on public benefits - lying about not having a wage earner in the household, then stealing another social security number and applying again under another name in another office,.

Using stolen social security numbers - the Head of Household of the Illegal Alien household - files income tax claims for 8-10-12 FAKE children using more stolen Social Security Numbers and GUESS WHAT ? Over a 10 year period - Billions upon Billions of dollars paid out to illegal aliens.

One hospital in Dallas, Texas - Parkland Hospital gives Free maternity care and child birth to 10,0000 illegal alien babies EACH YEAR... that is one hospital - multiply that by the other 4 such hospitals in Texas - then by dozens of similar hospitals in the American south and south west... then you begin to get the picture.

This is the tip of the iceberg -- the total number of illegal aliens in American is around 20 million -- not the 7-9 million liberals have been bandying around since 2005.

You seem to have a very simplistic understanding of what is going on in America when it comes to illegal aliens

Just a point...they aren't illegal alien babies. They are fully minted and native born US citizens according to you precious constitution.

You are correct - there are some few exceptions - but mainly you are correct about this insanity of childbirth right.

OH -- and Correction the number is 10,000 ... I typed wrong ... The total number each year is enormous

Why is it that people always seem to blame the poor and underprivileged for so many of the worlds problems? When in fact, that these immigrants are always being exploited and used to increase the wealth by their privileged masters. This is not just an American issue, but a worldwide issue. What ever happened to the belief in equality. All men are created equal?

It must be remembered that the US stole, what is now, the southwest US, including California and Texas and justified it with trumped up charges that led to the Mexican war. So, in my opinion Mexicans should have a chance to better their lives.

True example of hyperbole...

• Like 2

Sorry, I.m just doing my best to piss off the far right!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

obama lifts middle finger to entire nation. Political stunt.

He had to do something dramatic to make himself feel relevent, too bad he chose to circumvent the Constitution rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry, I.m just doing my best to piss off the far right!!

Take off the blinders and smell the coffee there strapper, the U.S. electorate certainly did just that a couple of weeks ago smile.png Obama is toast, the only thing he will be doing for the next two years is using his veto pen, which is fine by me because then it will force those Democrat Senators who are up for reelection in 2016 to either override his veto or be on record for voting against items that the U.S. electorate want thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

The Bush did it syndrome -- a mental affliction that is incurable

You're right, Working on the 31st floor of the North Tower while the plane hit, sure gave me a mental affliction like why is my president at the time busy playing golf when there's a report on his desk titled "Bin Laden determined to attack United States".

But I digress.. I won't waste my time trying to change your mind or anyone elses.

• Like 2

Obama was elected twice with much greater voter input than the recent elections, so he is more legitimate than the congress.

Doing similar things as previous REPUBLICAN presidents now.

I thank him for not caving to the xenophobic far right wing which has taken over the congress.

• Like 2

President Lincoln issued his Emancipation Proclamation by Executive Order to free US slaves and President Truman used Executive Order to racially desegregate the US armed forces.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/14/clyburn_on_immigration_lincoln_used_the_executive_order_to_do_the_emancipation_proclamation.html#ooid=swZXNwcTp00VFA-3zTqSGORhznE1NI_3

Clyburn on Immigration: "Lincoln Used The Executive Order To Do The Emancipation Proclamation
Rate this post

REP. JIM CLYBURN (D-South Carolina): [The Senate immigration reform bill has] been here in the House for 18 months. I think it's high time that the president were to act. As you know, I have been urging the president to use the executive orders to do this. I think it would put him in big company.

Lincoln use the executive order to do the Emancipation Proclamation. Truman used it on the armed services. I can go down and see where the presidents have used their executive authority to do some mighty big things that have very positive impacts on the country. So, I am calling upon the president to take his place among that group that I just enunciated. I think it's very, very important for him to do so.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/14/clyburn_on_immigration_lincoln_used_the_executive_order_to_do_the_emancipation_proclamation.html

So you think it is a good idea for Obama, to grant amnesty to several million illegals. OMG!

Call it what you want, but it's "Amnesty" by any other name. How many times have we granted "Amnesty" over the last several decades. Heck, we might as well open our borders and let them all come in because with bleeding heart Democrats like Obama our borders are as good as open now.

• Like 1

I drive from San Diego to Los Angeles several times a week. On the way back to LA there is a rest stop. You know how I know if the 2nd border crossing is screening cars? because the ENTIRE lot is full of illegals sleeping in their cars. There must be some kind of secret signal that tells them the checkpoint is open. Who knows what else is getting through in those cars. You can speculate on your own. When I got to the checkpoint I told a officer that the rest stop is full of illegals, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "we know."

That's it in a nuttshell.

Nobody gives a rats bunghole. It's all for show. The HUGE budget to stop illegals is bigger than most countries GDP. It's an idustry like any other.

