Phuket authorities ‘doing nothing about jet-ski rips offs’ – Hon Con

Lite Beer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it has always been...a thorough disgrace which goes all the way to the top of the crooked authorities that manage Phuket.........

Soon the beach vendors and umbrella mafia will be back too!....

I will never go back there..........!!

I've never been there and have no intentions of going!

Ditto!.....definitely not on my bucket list. Same goes for Pattaya and Koh Tao.

...that's why they want 'quality tourists'.....???

....and so much money must be deposited in Thailand.....???

....with little or no rights.....in most cases it is quickly accessed.......one way or another....

....has anyone every heard of a Thai being 'held up' for those astronomical charges for 'damaged' jet skis...???

...if they are not insured to begin with...they shouldn't be on the water....nor rented out....

The corruption seems to go all the way to the top.

The non dictator did some stuff early in his non dictatorship just to fool people into non resistance while taking control.

Now he is doing his stand up act while his organization and partners rob the country.

I can't prove it. But what else could be going on? He clearly is not doing what he claims to be doing.

You win the prize for the dumbest poster of the day.

Do you think all the owners are new and have taken charge since the coup ?.

Or do you think that perhaps it's the same people who were doing it under the last government ?.

Take your time.

• Like 1

"Jet-ski operators and staff have also been accused of driving machines dangerously, ploughing through swimming areas, endangering swimmers including children."

So why does the Army currently assume that taking off all sunbeds and umbrella's of all beaches but allowing the jet skis and parasailers still to operate is aiming at 'returning happiness to the people' ?

Or did the dear general actually mean 'returning happiness to the maffia' instead?

It certainly looks that way, especially after the police's F^$$^CK-UP on Koh Tao....

• Like 1

Thai officials would ban Jet Skis immediately and arrest all jet ski owners and extradite them if the business were in foreign hands to an extend similar to the dive industry.

But since the jet ski culprits are by 100% Thais, they will be allowed to run their scams unharmed until the cows come home...

Let's face it - we are in a country full of racists, and with the three finger salute ban they openly admitted that we are living under dictatorship... Bad times, sad times... sad.png

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

The non dictator did some stuff early in his non dictatorship just to fool people into non resistance while taking control.

Now he is doing his stand up act while his organization and partners rob the country.

I can't prove it. But what else could be going on? He clearly is not doing what he claims to be doing.

Or do you think that perhaps it's the same people who were doing it under the last government ?.

Take your time.

Having read both posts, I'm still not sure which one is 'Dumb or Dumber'?

• Like 1

Want Thailand to listen? Fat hope unless serious trade sanctions are heavily pounded on them to wake up these government officials otherwise they would never learn. Thailand is country full of talks and phototakings but no actions!

Well, I actually believe they will learn a dire lesson very soon, as coming high season will be nothing compared to last years in Phuket.

I have friends in the hotel, bar and car rental business, they all say they are getting 20% of the inquiries they had last year.

Most of Phuket's 2, 3 and 4 star hotels are still vacant, yet the tourism industry in Samui and Krabi are on the upside.

If you chaps do not like the rule of law in Thailand then leave.

Related to the "big cheese" are you? whistling.gif

Many people here have some good thoughts for Thailand and its future (and their own future). This forum gives them the opportunity to write about their concerns, whether you like it or not or disagree.

Nothing moves forward when people "wimp out" (skippy) and accept the status quo!

• Like 1

Take your time.

To be fair, unlike the current leader, Toxin didn't say that he intended to root out corruption, in fact quite the opposite, he said it is part of Thai life.

So when it started isn't really relevant, however it's quite relevant to point out that the current leader stated his intention to end corruption, did a few things, but has singularly failed to ensure jet ski scams end and jet ski activity be properly regulated.

It would make more sense if you pointed out that it's a relatively small thing for a leader of a country to be bothered with and it should more appropriately be dealt with by underlings and the relevant authorities.

Or, you could just say that this is Thailand and nothing ever changes. That is certainly a valid point.

Of course nothing will be done. The only hope is that travel web sites will highlight this on going scam loud and clear as will travel agents and tour guides although they are probably in on the

scam too.What a country ! I thought 15 years ago when I first arrived some progress v corruption may have been made in fact just the opposite and frankly the majority of Thais don't really care

Oh they care, about "high season" and about how much of a scam they can run on the unsuspecting tourists. Sad but true

Wow!

I like this guy.

I agree with u in this guy

Speaking out good on him

Agreed. But........he's talking to a brick wall and if he talks too loudly or too often, he'll soon be retired like the other two consuls who were vocal on this issue. Sad, but all too true.

Your suggestion there I'd a connection between them speaking up and their retirement is not justified.

the only way to solve this problem is to boycott them,

don't use jet-skis, nobody get ripped off and the guys going out of business,

Somehow I don't think the informed tourist is the target audience, nor returning customers really part of the business model... Maybe that's why it's called a "scam".

Good for him for using a different platform to address this issue but, he needs to watch his back, the last person who spoke out like this was Larry Cunningham who had to resign his position (due to threats to his business apparently)

• Like 1