Koh Tao's dark side: dangers of island where Britons were murdered

webfact

Perhaps someone should take a look at Costa de Sols record lately, its tame here by comparison.

They look at France which had 20 times more tourists yet Thailand had over 360 violent deaths of Brits alone. If it is the same for other nationalities that makes thousands of tourist deaths. But for now Thailand appears, for Brits, to be more dangerous than Helmand province in war torn Afghanistan.

Dont you mean Brits are more dangerous to themselves in Thailand?

For some reason they do tend to be the stand out crowd when it come to stupid loutish drunken behaviour.

Drunk and doing crazy things on bikes. Drink all day,then fighting when full. dont seem to question about drugs they will take.

and then there are the full moon party.

theres even enough cases of brits in trouble to make a tv show out of it..many in jail for drugs and boiler room scam.

is a bit rich to blame the country

Not saying any of those things had a part in David and Hannas case tho. Nasty terrible stuff, hope those scum who did it do burn in hell

You are a very strong candidate for the most stupid, ignorant post of the year.

To bad you cannot argue against that what you find so ignorant and stupid,but then again i guess you are brit yes?

Cannot deny any of the things i said. And i say in regards to this claim that place X is more dangerous for citizen of Y country

How can a place be more dangerous for one nationality but not as dangerous for another?

No no no it couldnt be the tourists fault they wind up in the shlt

so oh wise one please do cure me of my stupidity...why is it only the Brits that Thailand picks on so much?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So nothing really new in the story other than that there is more business than expected. That contrary to statements on TVF ; not everyone on the island claims to know who did it.

And perhaps most telling : the lawyer of the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers admits that they may have done it, but doesn't think that they did

I love your unique take on everything!! biggrin.png

So nothing really new in the story other than that there is more business than expected. That contrary to statements on TVF ; not everyone on the island claims to know who did it.

And perhaps most telling : the lawyer of the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers admits that they may have done it, but doesn't think that they did

I love your unique take on everything!! biggrin.png

All three of those elements are in the story. The conspiracy theorists just skip over them. The rest is just a rehash of older articles.

I think you could say money shouts in Thailand.

but isnt it funny all this shakesup happens now. Corrupt police officials are taken down.not long after the kho thso kerfuffle and just before the hearing.

if it were a jigsaw maybe ud think all the pieces are coming together.

maybe someones ring the bell now.. partly because of kho thao case and bad press.maybe a good time to cut the rot out of the police before the axe falls.

probably look better to sack them over corruption first and then while theyre at it can pin the blame for kho thao on them as well?

another conspiracy for you to mull over

Reply to post #61 in reference to your earlier post #58.

I'm way above bothering to argue with such caveman stupidity.

Atleast the trolling twaddle of JDinasia is fun to read and he clearly takes a pride in entertaining TV members because he couldn't possibly believe what he posts. But he clearly takes a certain pride in his imaginative musings.

You on the other hand quite possibly do believe what you post which is, on the basis of you being sound in mind, quite scary, or if you are somewhat retarded or intellectually backward, just about acceptable enough to cast aside as unwanten garbage.

As for curing you of your stupidity as you ask, i don't have some super natural power and on the basis of your opinion regarding Brits i would deem you as a lost cause.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

I have always felt a darkness, and creepy vibe to this crime, and drug infested island of Tao. Been there over ten times, as that is where I learned to dive. Little did I know back then that Bans was run by one of the five piglet families. Now, I have vowed to never go back, and never put another baht into the pocket of these crocodile families. What have they done for the Tao community lately? They own the police and are above the law. Never a good thing when it comes to tourist safety, as David and Hannah so tragically found out. And Nomsod the Terrible roams freely. Tao will never be safe while he is free.

I have always felt a darkness, and creepy vibe to this crime, and drug infested island of Tao. Been there over ten times, as that is where I learned to dive. Little did I know back then that Bans was run by one of the five piglet families. Now, I have vowed to never go back, and never put another baht into the pocket of these crocodile families. What have they done for the Tao community lately? They own the police and are above the law. Never a good thing when it comes to tourist safety, as David and Hannah so tragically found out. And Nomsod the Terrible roams freely. Tao will never be safe while he is free.

Apparently you are in possession of evidence that Nomsod was there.

You should present this to the press or the police.

Do you honestly think the police are interested in this evidence? Do you honestly think they do not have ample evidence? Do you honestly think he is not being protected by vested interests? Do you honestly think his family is not above the law?

Do you honestly think the police are interested in this evidence? Do you honestly think they do not have ample evidence? Do you honestly think he is not being protected by vested interests? Do you honestly think his family is not above the law?

I honestly think he was not on the island.

I honestly think you don't have evidence.

I honestly think he was not on the island.

I honestly think you don't have evidence.

He probably appreciates your vote of confidence.

• Like 1