We, as farangs, (for the most part), obey Thailands immigration laws and respect the visa rules. Because we know the penalty if we get caught--we get banished from the place we love so much. Do you think Thailand or even Mexico would ever grant it's illegals a 5 million person amnesty??? Didn't think so.

One more reason I want to move to Asia permanently (and maybe be an illegal myself)

• Like 1

Seventy-five percent of all Americans across the political spectrum support the provision in the president's executive order which implements comprehensive immigration reform, most specifically as its central features, the following...

Essentially, the bill would allow undocumented immigrants who have been in the U.S. since before 2012—and who are also in good standing with law—to apply for a newly created status, "Registered Provisional Immigrant," which is good for six years, at which point it can be renewed for another six. After ten years as an RPI, and provided they meet certain requirements, immigrants can apply for Lawful Permanent Residence, or a green card; after three years with a green card, they may apply for citizenship.

This means a 13-year path to citizenship for most undocumented immigrants.

Significantly, the following groups of individuals would no longer be subject to quotas:

1) Spouses and children of EB immigrants

2) EB-1A persons of extraordinary ability

3) EB-1B outstanding professors and researchers

4) EB-1C multinational executives and managers

5) Persons holding a doctorate degree in any field

6) Physicians

• Who have completed their 2-year home residency requirement
  • Who have received an Interest Government Agency J waiver
  • Included are MDs who completed their service requirement before the enactment of this law

7) Persons with an advanced STEM degree from a U.S. university

• Who have an offer of employment in the U.S. in a related field; and
  • If they earned their degree within 5 years of the petition filing

8) The 10,000 cap on unskilled workers in the EB-3 category is abolished

http://gawker.com/whats-the-deal-with-the-immigration-reform-bill-a-guid-570781055

What does this link have to do with Obama's executive order?

Your link relates to Senate bill S.744, the "Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act."

This bill was passed by the Senate in June 2013 but failed to garner any Republican support when Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) refused to negotiate the bill with Republicans in the House.

You failed to provide a link in support of your allegation that 75% of Americans support the Executive Order provisions. Please provide one.

You also failed to provide the link where your eight talking points came from. I could not find them in the link you provided on S.744.

Actually close to zero if the Mexicans are going to register. That's because they are going to owe back taxes & they don't have a pot to piss in.

The USG, state governments, the Chamber of Commerce, the Business Roundtable, the Department of the Treasury, Congressional Budget Office and many others do cost-benefit analyses of many issues of concern, immigration of any and all categories being a prominent one. While not every immigrant pays taxes or draws some category of government transfer funds, immigrants pay into the system too.

More need to pay in and fewer need to take out, but the overall cost-benefit ratio of immigrants to the United States is historically and presently a strong positive, common and popular myths, cliches and misconceptions notwithstanding.

A 2007 Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report on the impact of undocumented immigrants on the budgets of local and state governments cited IRS figures showing that 50% to 75% of the about 11 million unauthorized U.S. immigrants file and pay income taxes each year.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/economy/immigration-myths/

the USA has a problem with latin americans wanting to come in (christian religion) TO WORK

Europe has a problem of MUSLIM INVASION that hates NON MUSLIM, BUT LOVE THE SOCIAL SECURITY

The illegal aliens who have come to America often do work -- work at wage busting and kill entire job classifications for Americans - construction, meat packing, etc. We have 16 million American Citizens out of work. Illegal aliens - especially wives and girlfriends are nearly all on public benefits - lying about not having a wage earner in the household, then stealing another social security number and applying again under another name in another office,.

Using stolen social security numbers - the Head of Household of the Illegal Alien household - files income tax claims for 8-10-12 FAKE children using more stolen Social Security Numbers and GUESS WHAT ? Over a 10 year period - Billions upon Billions of dollars paid out to illegal aliens.

One hospital in Dallas, Texas - Parkland Hospital gives Free maternity care and child birth to 10,0000 illegal alien babies EACH YEAR... that is one hospital - multiply that by the other 4 such hospitals in Texas - then by dozens of similar hospitals in the American south and south west... then you begin to get the picture.

This is the tip of the iceberg -- the total number of illegal aliens in American is around 20 million -- not the 7-9 million liberals have been bandying around since 2005.

You seem to have a very simplistic understanding of what is going on in America when it comes to illegal aliens

There are a lot of myths, cliches, outright fiction involved in the matter of immigration especially from the fringe hard right political sector.

Sure, there are abuses as in almost anything else. But the serious research and documentation shows immigration is a net positive for the United States in the short run and in the long run.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

Non-citizen immigrant adults and children are about 25% less likely to be signed up for Medicaid than their poor native-born equivalents and are also 37% less likely to receive food stamps, according to a 2013 study by the Cato Institute.

