Trainer / Consultant Needed

godzilla

Hi

This isn't exactly teaching. There are two positions here - marketing assistant and co-trainer. Ideally we want someone who can do both - network and promote, as well as training along with me. That would mean a few hundred USD as a trainer plus a percentage of gross fees for the marketing support.

We run training courses for development organizations and are planning several this year in Bangkok.

Site is www.eld.org.uk
Email address is at the web site.

These are the official job descriptions, but don't worry about jumping through all the hoops as long your response covers all the bases.

Assistant Trainer (Thailand)

Code: FACBKK

Start: January 2015

Closing Date for Applications: 30 November 2014

Role: Initially, to support ELD’s lead trainer during workshops run in Bangkok during 2015. At first, this will be primarily co-facilitating training sessions, but over time the right candidate will develop greater autonomy and may be leading some courses solo in the future, both in Thailand and neighbouring countries.

Must be based in Thailand, preferably in Bangkok

Must speak fluent English

All nationalities welcome to apply

As our courses are run only at various times in the year, this is not a full time position, and is most suitable for someone not in full-time work or with flexible employment (i.e. able to take leave)

Salary has the potential to increase with responsibility (i.e. when running training alone)

Potentially this post can be combined with the Marketing position (see below), adding a profit-sharing element to the base salary

To apply, please email as follows:

- Subject: FACBKK

- Application Letter: 2-3 pages covering:

(1) Personal background and availability

(2) Academic background

(3) Training experience

(4) Reason for Applying

(5) Expected salary

Attachments required:

Photo

CV including two referees

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Marketing and Logistics Assistant (Thailand)

Code: PROBKK

Start: January 2015

Closing Date for Applications: 30 November 2014

While ELD’s training courses do manage to attract a consistent number of participants, we are still running a lot of courses with empty places. One main reason is the lack of people on the ground in some of the countries where we work. Your job would be to help fill these empty places by:

- Identifying potential clients (International Organisations, International NGOs, National NGOs)

- Distributing informational material related to ELD services

- Visiting clients / organisations both to listen / learn about their capacity building needs as well as to discuss ELD services and responding to enquiries

Other duties would include logistic support such as:

- Ensuring international participants’ accommodation is confirmed

- Ensuring the training venue is appropriate and prepared

- Photocopying training materials and printing certificates, purchasing stationery

- General support during training

Good people skills are an essential for this position.

Please note this is a flexible position and, as such, does not carry a regular, full-time salary. Compensation will be creative, and may consist of a combination of the following:

- Free attendance as a participant on ELD courses

- A base fee per training we conduct

- An agreed percentage of fees received from participants’ organisations

Potentially this post can be combined with the Assistant Trainer position (see above).

To apply, please email as follows:

- Subject: PROBKK

- Application Letter: 1 - 2 pages covering:

(1) Personal background and availability

(2) Academic background

(3) Employment experience

(4) Reason for Applying

(5) Expected compensation

Attachments required:

Photo

CV including two referees

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

• Like 2

Posting personal information, including phone numbers and email addresses on the open forum is not permitted. I have removed a post. Please use the PM function to contact the member.

For some reason I am not able to read private messages and will only respond to applications through mail via the web site.

That would mean a few hundred USD as a trainer plus a percentage of gross fees for the marketing support.facepalm.gif

Only reading this sentence made my really difficult job, with many hours a week, much easier now.

Thanks for that. Seems that many people have just forgotten what they've got, because they experience this every day....coffee1.gif

In which part of Europe could you sit outside now and enjoy a cool beer, barbecue? Sex and Pickups and Rock n' Roll.......

A few hundred bucks could also be 200.........w00t.gif

P.S. 0.9 % of something could be less than little.

Edited by lostinisaan

That would mean a few hundred USD as a trainer plus a percentage of gross fees for the marketing support.facepalm.gif

Only reading this sentence made my really difficult job, with many hours a week, much easier now.

Thanks for that. Seems that many people have just forgotten what they've got, because they experience this every day....coffee1.gif

In which part of Europe could you sit outside now and enjoy a cool beer, barbecue? Sex and Pickups and Rock n' Roll.......

A few hundred bucks could also be 200.........w00t.gif

P.S. 0.9 % of something could be less than little.

I was estimating 5% x 1600 USD x 10 people plus 50 USD per day for a good trainer working half-day comes to somewhere around 1000 USD per 5-day training, 6 planned, so that's about 360,000 baht if all six courses run with 10 people. You sit back and enjoy your sex and pickups and rock n roll mate.

Muddyleopad, I have checked to make sure that your PM function is enabled. I have also sent you a PM to test it. On the upper right hand side to the left of your username are two icons, the first is the PM notification. A small number should appear if you have a PM. You should also get a notification by email.

If the problem persists you can post in the forum support desk which may be able to help.

Sorry for going off-topic, but I wanted to let you know, in case you don't get the PM.