Phuket authorities ‘doing nothing about jet-ski rips offs’ – Hon Con

Lite Beer

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing farangs can do is simply not enable little minded corrupt mooches, that's all.

lots of us arrive in Thailand, luv the smile the vibes the easiness, the freedom and the feeling of safety, I know I sure do but as you stay longer you run into old timer's who are bickering with the thais and u might here out of the farangs mouth '' im not here to make every thai person happy'', and u think ''what a foreign ass hole '', then u stay longer and realize this guy is onto something.....

all of us need via not looseing are farang cool not put up with any thai bullshit, in this case one simply does what any rational person would do = not rent a jet ski, but via all of Thailand humanity and commerce don't ever forget that these people have lots to learn, and that but simply telling them ''it aint good enough'' or ''your acting wrong' and moving on change will come though slowwwwwly

this is the year the recalcitrant thais really wake up, my guess is around march 15th when they will be saying to themselves '' wow leviathan is right, Thailand's old high season from mid November to april 20th is now simply December 15th- January 10th,, what happened''?

once Phuket becomes that wonderful locale were its mostly thais on a weekend getways staying in one of the many near vacant guesthouse's they will perhaps at least treat the Thai's they rent them too a little bit better.

Edited by Leviathan

As it has always been...a thorough disgrace which goes all the way to the top of the crooked authorities that manage Phuket.........

Soon the beach vendors and umbrella mafia will be back too!....

I will never go back there..........!!

I agree nothing will change and Phuket will becomes Pattaya, just a matter of time. The country has lost it's charm and with that some of its soul.

• Like 1

Tourists are to blame for hiring them in the first place. Stop hiring them and starve them them off the beach.

Blame the victims. I assume u think it's the girls fault for wearing a short skirt if she gets raped as well?

yes but only if she dos not wear underpants.too.

Tourists are to blame for hiring them in the first place. Stop hiring them and starve them them off the beach.

Used to be that a sucker was born every minute but now its more like every second.

So business like this can continue for ever.

As it has always been...a thorough disgrace which goes all the way to the top of the crooked authorities that manage Phuket.........

I agree nothing will change and Phuket will becomes Pattaya, just a matter of time. The country has lost it's charm and with that some of its soul.

Come on. Phuket and Pattaya are not Thailand. They are part of it but are not it. get it?w00t.gif

Maybe what needs to happen is that when boarding an aircraft from Europe, USA, China, or other countries flying directly to Thailand with tourists is that the governments of those countries hand out flyers warning their citizens of the rip off scams and of other situations which they should be avoided. That might shake up the Thai politicians at the local level and the military junta leaders at the top.

• Like 2

The only effective way to bash this and other mafias is to boycott them and let them starve. Then, new and honest operators who will appreciate and honour their customers, will enter and bring back the confidence to the tourists.

Each tourist landing in Suvarnambumee AP should be handed, together with his entry card form, a page with warnings from frauds and scams in Thailand: Tuk Tuk drivers who charge extreme fees and take you for exhausting ride to shops who pay them commission, Taxi drivers who refuse to use the meter, Coach mafia that rip off the passengers on long rides to the islands and to the north, and steal their money, credit cards, and passport while the sleep, beach thieves who steal the belongings of the tourists, jet ski operators and fake tourist guides who tell naive tourists that the Grand palace is closed and offer them to take them to bullshit locations including buying fake jewellery.

Most of the first time tourists in Thailand are not aware of this misbehaviour and pay high learning fee for this.

The damage to the reputation of this wonderful country is huge and nobody seems to do anything about it.

Family just returned from holiday in Phuket. Unaware of scam. However, new twist ... a Jet Ski belonging to the operator and driven by an employee crashed into them and then drove off. The damage was undisputable, although a set-up. There were taken to the Police Station and made to pay 30,000 Baht compensation.

Wow!

I like this guy.

I like it that the guy shows guts. However, after this statement I wonder if he wants to keep the job for long.

I would assume that any statement would have been prior approved by the Embassy.

What happened with the fast track tourist courts in Phuket, are they used for the complaints against jet ski operators or not publicised in the main tourist areas / entry points to Phuket?

Wow!

I like this guy.

I like it that the guy shows guts. However, after this statement I wonder if he wants to keep the job for long.

I would assume that any statement would have been prior approved by the Embassy.

What happened with the fast track tourist courts in Phuket, are they used for the complaints against jet ski operators or not publicised in the main tourist areas / entry points to Phuket?

I think these courts have gone the way of the idea of 7/11 taking over the role of the police. They have just faded away, the cosmetics have run.

You mean it will get better!

I always felt Phuket had far deeper problems wrt corruption/scams and mafia behaviour than Pattaya. It starts at the airport there!

You can get transport for 10 baht in Pattaya.........

I first went to Phuket in 1983, it was wonderful. My last visit was a far different experience.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh please God , I wish we had this guy in Pattaya . Welcom with open arms .

Ditto, but if it does not mean squat in Phuket will it mean squat in Pattaya?

I first came to Thailand in 1979 and the evidence continues to build that I made the right decision in not going to Phuket back then. It would appear that the good General/PM call him what you will has had far less affect than many had hoped for.

Until some of the big people Mafia/ Persons with power and influence are sent to jail nothing will ever change in Thailand.

The military coup has had virtually no effect on Pattaya. The rumours were that the vested interests were simply too strong and powerful. This does appear to be the case.

The poor of Thailand will continue to pay tax through direct taxation on virtually all purchases and get very little back in return. Meanwhile the rich and powerful will continue to steal as much as is possible of that tax paid through corrupted government investment programmes. The recent Photovoltaic system figures published by the Bangkok Post are evidence of this. Their figures show that the same systems cost 40,000 Baht to 140,000 Baht per household depending on which area of administrative area of Thailand is considered.

There must be a paper trail to show where this government money (tax payer money) has ended up or at least some very big clues. Why are investigations into fraud not being carried out?

Meanwhile poorly built roads paid for out of the public coffers continue to get built and rapidly fall apart due to shoddy workmanship and cheap methods of construction. Some of these roads are only a couple of years old.

• Like 2

I've never been there and have no intentions of going!

+1

I've never been there and have no intentions of going!

+1

But please, keep visiting the forum here and let us know your much valued opinion of a place you have never been to.

• Like 2

If you chaps do not like the rule of law in Thailand then leave.

Ah this old chestnut, if you don't like it leave trumps any discussion.

We don't need honest decent people in Thailand meddling in our affairs and organisations. We have been scamming and cheating people for decades so take your opinions and bugger off.

I agree, leave comments contributes nothing to the discussion & are a waste of broadband space.