A CBO report on the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 concluded that a path to legalization for immigrants would increase federal revenues by $48 billion. Such a plan would see $23 billion in increased costs from the use of public services, but ultimately, it would produce a surplus of $25 billion for government coffers, CBO said.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/economy/immigration-myths/

Wondering how Obama's Executive Order will help the economy?

Me too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMNESTY: MORE FOREIGN WORKERS THAN JOBS SINCE 2009
5 million permits, new inflow of college grads for salaried positions
Published: 15 hours ago
(DAILY CALLER) President Barack Obama’s unilateral amnesty will quickly add as many foreign workers to the nation’s legal labor force as the total number of new jobs created by his economy since 2009.
The plans, expected to be announced late Nov. 20, will distribute five million work permits to illegal immigrants, and also create a new inflow of foreign college graduates for prestigious salaried jobs, according to press reports.
Obama has already provided or promised almost one million extra work permits to foreigners, while his economy has only added six million jobs since 2009.
  • Like 1

Always amusing to hear Americans complain so much about immigration, when they are basically all immigrants themselves ...

Actually, their ancestors were most likely the immigrant..... and if that is you're criteria - all of europe would be the same since they immigrated from Africa and the Neanderthals died out --

Actually, I sometimes wonder if they all have.whistling.gif

President Lincoln issued his Emancipation Proclamation by Executive Order to free US slaves and President Truman used Executive Order to racially desegregate the US armed forces.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/14/clyburn_on_immigration_lincoln_used_the_executive_order_to_do_the_emancipation_proclamation.html#ooid=swZXNwcTp00VFA-3zTqSGORhznE1NI_3

Clyburn on Immigration: "Lincoln Used The Executive Order To Do The Emancipation Proclamation
Rate this post

REP. JIM CLYBURN (D-South Carolina): [The Senate immigration reform bill has] been here in the House for 18 months. I think it's high time that the president were to act. As you know, I have been urging the president to use the executive orders to do this. I think it would put him in big company.

Lincoln use the executive order to do the Emancipation Proclamation. Truman used it on the armed services. I can go down and see where the presidents have used their executive authority to do some mighty big things that have very positive impacts on the country. So, I am calling upon the president to take his place among that group that I just enunciated. I think it's very, very important for him to do so.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/11/14/clyburn_on_immigration_lincoln_used_the_executive_order_to_do_the_emancipation_proclamation.html

So you think it is a good idea for Obama, to grant amnesty to several million illegals. OMG!

President Reagan issued an executive order in 1987 granting amnesty to illegal aliens with a great backlash, so no president has tried amnesty since.

President Obama's executive order provides comprehensive immigration reform without any amnesty because the negative lesson of amnesty is a well learned one.

President Obama's executive order is not an amnesty. It accomplishes its purpose without the mistakes of the past.

To reiterate, everyone in Washington has learned from the Reagan experience that an amnesty for illegal immigrants is a no-win issue. So Prez Obama's executive order has nothing to do with any amnesty.....

Only the Obama bashers and the immigration phobes are trying ever so desperately to say the president's executive order is an amnesty. Prez Obama has not issued any amnesty and will never issue an amnesty.

Prez Obama accomplishes the purpose by requiring a 13 year process for illegal immigrants to legitimize their status. It is not an amnesty, it is a work and credits earned program, not a grant or an award or a recognition of illegality.

Reagan And Bush Made The Same Immigration Move That Has The GOP Enraged At Obama

President Barack Obama's anticipated order that would shield millions of immigrants now living illegally in the U.S. from deportation is not without precedent..

Two of the last three Republican presidents — Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — did the same thing.

There was no political explosion then comparable to the one Republicans are threatening now.

A tea party-influenced GOP is poised to erupt if and when Obama follows through on his promise. He wants to extend protection from deportation to millions of immigrant parents and spouses of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, and expand his 2-year-old program that shields immigrants brought illegally to this country as children.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/reagan-and-bush-made-immigration-executive-orders-2014-11#ixzz3JgxZDpJO

reagan-6817a1504ae1f81007ebb733988a8e80di

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," Ronald Reagan said in 1984.

Edited by Scott

Seventy-five percent of all Americans across the political spectrum support the provision in the president's executive order which implements comprehensive immigration reform, most specifically as its central features, the following...

Essentially, the bill would allow undocumented immigrants who have been in the U.S. since before 2012—and who are also in good standing with law—to apply for a newly created status, "Registered Provisional Immigrant," which is good for six years, at which point it can be renewed for another six. After ten years as an RPI, and provided they meet certain requirements, immigrants can apply for Lawful Permanent Residence, or a green card; after three years with a green card, they may apply for citizenship.

This means a 13-year path to citizenship for most undocumented immigrants.

