Phuket authorities ‘doing nothing about jet-ski rips offs’ – Hon Con

Lite Beer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the powers that be get their significant cut from jet ski revenue, nothing will change. Too much money to be made for them.

Perhaps somebody in the area should surreptitiously create some local fly publicity. I think guerrilla media tactics are called for!

Wow!

I like this guy.

I like him too but if he makes to many headlines he will be gone. Always remember a Thai government can instruct the embassy to get him dropped over night. It should be the embassy that comes out with the story as a Hon Cons can be over night removed

• Like 1

Of course nothing will be done. The only hope is that travel web sites will highlight this on going scam loud and clear as will travel agents and tour guides although they are probably in on the

scam too.What a country ! I thought 15 years ago when I first arrived some progress v corruption may have been made in fact just the opposite and frankly the majority of Thais don't really care.

We've been hearing about the jet-ski Mafia in Phuket since the Vikings landed in Newfoundland. If anyone is stupid enough in 2014 to still rent a jet-ski in Phuket, well, let them.

An unfair comment as a farmer from the middle of Texas or Middle of Australia would probably have no idea of the scams, have booked thru travel agencies 5 times to Thailand and not once have i been warned of scams.

maybe tickets should have warnings or travel insurance issue warnings, also departure cards to Thailand from around the world should have warnings.

• Like 2

The corruption seems to go all the way to the top.

The non dictator did some stuff early in his non dictatorship just to fool people into non resistance while taking control.

Now he is doing his stand up act while his organization and partners rob the country.

I can't prove it. But what else could be going on? He clearly is not doing what he claims to be doing.

Want Thailand to listen? Fat hope unless serious trade sanctions are heavily pounded on them to wake up these government officials otherwise they would never learn. Thailand is country full of talks and phototakings but no actions!

• Like 2