Significantly, the following groups of individuals would no longer be subject to quotas:

1) Spouses and children of EB immigrants

2) EB-1A persons of extraordinary ability

3) EB-1B outstanding professors and researchers

4) EB-1C multinational executives and managers

5) Persons holding a doctorate degree in any field

6) Physicians

• Who have completed their 2-year home residency requirement
  • Who have received an Interest Government Agency J waiver
  • Included are MDs who completed their service requirement before the enactment of this law

7) Persons with an advanced STEM degree from a U.S. university

• Who have an offer of employment in the U.S. in a related field; and
  • If they earned their degree within 5 years of the petition filing

8) The 10,000 cap on unskilled workers in the EB-3 category is abolished

http://gawker.com/whats-the-deal-with-the-immigration-reform-bill-a-guid-570781055

What does this link have to do with Obama's executive order?

Your link relates to Senate bill S.744, the "Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act."

This bill was passed by the Senate in June 2013 but failed to garner any Republican support when Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) refused to negotiate the bill with Republicans in the House.

You failed to provide a link in support of your allegation that 75% of Americans support the Executive Order provisions. Please provide one.

You also failed to provide the link where your eight talking points came from. I could not find them in the link you provided on S.744.

The link to the Gallop Gallup poll is in another thread and you addressed it specifically in a post you made to the thread....check it out to see what you posted in reply to my post containing the link.

I know it's a couple of daze days later for you but do try to keep up thx.

Republicans have argued the action is beyond his authority and relations with the president will be poisoned

Does this mean that Republicans will no longer, love, respect, and support the President and all of the good things he has tried to do for the country?

Who are those bigoted, do nothing, idiots trying to fool?

Edited by Jai Dee
Oversized bold font removed - see forum netiquette in the Forum Rules
  • Like 1

Can we deport Obama? Please. Thailand, will you take him? Someone. Anyone. It's like holy cow. How were we stupid enough to elect this guy not once, but twice? Simply amazing how dumb I and the rest of Americans that ever voted for this idiot.

I try to make myself feel better that I only made that mistake the first time he ran. tongue.png

He had to do something dramatic to make himself feel relevent, too bad he chose to circumvent the Constitution rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Fiction.

Prez Reagan did it, Prez Bush did it, Prez Obama has now done it.

The single and only difference is that it presently is President Obama that has done it.

Everyone has known for a very long time this was coming and it is legal and constitutional.

Live with it.

• Like 2

Reagan regreted this action as it was tied to promises in the House that never came to pass to fulfill part of the legislative matter regarding locking down the border. Reagan's actions did not draw a rebuke from the world because it was facilitated by legislators who, disingenuously, allowed him to go out on this limb under the backroom premise that they would follow with comprehenisve legislation. So, the issue really is, can an executive pass such actions without the spoken or conceeded consent of the legislature? I assert, no. Obama's actions willfully violate his Oath of Office "..to uphold the laws..." of the United States of America.

All of us can find (mostly) precedent for our arguments; its not too hard. But the question must be, what is different about now? Why? Why would there appear to be such outrage if there were executive actions similar in the past? It is a fair question. The answer can no longer be the tired refrain "racism," or desire to "make Obama fail." What is overwhelmingly apparent now is the entire breadth of the American electorate rebuked Obama and his progressive policies. This really cannot be intellectually equvicated- the people soundly rejected the notion that "like it or not, my policies are [being voted for] this november." America spoke and instead of noting the majority who rejected him Obama argued the irrational and dangerous folly that he now represents the other voters who elected not to vote. How utterly absurd and bankrupt.

Obama is not doing 'this' "with America's acquiescence any longer, now Obama is doing this "to" America.

• Like 1

Fiction.

Prez Reagan did it, Prez Bush did it, Prez Obama has now done it.

The single and only difference is that it presently is President Obama that has done it.

Everyone has known for a very long time this was coming and it is legal and constitutional.

Live with it.

I ask you, why then is this different? Why is now different? The worn refrain of racism or obstruction is tired and base. Obstruction is built into the nature of our form of governance for such very times as these. The absurd idea that obstruction demonstrates a failure of the system and therefore the executive must act is grossly outside the scope and intent of constitutional law.

In the past you will find varying degrees of head nodding by legislators, a wink, a nod, etc. It is the perogative of the legislature to do such things, though in our republic a dangerous thing as government is invariably a Leviathan and powers rarely return to first powers, rather remain usurped. When the legislators object now they are by no accounts bound to previous abrogation of their powers. Moreover, the entire electorate has just rejected these steps that are being taken. Rarely has a mandate been so clear.

Two of the last three Republican presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush did the same thing.

Actually, that is a blatant untruth. They tweaked a law that had already been passed by congress, which is within presidential powers. Obama effectively made up his own law, which is not. He has said it himself numerous times over the last 6 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIVaa37mZv4

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2